Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    19.8 And yeah im a skinny mofo
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

17.8.. -.-
    i'm working hard on gaining weigth.
    wtb few pounds pst!
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Last time I tried this at a doctors it was like, annorxically thin. I eat so much tho! Its not fair!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    But yeah I am kinda big build but not fat (like homer says "I AM BIG BONED!")
    But hey... Ppl always say I look good so :P
    Cartman from South Park says that...

anways, my BMI = 21 = about as perfect as it could get

Deleted
    Like.. 26 ish. I'm a fatty.

Deleted
    21.4, gotta love eating whatever you want, not doing any sports and being skinny

Deleted
    You all attracted to me nao?

23.1, supposed to be 22.4 for my height (6 ft). so I need to lose 2 kg. but i recently tried gaining weight so double success.

22.7 is this good?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i calculated it 3 years ago when i was 15, it was 19, no idea what it is now
    ie. that is your problem...

well if wanted to raise it that is

My body works the same,,, so I can't eat junk food. My body is pretty good about absorbing the good calories (or I like to think so) & poops out all the junk.

Peoples bodies are so different & react to food differently it makes it extremely hard to lump things into simple solutions/categories (like BMI)

For example:
    One of the best advice to give to an overweight person to lose weight & and for someone trying to gain weight is the same:

Eat more (6-8) smaller portioned meals a day
    In overweight people it helps increase motabolism & reduce fat storage (ie excess food THEY eat gets stored as fat)
    I underweight people it allows the body, gives it time, to use everything you eat instead of eating a 4000 cal meal & only 1000 gets absorbed & rest you poop right out.

Working out is the best way to increase BMI for underweight people.
    1) by building muscle
    2) When you exercise your body needs more calories to maintain & absorbs more.
    Last edited by Digitalkilla; 2011-02-18 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    26.5 ... I'm overweight with a bodyfat of 15%, yay! BMI sucks, it cant say anything about you if you do sport in any kind.

~ Agoni

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    I think something like 13-14% body fat.

But it seems quite useless to me. I mean, how you can call someone overweight without measuring body fat? Muscles are heavier than fat anyways.
    That's because he is using a simplified method to calculate it. When I was in the Army they measured around the neck and waist and that factored in somehow. Someone who is obese will have a larger waist then someone who has a lot of muscle weight. Someone who has a large neck but a smaller waist is likely more muscle mass. The real method for figuring it is a lot more complex then what the OP posted. In fact, from the link the OP posted....

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/publ...tm#limitations
    Last edited by xotrem; 2011-02-18 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    20.2, 9.8% body fat

my bmi is 16.4 so i'm underweight tho i already knew this been trying to gain weight but nothing seems to really help.

Quote Originally Posted by xotrem View Post
    That's because he is using a simplified method to calculate it. When I was in the Army they measured around the neck and waist and that factored in somehow. Someone who is obese will have a larger waist then someone who has a lot of muscle weight. Someone who has a large neck but a smaller waist is likely more muscle mass. The real method for figuring it is a lot more complex then what the OP posted.
    The same is said for body fat tests most people use... Calipers... they either don't test enough areas, have human error, & doesn't completely adjust for body types...

The more accurate ways to determine obesity are very expensive, a pain to find, or to much work for people.
    They are:
    Water testing (you get in a pool, measures bouyancy I believe)
    Air displacement testing...same as above just without water
    Or equipment scans (MRI, CT, DEXA, etc) these are just very expensive, atleast in the US & can cost thousands of dollars per scan.

Also "in shape" People who hate on BMI tend to ignore other problems (myself included)
    Even though I am very much in shape & in normal BMI ranges, my diet is poor & I doubt I am as healthy internally as I am on the outside

*wonders how many complete liars have posted to this thread, claiming they're "perfectly healthy" with bmi's of nearly 30* heh.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

'overweight is a BMI greater than 25; obese is a BMI greater than 30"

Mine is 28, I train 20 hours a week though and my fat percentage is under 7% xD So I don't think I have health problems. People who are very atletic / muscline will have a higher BMI so BMI doesn't say anything. Look at fat-percentage!

Quote Originally Posted by lokna View Post
    my bmi is 16.4 so i'm underweight tho i already knew this been trying to gain weight but nothing seems to really help.
    Lift weights 3 days a week, do cardio 2-3 days a week.
    Eat more & more often (not junk food)

Working out, be it building muscle or burning calories say, running, increases your bodies demand for food & desire to absorb more of it.

Eating 6000 calories of cheetto's while playing WoW isn't going to get you there. You will just poop out 4000 of it.

Gaining & losing weight takes work, A LOT of work, a lot of people WANT to gain or lose weight, atleast say they do but don't want it ENOUGH to put the work in. myself included.

15+ Year Old Account
    19.2, not bad I guess but like others say I can eat and eat and not gain any weight whatsoever.

Deleted
    BMI is garbage, don't ever use it.