Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Blues are actually not allowed to support suggestions. Thats why they only leave automated posts. A blue saying "hey thats a good idea" might get everyone's hopes up and rumors would spread and panic would arise. So they have to stay quiet. Also Blizzard said just post your suggestions in general. Theres a sticky on there explaining that I think...
    perhaps, but if they were truly open to suggestions they would have left that part of the forums up, it's much easier to sift through suggestions in a centralized area rather than sifting through peoples rabble about non-sense in hopes to find a suggestion thread that is creative and inspiring. but like i said unfortunately most people don't post their suggestions in a civilized and mature manner. most of it is demands or QQ. not creative well thought out opinions.

If someone came up with something that was really brilliant yet not too hard to implement they would go for it.
    Personally I think the game lacks something to be creative with, but I have no idea what that might be.

If you've become bored with WoW it may be because you were very excited for cataclysm to come out, and then after exploring the new changes and zones, the new raiding and pvp styles, new profession and races, you come to realize that the game is 6 years old and no matter how much the game changes it will never truly change.

Change is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    If you've become bored with WoW it may be because you were very excited for cataclysm to come out, and then after exploring the new changes and zones, the new raiding and pvp styles, new profession and races, you come to realize that the game is 6 years old and no matter how much the game changes it will never truly change.

Change is good.
    i'm not sure if your agreeing or disagreeing. but it's ok cause you have a great name. but i think your on board with the point that in 6 years nothing much has changed.

After a while MMOs tend to get boring. Thats why you gotta take a break every once in a while, or else your going to be caught up in doing dailys, button mashing, collecting gear to go in raids to get more gear that will be used to kill more things to get even better gear, achivments, and so on.

It will loose its appeal after sometime, and you just need to break out of it everyonce in a while.
    I play single player rpgs too, infact whenever I hit a "dull point" I'm just going to switch over too FFX and play that a bit then come back to wow.

Deleted
    The excitement flew out the window when the devs hyped and promised Cata will feed the naked and clothe the hungry and then failed to deliver.

"But...but...they redid the whole of azeroth with new quests and changed world"

Who the hell cares ?!? Are you leveling alts ?!? Neither do I. Newbs certainly don't care the world looks different, provided they don't even know how it looked before...So for whom exactly did they waste an unthinkable amount of resources and time ?!? Oh yeah, the achievement whores and lore freaks, the only categories of players who would actually give a damn about it.

Good marketing strategy right there, Blizzard. Cataclysm rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Another forum I read now and then has a nice section, it's called a "klaagbak".
    That is dutch for QQ-dump, people can complain about random things there.. And it's one of the most visited sections
    Maybe MMO-c should get a central "cata is boring"-section, where people just can throw it all out.
    Hello Fokker!

Deleted
    IMO many people thought that WoW will change alot with Cataclysm, but well... its still WoW, there are just new raids and a few new zones where you can do quests.
    THe world has changed, the concept is the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its like a marriage - the excitement can last a lifetime or be gone the next moment. There are allways ups and downs and new things will usually bring a bit of new excitement unless the ads stretch out into eternity (like with DN4E and that didn´t turn up - yet... ^^ ). So play or don´t play not much else you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing for well over 3 years now and I'm still discovering new things and enjoying myself greatly. It's not the game that becomes less exciting. It's the people. I know I'm regularly losing the joy in what I'm doing because other people keep on griping to me about how they don't like A and think B sucks and C is boring. Stop it, why can't you let me have a good time?

The newbie excitement can't last. WotLK's easier content was more tolerable to the burned-out player, but the buffing of content difficulty in Cata removed that mask.

If content had been as difficult in WotLK as it is now, the ennui would have set in then. Blizzard totally misdiagnosed why subs plateaued in WotLK and is going to suffer greatly because of it.

Deleted
    I know where my excitement went: Straigt to Everquest when they announce the new classic server what WoW still hasn't managed to do, despite massive requests.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    The exitement probably went to the same place as the excitement I had for the 50 or so games I have standing gathering dust on a shelf.

It's normal that something of this nature gets boring after a while, for some it takes longer. Personally I still enjoy the game a lot, ofc it's not got it's new fresh feeling it had in the beginning but I still enjoy it.

You can go play something else and it'll be awesome to start with then eventually it will end up being boring and not have the same excitement as it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    I know where my excitement went: Straigt to Everquest when they announce the new classic server what WoW still hasn't managed to do, despite massive requests.
    And if Blizzard did this the excitement wont last for long as people have already done this particular part of WoW and eventually will get bored fairly quickly(you can claim that wont happen all you want but it will).
    Last edited by Exera; 2011-02-18 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobkill View Post
    I was new to MMO's at the time
    You see this, right here? This is why you were excited in the first place. It was new, it was different, it was a scale larger than most games out there. But now you've been there, done that, seen the seams on the edges of the world (which invariably must exist), felt the limitations of the engine, and now the excitement is gone.

The time during your first months of playing was like your wedding night. Now you've been married to your wife for 20 years, and the luster is out of the...'relations'. Now all you have is a 9 to 5 job, three kids and a wife whose midriff is ever increasing in diameter. Nothing to be excited about anymore.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!