Healing Trinkets

Pardon me if this is an old question (I couldn't find reference to it on the first two pages of the forum nor in the stickies), but has anyone broken down and ranked the healing trinkets, especially pre-raid, for both Holy and Disc?

I'm currently sporting the two JC caster trinkets (Owl and Serpent), and I just got both trinkets from Heroic Stonecore (Tendrils and Tear). However, looking at them all side by side it's really tough to decide which is better. I know they break them down for Shadow, and I realize healing is more difficult to quantify.

Any help would be appreciated.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion:
    As a holy/disc priest I can tell you that the Tendrils is lacking in usefulness. While mastery is an important stat for both holy and disc the proc is not really all that useful since you can't decide when to add the spellpower. If it were an "on use" trinket it would be more useful. However the Tear is a very strong pre raid trinket. The Int passive is great for longevity and throughput and the chance on crit heal to proc spirit. I am currently using this same trinket and i love it. As holy you have absurdly large amounts of crit passively just from your spec and chakra choices. With reforging crit off my gear i was at about 10% crit at 346 ilvl. add in the 10% for chakra serenity and the 25% additional crit on the target of your HW: Serenity for 6 sec/10.5sec you are about 45% crit on your tank the majority of the time. For disc, it factors a bit lower because the lower crit chance but still a good trinket overall because who couldn't use a little more spirit?

Hope this helps.

In preaid BiS order:

1. Tsunami
    2. Mandala
    3. Tear of Blood
    4. Dream Owl
    5. Witching Hourglass

T11:

1. Tsunami
    2. Mandala
    3. Fall of Mortality
    4. Core of Ripeness
    5. Tear of Blood

T11 H:

1. Fall of Mortality
    2. Tsunami
    3. Shard of Woe
    4. Mandala
    5. Fall of Mortality

Deleted
    What about the Vibrant Alchemist Stone? Does it have a room on that list?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewk View Post
    In preaid BiS order:

1. Tsunami
    2. Mandala
    3. Tear of Blood
    4. Dream Owl
    5. Witching Hourglass

T11:

1. Tsunami
    2. Mandala
    3. Fall of Mortality
    4. Core of Ripeness
    5. Tear of Blood

T11 H:

1. Fall of Mortality
    2. Tsunami
    3. Shard of Woe
    4. Mandala
    5. Fall of Mortality
    Tyrande's Favourite Doll?

Mandala is clearly worse than both Core of Ripeness and Fall of Mortality...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Mandala is clearly worse than both Core of Ripeness and Fall of Mortality...
    as long as mandala proc remains rng based, i don't think i'll bother spending tol tokens for it.
    running with Heroic ToB + Core atm, waiting for FoM to drop to replace ToB.

Quote Originally Posted by Staplecrab View Post
    Tyrande's Favourite Doll?
    I never include arch items but it is #1 in all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewk View Post
    I never include arch items but it is #1 in all cases.
    No it's not. For disc/all other healers it is amazing. With 2/2 Holy Concentration it's below Heroic Fall of Mortality and DMC: Tsunami (assuming you always use it as soon as it comes off CD every time) and is only about 8mp5 better than Normal Fall of Mortality (with the added disadvantage of needing to be used perfectly, even with it macro'd into spells then you're going to lose a second or two on some uses, making it effectively equal to Normal FoM).

And yeh, Mandala is horrible, even with the update to proc Int. Static throughput with proc/use regen is always going to be more consistently useful than static regen+proc/use throughput.

Shard of Woe is debatable, personally I wouldn't use it, the mana saving aren't that great compared to the regen from Heroic FoM/Tsunami, you lose the static throughput and the proc is pretty weak for a healer. But frankly, if you're in the position to have the choice, then you probably know your class well enough to make your own call.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 03:21 PM ----------

But to answer the original question. Use Tear of Blood and JC Owl trinket. They're the best two 346 healer trinkets in game.