10+ Year Old Account

Level 70 PvP gear; Worth it?

I'm currently leveling up my very first PvP toon. She's a frost mage and of course, I've got the thoughts of gear swirling around in my head. I'm at the point where I need to start deciding whether or not to purchase the level 70 when I get to that level, or continue saving up for level 80-85 gear (I like knowing these things ahead of time :P). Leveling is a breeze, so 70 will hit me in no time I'm sure...

So to all of you who PvP, is it worth buying the level 70 gear, or should I wait?

Thanks to those who answer!
    -Hydrex
    Last edited by Trinafer; 2011-02-17 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrex View Post
    I'm currently leveling up my very first PvP toon. She's a frost mage and of course, I've got the thoughts of gear swirling around in my head. I'm at the point where I need to start deciding whether or not to purchase the level 70 when I get to that level, or continue saving up for level 80-85 gear (I like knowing these things ahead of time :P). Leveling is a breeze, so 70 will hit me in no time I'm sure...

So to all of you who PvP, is it worth buying the level 70 gear, or should I wait?

-Hydrex

I would say due to the low honor cap that you may as well buy it if you have 4k honor at level 70.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm levelling my rogue (Lvl 74) atm and I've bought lvl 70 pvp gear when I hit 70. I won about 2.5k Honor points since level 70

-Hydrex
    You'll cap again. At 70 I bought mounts. I was back at 4k by 80.

If you lvl by BGs you'll cap pretty easy, and can afford to buy the PvP gear at 60,70 and 80 I guess. And probably get capped again 'til 85

you could buy the lvl 85 gear and stick it in your bank till you hit 85.
    And if you cant by lvl 85 pvp gear till lvl 85 then get the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelo View Post

or just buy the low level pvp gear.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelo View Post
    You can't buy gear in advance that you do not have the level requirement for

-Hydrex
    The level 70 gear will serve you extremely well through the 70-74 bracket. Once you hit 75, it will be all about the 77+ folks who purchased Cata gear. Feral druids with 50-60k health at 78 can be pretty scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I'll most likely purchase the gear then!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneshield View Post
    The level 70 gear will serve you extremely well through the 70-74 bracket. Once you hit 75, it will be all about the 77+ folks who purchased Cata gear. Feral druids with 50-60k health at 78 can be pretty scary.
    ^ what they said, lvl 70 arena gear is VERY useful for the 70-74 bracket, not only does it have some of the best stats you can get for that level range but it is almost ALL socketed. Which means you can toss in wrath gems. Once you hit 75, as pointed out, I wouldn't bother entering bg's if you are easily discouraged. Once you hit 77, you can snag a few pieces of gear from the AH from cataclysm, the bulk of the gear is unavailable until lvl 78, and 79 will give you some solid upgrades. My recommendation is to run a few dungeons from 75-77ish, and during that period stock up on AH blues and greens that are cataclysm quality. You can normally get a decent blue quality boe weapon or neck, and plenty of cata ilvl greens. I have a rogue in the bracket now sitting at just under 40k hp unbuffed, with almost 54% dodge without cooldowns, almost 50% crit, and about 6300 ap unbuffed. Going in to bg's at 75 will feel like you are playing against people in 25 man heroic ICC or Ruby Sanctum gear. It's not pleasant.