Deleted

Book of glyph mastery

Yo folk's first post here. Just wondering if book of glyph mastery can drop in cataclysm zones? Any1 had 1 drop or something?

Have not seen any drop in Cata zones.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Book of glyph mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Roygbiv View Post
    Yo folk's first post here. Just wondering if book of glyph mastery can drop in cataclysm zones? Any1 had 1 drop or something?
    This item only drops in Wrath zones. It's rather unfortunate, and obviously not taken into consideration when looking ahead to new expansions. I believe there was a blue response to this problem a while ago. I'll come back when I locate it.

Edit: Can't find it. >< Going to have to wait until I'm at home and have time to reaaalllly sort through blue posts.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2011-02-17 at 08:08 PM.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a craft using current inks it's only craftable once per day, but it said something about learning something from the past. Might be the gapcloser for the old book only glyphs?
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    There is a craft using current inks it's only craftable once per day, but it said something about learning something from the past. Might be the gapcloser for the old book only glyphs?
    I would be interested to know if the item you are talking about works or not. I had every glyph when I tried it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    If you're talking about Forged Documents... I don't remember ever learning new glyphs from doing them daily.

He's talking about northrend inscription research or w/e was the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilo View Post
    The problem is the Book of Glyph Mastery will give you different glyphs compared to the daily research.

Quote Originally Posted by ilo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89367 he was talking about this one

Deleted
    This is a very poor oversight by Blizzard, I didn't get into inscription till near the end of wotlk and as pointed out already they only drop off wotlk mobs. This has caused the price of the books to go up to 1000g each on my realm which is ridiculous, as there is no way of knowing which glyph you'll learn and while there are some very profitable ones in the list of possibles, it's hardly worth a 1000g punt to find out.

I'll go through the blue tracker and see if I can find the post Aliok mentioned. I'm hoping it says they're going to fix it (how hard can that be ffs?).

I have been wondering the exact same thing.

Blizz should fix that.

I typically see these books selling for 200 - 300g on Mal'Ganis. But never more than 3 - 5 on the AH at any given time, and often none for sale. I would love to see Blizzard set something up that makes it easier for people who didn't have their Inscription profession during the WotLK hey-day, so that we could get all the glyph recipes in a reasonable manner. I'm all for having to farm to earn your professions recipes etc. But i'd like to know that it would be doable in the cata zones somehow. Perhaps in a future patch....

Zywrath

Requisite Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89367 he was talking about this one
    As far as I know that doesn't teach you glyphs, just has an additional chance of giving you a 10% xp buff instead of the +%dmg buffs if you're below level 85 (when you're able to benefit from an xp bonus, i.e. "have things to learn").