Graphical issues

I recently put together a new rig, and I am experiencing an infrequent, though significant issue. I am still within my return-it-no-questions-asked window, but that is rapidly closing. I was hoping someone might offer some insight.

I have an i5 2500k, and one of the motherboards (ASUS) that will be recalled. I also have an ASUS GTX 460. I use an aftermarket CPU cooler.

This issue has happened twice, both while playing WoW. The game will freeze up for 5(ish) seconds, my screen will go black for another 5, then a bizzare graphical display will occur with an extremely distorted image of the freeze up screen in what looks like an 8-bit color scheme. Then the screen will go black again, and WoW recovers and continues on as normal.

Should I return my graphics card for a new one? Is this something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Return get new one? easy thought to me if it has bugs get rid of it

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried updating your drivers? The process you're describing sounds like a graphic driver fault and the subsequent recovery. Updating to the newest set of drivers may fix this issue, as computers usually come from the factory a few versions behind.

I am 99% sure its your graphic card drivers, had exactly the same issue which if you google it will show you that the 460 is a problem card. there has been a driver problem with it since release and yet no fix out, until then i replaced it with my old 8800. if you still have the warranty i recommend you to get a new card.

If the driver update didn't help. Try installing a GFX you know that works, borrow one from a mate if needed.