February's Setup of the Month?

So I've finally convinced my old lady to let me buy a new computer but (!) I know all of nothing about building a computer. I have no idea how to make sure parts are compatible, much less what won't be obsolete in 6 months, so I'm looking forward to your February Setup to provide me a blueprint of what blindly to buy. I am in the "norwal" price range (and have an Antec 300 ATX on order).

15+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt there will be one. February hasn't graced us with anything new and seeing as the Intel Sandy Bridge CPU's aren't back out yet (motherboards that is), there's not much different that the last setup. March or April will be the next big setup changes, as those will be when Sandy Bridge is back on the market
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by veliaris View Post
    So I've finally convinced my old lady to let me buy a new computer but (!) I know all of nothing about building a computer. I have no idea how to make sure parts are compatible, much less what won't be obsolete in 6 months, so I'm looking forward to your February Setup to provide me a blueprint of what blindly to buy. I am in the "norwal" price range (and have an Antec 300 ATX on order).
    http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png
    same idea with more options
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30

Quote Originally Posted by TanAxys View Post
    I've seen this, but have no idea if each of these components is compatible with the next. Like RAM, I assume the whole system is limited by the weakest link in the chain. As for the Sandy issue, what are we supposed to do then? Is the only option going with an i7?

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you looking for a computer immediately, or can you wait a month or so for the Sandy Bridge chips to come out again?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right