Deleted

Help required concerning a Tier Piece

Hello.

I need a little Advice, i just came to the point that i have over 2200 Valor Points, thus being able to buy an Tier item. Now the problem is, If i take the chest, i lose almost 200 Hit, but if i take the legs, i get almost 200 Hit. Im exactly Hitcapped at the moment.

Should i go for the Tier Legs, Chest or a Offpiece?

Armory =

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dotmore/simple

Get the legs and reforge some of your other hit?

I'd go ahead and get the chest and reforge to regain as much hit as possible. Baradin Hold is easily puggable so you stand a chance at the gloves and pants each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chest. Also, sacrifice some hit. You don't HAVE to be hit capped. I roll at ~15% hit and my parses show no missed spells.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I'd say get the chest. You have a chance to win the legs on BH. To work on your hitcap issue you can just reforge more.

Deleted
    Allright. Chest it is. Thanks alot.

Do the Tier Gloves also drop from Argaloth ? i Throught only the Leggings
    Last edited by mmoc7124f432f2; 2011-02-18 at 12:20 PM.

Nope, I believe it's both gloves and legs. It's really quite neat.

Deleted
    Should i stick a 40 Hit gem in the blue socket, to compensate the loss of Hit, or just the usual Hit+Intell?

Deleted
    Int > Hit in all cases!

So therefore if socket bonus is worth it (which it is) go hit/int otherwise 40 int all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodaii View Post
    Int > Hit in all cases!

So therefore if socket bonus is worth it (which it is) go hit/int otherwise 40 int all the way.
    That might be easily misunderstood. Add numerical values like "1 int > 1 hit in all cases", people will misunderstand things easily and they'll end up making mistakes when judging 10 intellect against 30 hit, for instance.

I know the min/max way of doing things is to stick +40 int gems in every socket unless the socket bonus is awesome. However, I put +40 int gems only in red or prismatic sockets. I put the +20 int / +20 hit in blue sockets and +20 int / +20 haste gems in yellow sockets.

I can't speak for higher level raid gear, but I am mostly in 346 heroic gear and some 359 epics (rep epics and one Magmaw epic). At this stage I've noticed that the epic upgrades usually lack hit. This goes for the epic neck from Dragonmaw/Wildhammer, the T11 chest, T11 hands, the Power Generator Hood from Omnitron, and so forth.

I wouldn't stress about getting gear that lacks hit, because that seems pretty par for the course on many 359 items. One BoE upgrade you should consider is the Dreamless Belt. That beast has 149 hit on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    off topic post: i think it's awesome that you with full blue (and 1 green) gear managed to get hit capped

Reforging is your friend for hit. Since gear will always have 2 reforgable stats on it (as far as I know) it's just a matter of keeping the pretty one and reforging the ugly one.

I'm basically in the same boat as the OP. Just got my Haunt of Flies this week. I already have the crafted epic legs and the rep epic hands, so the only blue to purple upgrade left is the chest. I was hitcapped but lost a bit correcting my gems because of having 5x 40hit that I traded out for 3int/hit (strong bonuses) and 2 more that went 40int (weak bonuses). I havn't reforged anything yet, so I have way more mastery than I need.

you need 17% hit. don't listen to people saying "oh well I run with 15 her dur" Simcraft is only a simulation, it gives you an idea. if it comes down to gaining 40 int, and say putting you at 16.85% hit, then yea, thats fine. regardless of what anyone says, look at locks in top guilds. Take acrylic or example. He was hit capped from the start, and still is. regardless of gear level he maintains as close to 17% as possible. If you're a lock, and you raid, you need to be hit capped.

Deleted
    Is the 4pc Setbonus worth it, with the changes applied in 4.0.6? If not, should i go for Chest+Hands or Chest+ Legs. ( Or which i get my hands on first? )

It's worth it to a minor extent, although it's nothing major that'll suddenly boost your power-level over 9000.

If you're going for 2 pieces, go for shoulders and legs.