Future of crafting professions in next patches.

Hello.
    I have 2 "main" characters, they have Alch and Jewelcrafting, and I'm thinking about making an alt with Blacksmithing. Right now you can buy Plans for BS spending some Elementium/Pyrium bars.

But I wonder, how would players access to new plans in 4.1 patch and beyond? Would it be the same as recipes from Ulduar/ToC that dropped from raidbosses and were usually rolled among players that have appropriate profession, or just some resource obtainable with Valor Points(like Prim Saronite). Would it be possible to get these recipes for an alt, that raids only after main character finished it's weekly raiding?
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-02-18 at 01:26 AM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

No one can possibly know the answers to these questions at this point in time. Sorry.

Deleted
    As above, there have been no hints at all as to the future of crafting recipes in major content patches.

It could be anything. Wrath had BoP raid drops (Ulduar), BoE raid drops (Toc) and raid-reputation vendor (ICC). It could be the same, it could be totally different, there really is absolutely no way of knowing until a major content patch is up on the PTR or datamined.

You can be certain BS, LW and tailoring will get new plans next tier or the one after that.
    Any other profession might be 'screwed' the rest of the expansion... but it would be great if Blizzard adresses this time...
    Above are the 'true' crafting professions...
    but its always sad too see Engineers, Alchemist, JC get a nice item at the start of the expansion (goggles/guns, alch. stone, figurine), but those get obsolete the rest of the game.

Having mats aquirable thru valor points is something i'd like, but not straight away (probably next tier), rather see it be raiddrops (or for the Bop items maybe even boss drops (aka you need to have kill X to craft Y)

Deleted
    If cata is anything like wotlk, then you will want to ensure any raid progress based recipe professions (typically the armor crafting ones) are on your main and stuff like jc and alch (which didn't really change much with the major content patches in wotlk) are on alts that are not likely to see the inside of a raid instance.