Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Ok so I just started raiding again because my cousin's guild is a bunch of RL friends and they just got geared enough to actually raid. One thing I am confused about is how are people pulling the kind of dps that they are on that fight. This isn't a "I'm bottom of the meters" QQ post because, well, I wasn't. I was actually the top dps this week (missed last week when they did it because I had to take my girls to dance class) but only managed 22k dps and the next highest was barely 20k dps. I was looking at State of DPS (http://stateofdps.com) and it was showing that shadow priests average 42k dps on that fight in 10 man normal (what we are running). I'm just left scratching my head on how they manage that when I'm at like half that.

Class DPS (Avg) Median StdDev % Samples
    Mage - Fire 46799 45587 3356 100 180
    Rogue - Combat 45618 44673 4099 98 180
    Rogue - Assassination 43703 43028 2199 94 180
    Priest - Shadow 42912 42241 2335 93 180
    before patch when we down him our max dps was like 24K with help form aoe whelps
    these weeks i do 38K Dps after that %shadow dmg nerf, which i never had chance to enjoy using (
    with no whelps(No AoE)
    dunno if its gear or this new meta
    or just facts that i got a mage in my raid for once

think its mostly duo other classes giving you there support buff

and why you ask dps can go so high its the debuff halfus gets for dead dragons

Quote Originally Posted by corola10 View Post
    before patch when we down him our max dps was like 24K with help form aoe whelps
    these weeks i do 38K Dps after that %shadow dmg nerf, which i never had chance to enjoy using (
    with no whelps(No AoE)
    dunno if its gear or this new meta
    or just facts that i got a mage in my raid for once
    Well before the patch when you freed'd all 3 drakes, it gave 150% increased damage, now when 3 drakes are dead it gives 300% increased.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon