Thread: EU Servers

Deleted

Smile EU Servers

Well i have been thinking about it for a while now. How come Germans get their own servers while we swedes have to share ours with many other nationalities...not that i mind. But is there a specific reason why there is English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian realms ? Ofcourse i understand that the people in russia have a diffrent keyboard and a very diffrent language...

However France, Germany, Spain is in Europe? Is there a specific reason why a german that links enchanting in trade is seeing a diffrent language then english in the game menus etc. ?

Might just be me that missed out on something here maybe or are we scandinavians just so awesome at english, while Germans suck at it ?

You can say France, Germany, English, Russian etc are spoken by X amount of ppl and so on. But they could do Scandinavian servers with Danish/Norwegian/Swedish (since we all understand eachother well, especially writing). But why? Scandinavians know English very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's think about it. Germany has a population of 82 million or so, while the population of Sweden is around 9 million. Hmm... Not to mention that German is spoken by majority of people in Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.

Same goes for French, Spanish and Russian realms. There are more speakers to these languagues, thus they get their own servers.

Deleted
    Because the lovely researchers at Blizzard deemed that it wouldn't be worth the costs involved in setting up new servers.

If they think they're going to make a profit, they'll do it. It's a business after all.

Deleted
    Dude, you can. Just join Shattered Hand, you can speak swedish in general or trade no problem, most people there do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Scandinavians know English very well.
    Well, Italians don't, but there's no client localization for them
    Moreover, Italians are the worst in Europe and probably in the whole world at speaking English (or any other foreign language). No trolling, I'm italian myself so I know that.
    French do not want to speak foreign languages, Germans have some pronounce related problems due to the similarity of many words, but Italians, man, when I hear some colleague of mine speaking English I go "gimme that throw up bag NOW!"

Deleted
    well i would love to see all nationalities together...somehow. Yes i know i could just log into a specific server and talk 1 language.......how boring is that?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause then us dutch/belgian players would want our own servers aswell. cause the population of holland + belgium is almost equal to the population of scandinavia .

All comes down to population numbers and money.