Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Dear heroic dungeon DPS

Seeing a lot of you doing less than 10k dps. I used to be in your boat, but now I'm pushing between 11-14k (not that that's exactly super) and topping the meters far too often to be the average player that I am. There are things you can do to increase your output. Plot out some macros for yourself. Punch those extra buttons when a power-up hits. Maximize your use of cooldowns. All those things could help increase what you're doing.

Of course, the players to whom I'm pleading to probably don't even read any forums, but one can hope this helps out a little.

For six years random wannabe elitists have complained about their dungeon groups as you are doing today. How you could possibly imagine that your "try harder" thread is in anyway going to "help out a little" as you state, is beyond me.

You're complaining, not helping out.

Deleted
    Heh, I highly doubt that this thread will "help out" even a little, but meh .. the OP is venting and it's good to vent.

He's not wrong about many heroic PuGgers being lazy though. I see ungemmed, unenchanted, unreforged IL346 on far too many people on the few occasions that I PuG. It's baffling; they're running heroics to get this gear so presumably they're interested in progressing their character but they can't spend a few paltry gold on some mediocre enchants/gems?

What's their plan, to PuG for months in crappy gear in order to save up VP for epics?

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    For six years random wannabe elitists have complained about their dungeon groups as you are doing today. How you could possibly imagine that your "try harder" thread is in anyway going to "help out a little" as you state, is beyond me.

You're complaining, not helping out.
    He, in no way, sounds like he's complaining. There's not one point where he complained about other players' dps. He's simply stating that he was once at a point of low DPS in heroics and stating some solutions to help out which helped him.

Sounds like a good man to me.

Yes, bitching and moaning at terrible DPS while offering absolutely nothing in terms of help is the perfect solution.

You suck, L2P, n00b, quit playing etc. Though not one of those words is used, that's exactly what this thread is. Another DPS sucks thread and not a single damned solution or offer to help in sight. All those "helpful" little things like popping CD's or maximizing your button mashing? Mean nothing when you just phrase it that way. It's the equivalent of healer use more heals or tank use more taunts. It's absolutely worthless.

Just like every single thread on how bad whatever the QQ about is. DPS isn't the only thing, this is just the latest in the endless line of DPS sucks but offer nothing to help threads.

Player clearly states his average performance, but yet carries elitist attitude, interesting......

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    He, in no way, sounds like he's complaining. There's not one point where he complained about other players' dps. He's simply stating that he was once at a point of low DPS in heroics and stating some solutions to help out which helped him.

Sounds like a good man to me.
    1. Your reading comprehension and ability to discern intents are severely lacking.
    2. Show me a single "solution" that you gained from this thread.
    3. Prove the OP is not simply saying "try harder" and/or "stop sucking".

It's one thing to come here and say "yo guys I just need to vent...my recent groups have been trash and I'm pissed cause I tryhard." It's another to disguise a QQ thread as helpful.
    Last edited by Sedative; 2011-02-18 at 06:16 PM.

Dear heroic dungeon dps, keep up the good work.

As pro dps, just let me say that I am sick and tired of the elitist attitude that has gripped the wow community. Everybody reaches the top at their own pace and style, if your not happy with the dps, maybe they are not happy with the heals or tanking. Get along and have fun is what this is all about. Just because you copy/pasted the same exact spec as some elite above you does not mean that everybody else wants to do that, although that's what happens anyway. When your primary mission is to inspect people and shoot holes in what they have, than maybe you should find a game that is commensurate with your IQ. You say that you are now pushing 11-14k dps which means at one time, you sucked. Some people just wanna collect mounts or something similar to that. I say fine, if that is the wow you love, than I wish you all the luck in the world getting that mount or pet. It's funny how people forget where they come from. At one time you were wearing gray gear and asked for a run through RFC.

Sigh... what makes the people who post here assume that those "bad" players even read these forums? I mean, seriously. If you are into the game enough to read forums and stuff about it, there's no way that you're THAT sucky at the game.

All you people need to learn the difference between elitist and wanting to improve. They are not the same thing. Wanting to perform a role better is not an elitist attitude.

calling out players not knowing the situation is elitist attitude. my druid pulls 8-9k - he's an alt and i rarely take him in. my hunter does 14-15k and is my main. heroics consist of a wide range of individuals some are just over the ilvl requirement, which means they most arent going to pull 10k regardless of what they do (unless they gem, enchant, etc but most skip that as it will be replaced in a short time frame). does that mean they suck? no. if you were decked out in heroic or raid gear and pulling sub 10k, yes please learn to play. actually i dont care, as long as we get through the dungeon without much trouble i dont care how much they pull or if they maximizing their gear or toon.

getting yourself all up in other people's business and assuming you know more than others, elitist.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Heh, I highly doubt that this thread will "help out" even a little, but meh .. the OP is venting and it's good to vent.

He's not wrong about many heroic PuGgers being lazy though. I see ungemmed, unenchanted, unreforged IL346 on far too many people on the few occasions that I PuG. It's baffling; they're running heroics to get this gear so presumably they're interested in progressing their character but they can't spend a few paltry gold on some mediocre enchants/gems?

What's their plan, to PuG for months in crappy gear in order to save up VP for epics?
    ^^^^ EXACTLY THIS!
    Myself (holy priest) and three guildies (boomkin over 10k Dps, a fury war and frost mage over 12k) got SFK as a random the other day. First PuG tank was a DK with no enchants or reforges, though he had gemmed.... pulled entire first landing and died then dropped group. The rest of us used CC and CDs to survive.
    Second PuG tank had several pieces of 346 iLev gear, but nothing gemmed, chanted or reforged. When we asked why, he said "Why should I bother when it's stuff I'm going to replace anyway?" Suuuure... you're replacing that 346 chest piece soon? So we booted him. We got a lesser geared tank after that, with some greens and barely enough iLev for heroics, and it went without a single wipe. he was intelligently gemmed, chanted, reforged, and explained to us that he hadn't done dungeon before, but followed every mark and instruction we gave and thanked us at the end. Good manners by all.

Point #1 is, this attitude extends beyond DPS. Do not tax your group by going to battle unprepared (this includes consumables like food and flasks! Stop hoarding gold and boost that DPS or healing or survivability, even with wrath stuff if you have to!)
    Point #2 is, good players are good and bad players are bad. Our PuG tank may have been undergeared for SFK, but he played his toon like a pro, utilizing all of his interrupts, word of glory heals (clutch on first boss) and damage mitigation CDs to a T.
    Point #3 is, though part of me thinks this OP serves little use (nor does my response, as it's all been said before), please use this forum to encourage fellow players to help these poor, sad souls. POLITELY suggest stuff to these players. Don't just boot outright. Give them a chance to go add that stuff if they are willing - you will help yourself and their future victims. Condescension is ALWAYS bad form.

EDIT: That crappy DK tank I mentioned at the beginning? I logged onto my rogue later in the evening and he popped up as my random tank in HoO (regular), where he was condescending to other players and arrogant, presumably because he was tank and figured people would not kick him. (sadly, he was right... it was late and I just wanted to get done). One could only imagine this attitude stemmed from being booted from several heroics before giving up and tanking a regular, where he took it out on the players there. trickle-down effect at work. Now, what would have happened if, instead of bailing after pulling that first trash mob in SFK, he stayed and took some advice from polite players who genuinely wanted to help?

EDIT; in response to the above poster calling others an elitist... that is overreaction. It is simply good form to enchant/gem/reforge your gear before attempting heroics, regardless of whether or not it is green. Not doing so is simply being cheap and/or lazy

I used to wonder at some heroic LFD dps. I did. It's hard for me to figure, sometimes, when the healer isn't lowest on the DPS charts, or the tank is 2nd. But then I got some perspective. Love is in the Air hit town, and these three alchemists popped up in SFK. Somebody asked me kindly to kill them, and offered a slight bounty. Since they seem like pretty disreputable alchemists, I agreed. And now I know what really awful DPS looks like. So to those 6k dps in my heroic dungeon pugs - keep on plugging away. At least you're trying. I think.

I dunno, I don't feel like i'm an elitist, but I had a fury warrior doing between 5 - 6K in a heroic last night. He also died to EVERY single boss in HoO that had any kind of AOE/don't stand in stuff mechanic. Even after I told him what to do. (aka, don't stand in the blue stuff, don't stand in quicksand, don't stand in black circles, run out for the fire boss etc) We didn't boot him until he started aggroing mobs on his own, and then asking why he died.

I healed my random heroic (VP) today with a PALLY tank and 2 ranged (moonkin and destro lock) all from the same server. The 2 dps spent the whole run bragging about their leet dps, the highest was 9K (destro lock) and they had the 15% luck of the draw buff. Their tank would only control the skull mob, they refused to CC at all and broke the rogue's saps/stunlocks etc. They then trash talked the rogue's 7K dps when we wiped on one of the large pulls.

I whispered the rogue to ignore them saying their dps was not all that anyway. And seeing as he was the only one stopping all the uncontrolled mobs from killing me, I wanted him to know that was more important than their leet numbers!. He whispered me back that 9k was the highest dps he had ever seen and he would rather be doing that.

So I think a lot of the low dps stems from players not knowing what numbers are reasonable, and also wanting to be the highest often to the detriment of their entire group

CAN I SAY SOMETHING REEL QUICK.
    pug lol, noob :---D

Retards.

I pug tank all day long. I don't give a shit what kind of dps people do as long as they don't cause a wipe. For those of you who claim you need 10k dps to do heroics....you're wrong. Does it make it easier? yes.

I've ran heroics where I was the top dps as the tank (i dunno like 5-7k ish) Cleared it no problem. Stop being DBags.

fatties

Quote Originally Posted by lokii View Post
    Player clearly states his average performance, but yet carries elitist attitude, interesting......
    Full of win