Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    Retards.

I pug tank all day long. I don't give a shit what kind of dps people do as long as they don't cause a wipe. For those of you who claim you need 10k dps to do heroics....you're wrong. Does it make it easier? yes.

I've ran heroics where I was the top dps as the tank (i dunno like 5-7k ish) Cleared it no problem. Stop being DBags.

fatties
    Really?

While I agree that all the dungeons, well maybe except a few bosses, are doable with really shit dps i.e 5k ish. Your point really drowned in your lame remarks "Retards" and "Fatties".

Srsly you just had to act like a 12 year old right? Cause it's really hard to make a point, without posting shit like that amirite?

Go away already, don't need your kind on the forums tbh......

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey bads, stop being bad.

Why'd you need a paragraph to explain a 5 word sentence?

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Madd77 View Post
    Retards.

I pug tank all day long. I don't give a shit what kind of dps people do as long as they don't cause a wipe. For those of you who claim you need 10k dps to do heroics....you're wrong. Does it make it easier? yes.

I've ran heroics where I was the top dps as the tank (i dunno like 5-7k ish) Cleared it no problem. Stop being DBags.

fatties
    I'd point out the irony in this post, but that would be like pointing out the sun in broad daylight.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Tanks whinge about DPS being slack - remember that the average DPS gets to do bugger all heroic runs for practice.

A DPS may have been running heroics as often as he can for 4 weeks, and this might be his second visit to HoO (or StoneCore).

Of course, the crappy tanks I kept getting had no such excuse.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    I'm god damn tired of constantly boosting baddies in half epic who can hardly do 5k and AFK all the time. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Welcome to the minority of responses in this thread kids. The majority here, those with common sense, understand the uselessness of "use your cooldowns and use macros for 10k dps lololol"

You may also want to read up on the forum code of conduct as it pertains to calling people trolls, you're likely to get a warning and/or ban.
    You know it's funny, I've gotten 1 infraction ever. I have called a lot of people trolls. As long as your post is constructive and isn't just a post for the sake of calling someone a troll you won't get in trouble. The rule is there to prevent people from posting things like, "TROLOLOOLOOLOLOL".

My 1 infraction is for calling someone a kid for no other reason than to patronize them. Wonder who else has done that...

EDIT: Notice I said 1, I learned my lesson, that was long ago.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2011-02-21 at 07:08 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post

My 1 infraction is for calling someone a kid for no other reason than to patronize them. Wonder who else has done that...
    The amount of fail is just amazing... it hurts so much.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by lokii View Post
    Player clearly states his average performance, but yet carries elitist attitude, interesting......
    That's so he can complain as uber, but if someone who knows him or plays with him sees the post - he can't be flamed.

"need higher post count!"

coolstorybro

another of this threads, when you start doing hcs whats you ilvl?(329) can you do 10k dps with 329 ilvl no you cant, now you have over 346ilvl then go fucking raid and stop complaining about ppl not being as good as you when you already outgear that content

Deleted
    Sorry, but I just had to lol while reading these replies. I lvled a tank on cata launch. When we hit the required Ilvl for HC's we didnt have epics, nor did every single piece had gem slots, nor were there top end enchants available, but we cleared them, even all the achies for the drake. Sure we died once or twice due to stupid fails or buggy mechanics. But we played a game, we had fun, we did it and know we know we did it LEET! To all the random pugger dps i met back then, GZ and Job well done.
    Last edited by mmoc4ecb4a4824; 2011-02-21 at 07:28 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    can you do 10k dps with 329 ilvl no you cant
    Depending on your class/spec and the boss fight you probably could. All pug complaint threads can be boiled down to one solution. If you don't like pug situations, run with guildies. Or you could just get so good that you can do all of the dps for the bads when you encounter them. With entry raid gear and 3LotD dps should be around 20k single target on bosses, which is enough to handle almost, if not all, heroic boss encounters even if the rest of your group's dps is drooling on themselves.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    If you put a demand on a gamer today you're elitist, no matter how nice you are about it.

Because of this, I've stopped being nice about it.

But on to the issue at hand: Whenever you join an heroic there's alot of mobs and bosses in there that need to die. In order for them to die you need to have enough outgoing DPS to make sure the healer can continue healing. If you queue as the special little person that you are, incapable of doing more than 7.5k DPS, then what would happen if everyone was on the same level of special? Oh yea, you'd be stuck.

There's a demand that the playerbase doesn't make up, if the DPS, HPS or TPS ain't high enough for the encounter at hand; SHIT SIMPLY WON'T DIE. Now granted, for each shit DPS that queues there tends to be one decent DPS meaning they land on an avarage RDPS that's "Barely passable". Being carried is not OK, nor is desired. This game is far too easy to understand if you spend more than 5minutes reading the talents and abilities (I promise no internet searching is required) which is why there's no reason to suck.

[EDIT] Oh yea, a good player got way more time for a nice life outside of this game, by comparison to the people that spend more than 60minutes in heroics.

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    another of this threads, when you start doing hcs whats you ilvl?(329) can you do 10k dps with 329 ilvl no you cant, now you have over 346ilvl then go fucking raid and stop complaining about ppl not being as good as you when you already outgear that content
    Just not true, granted it may be abit unreasonable to expect 10k from someone new to heroics, both in terms of gear and gaming experience, but 8-9k is not.
    Last edited by mmoc1256561eea; 2011-02-21 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    But on to the issue at hand: Whenever you join an heroic there's alot of mobs and bosses in there that need to die. In order for them to die you need to have enough outgoing DPS to make sure the healer can continue healing. If you queue as the special little person that you are, incapable of doing more than 7.5k DPS, then what would happen if everyone was on the same level of special? Oh yea, you'd be stuck.
    I... Would agree, if I hadn't easily completed dungeons with each member of the group pulling ~6k, including myself. Some classes really need the gear to start scaling up. 10k immediately after hitting 329 as a combat rogue? Good luck with that on anything other than something that you can gimmick through.

Guys, if you're so good that you don't want to consort with the sub-10k DPS riff-raff, join a guild and run with them. If you're as good as you purport, they should be more than happy to accomodate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    I... Would agree, if I hadn't easily completed dungeons with each member of the group pulling ~6k, including myself. Some classes really need the gear to start scaling up. 10k immediately after hitting 329 as a combat rogue? Good luck with that on anything other than something that you can gimmick through.

Guys, if you're so good that you don't want to consort with the sub-10k DPS riff-raff, join a guild and run with them. If you're as good as you purport, they should be more than happy to accomodate you.
    Easily? No, you got carried by someone without knowing it, in this scenario I'd imagine healer (yay for 3-4minute heroic bossfights).

When i started doing heroics on my rogues, in blue gear, i did between 8-12k dps, depending on fight, that was with enchants and gems, and reforging, and i don't really play much.

But if a person does 6-7k, BUT uses a lot of his utility spells/skills, then it's awesome, it is afterall a team game, so interrupting a spell, and losing 500 DPS is better than just going full out (most of the time)

I think in this threat some people are quoting their single target boss fight numbers (ussally their best numbers), and others are quoting their over all dps number. I have never seen a rogue in entry gear do over 10k dps in over all, but easily get above that on some boss fights. My hunter at 330 can get 14k on some fights but only does 9k over all.

But to be honest all of that means dick in the long run, too many times I have seen players with high dps fail at simple things, or tank who cannot out threat a high dps (and of course the dps wont slow down save the grp from wiping).

Deleted
    Every single person by now, unless u live in a closet, knows about elitist jerks. If you refuse to read that website to get better at your class then you dont deserve to play this game. If you are on a football team and you refuse to practice and watch film what happens...you are gone. This game should be no different. No one wants weak players slowing them down if they refuse to get better. The sad and pathetic thing is most of these people actually believe in their simple minds that they are playing well. If someone is so caught up in the illusion they are good when in fact they suck no amount of explaining will help them out. They will always think they are right and nothing except a suspension for being bad will change this. If you insist on being bad then play console games where your aura of fail cant affect anyone else.
    Wow, isn’t that a bit harsh? People play WoW because it is a game. And read the word “game” well, because that is the most important thing.
    Everybody that pays their monthly fee deserves to play their game like they want it too.

That being said , you are right about no one wanting weak people in their group.
    I can understand some real annoyance when you play with people that are just not doing what you want or what you expect:

* DPS that pull the whole instance and expect the tank to solve it.
    * DPS that stand in shit and blame a healer when they die.
    * tanks that cannot hold aggro and blame the DPS for it
    * DPS who don’t hold their breath a bit when faced with such a tank.
    * tanks that leave the instance after the first boss because it didn’t drop the loot they want, knowing they can get an instant requeue, while DPS has to wait 30 minutes.
    * people being rude without any reason.

I’ve had all these kinds of people in my group, and the only reason I vote kick is because people are rude, not because they are bad players.

I'm god damn tired of constantly boosting baddies in half epic who can hardly do 5k and AFK all the time. Really.
    If you are a good player, learn to accept that there are people out there that are not that good, and who don’t play their game like you want them too. If you have baddies in the run, then just give that little bit extra of yourself to get the job done. See it as a challenge to pull those people through. Or don’t PuG at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many bad posts in this thread. :<

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines