Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Yeah well, our moonkin is getting one already. Its between the fire mage and sp I want answers about
    You should really take it off the Boomkin and give it to the Fire Mage and Shadow Priest in that case. In every situation it is better to give it to a Shadow Priest of Fire Mage, as shown here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tent-The-Guide

The only way giving it to a Balance Druid is higher than a Shadow Priest or Fire Mage is in personal DPS gain to the Druid, and the difference between them is 9 DPS. So you have to decide if it's more important to give the Balance Druid 9 DPS more than the Mage and Priest would get, or more import to increase total raid DPS by 1k by giving it to the Shadow Priest.

For adds only ignoring single target DPS, gherkin is spot on as usual with Dark Intent matters
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-18 at 06:47 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I gave it to Fire mage before the add nerf, but after the nerf, Shadowpriest would be the better choice since the adds are way more easier to kill now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, a Shadow Priest gets more dps in on Blue/Red phases from DI so the overall dps increase is greater.

R.I.P. YARG

Make sure you cast corruption on 2+ targets after shadow flame to keep DI up on your buddy.
    Don't hellfire considered as a dot ? ( just like mind sear / mind flay )

Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    Don't hellfire considered as a dot ? ( just like mind sear / mind flay )
    Mind Flay is considered a DoT but Mind Sear is not, unfortunately. I believe most channelled AoE is not considered a DoT, more of a "pulse" of direct damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    No you are dumb. Spriest has best up time on solo targets... DI is based off of dot crits... There is no reason you should not be going in to the phase with a full stack on DI. All you need is a dot to crit every 10 seconds and you are fine.

Pick the best player/class for the fight an ignore changing. Even with a macro made, you are just wasting 2 global cooldowns for zero benefit.
    The entire fight is based on how well you do in the black phase, because the rest of the fight is pretty much trivial in comparison. Put it on your guild's highest DPS that is either an spriest, boomkin, or fire mage. DI depends a lot on the person who it is placed on being very good, and if your spriest is only mediocre, but your fire mage is amazing, it should be on the mage.

If your spriest doesn't suck though, it should definitely be on them as it is going to be an overall raid increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire does not proc DI but it is buffed by it.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    fwiw mindsear is considered a dot and should also be boosted by DI. If he's doing it right then I assume he is dotting each add and then MSing off the tank refreshing dots when needed, in this situation 100% of his damage to those swills is DoT damage. I would predict that in equal gear the damage done by both the mage and spriest is about equal on the adds without DI, so unless the mage is also using only 100% dots to damage the adds then the spriest would get the most benefit from DI

Quote Originally Posted by Jmickey View Post
    Boomkins. Nuff said.
    This. No contest.

Boomkins would be better for add damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Boomkins would be better for add damage.
    Newnoise posted a very detailed answer to this on the Shadow Priest forums, basically it would come down to playstyle. If the Shadow Priest was multidotting before Mind Searing then they would be very slightly ahead, but in general the Boomkin would edge them out if they don't properly manage their buffs and multidot properly or are too slow at target swapping to the tank to Mind Sear.
    So with average skill levels, Boomkin would win just for the Adds, but with a very skilled Shadow Priest they would just slightly come out on top.

Shadow priests can toss out DoTs on all of the targets as well. To be perfectly honest, it is 100% fine to give it to a fire mage during the add phases if you don't mind reapplying it later.

If I had a choice between a shadow priest and a fire mage, I'd just put it on the priest and forget about it, since high DPS is almost entirely irrelevant on heroic maloriak. Hell, last night we had to stop DPS after the second dark magic phase because the boss was already at 30%. We went through a red and a blue phase without touching the boss. So... don't put too much thought into who gets your DI.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I always put mine on our Spriest. If it's progression and heals are a problem, it goes on the Rdruid.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin