Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Engineering is quickly falling from grace. Between tinkers that are downright dangerous to raiding to minor things like this. Honestly, I really can't think of good reasons to give a toon this profession anymore. I am not going to drop it on the two toons that currently have it, but I will definatly be telling my friends to avoid it.
    While I agree about the tinkers failure rates making them useless, there are some good reasons to keep it. It is an easy epic pve and now pvp helm. Its a 359 helm that you can put whatever stat you feel like using on it. Also with 4.0.6, synapse springs is a very cheap and fantastic dps cooldown for any class now that they expanded it to add all primary stats. (str or agi now, instead of just int) The parachute is still handy for things. It sucks that blizzard thinks that the belt tinkers failing is part of the fun, because frankly they will NEVER be used in a raid or serious pvp by anyone with a brain. But the benefits outweigh this limitation.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    mmm I have 3 goggles, one for heals, one for ret, and one for tanking, you have a point, it isn't really hard to get orbs if you are able to do heroics. My real bitch would be that no matter how often I hope for a new goggle set next tier, it's never happened.
    So, I guess that means cogs won't be happening either......yah yah, I know, 'they HAVE to', mmmhmmm believe it when I see it.
    Well with the addition of cogwheels, one would have to assume there will be one of the following:

A) Multiple tier of goggles
    B) A way to add cogwheel sockets to gear
    C) A big FU from Blizzard

I am hoping for multiple tiers as we saw back in BC. I was a little upset during Wrath as well since there was only 1 set that was out dated after Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    Well with the addition of cogwheels, one would have to assume there will be one of the following:

A) Multiple tier of goggles
    B) A way to add cogwheel sockets to gear
    C) A big FU from Blizzard

I am hoping for multiple tiers as we saw back in BC. I was a little upset during Wrath as well since there was only 1 set that was out dated after Naxx.
    Being able to add cogwheel sockets to regular gear would make engineering unimaginably overpowered. I do agree on the need for new helms in each tier, however.

Remember that the cogwheels are designed to replace the missing stats that engineering helms have, so that you can make a custom-made helm with the stats you want on it, they are not meant to be extra stats that you wouldn't get otherwise.

At least you didn't level engineering in Vanilla.

Sole purpose was to make repair bots, which weren't easy to make -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Being able to add cogwheel sockets to regular gear would make engineering unimaginably overpowered. I do agree on the need for new helms in each tier, however.
    Or even just new Cogwheels modified to provide extra Stamina and Intellect/Strength/Agility as as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    hey at least eng crafted item is a BiS for just about every spec in game until heroic raiding.

but yeah its about the only thing eng is worth lol
    It's not BiS for Holy Paladins, the one from the Elemental Dudes in BoT is better. I can imagine it being worse than the Tier helm for a lot of classes that uses the 4 set bonus. Although, the helm requires you to kill Nefarian and actually get the head, so I guess it will last quite a will, though.

I'd like to see elemental clouds in Cata that allowes you to gather Volatile elements using an Engineering BoP item. That would be awesome, especially combined with mining, skinning or herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Did anyone else wanna rage quit engineering or was it just me?
    It's just you. I took it, to make getting my "Insane" title easier. I haven't had as much fun with any other profession before or since. When I couldn't see the title of your thread, I thought it said "... couldn't get any better! What on earth is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    At least you didn't level engineering in Vanilla.

Sole purpose was to make repair bots, which weren't easy to make -_-
    I leveled engineering in Vanilla. goblin jumper cables were boss. My trinkets on my warrior were goblin jumper cables and six demon bag. The best day ever was the day I targeted a mob and got polymorph off, the healer died during the trash so once the trash was clear I ressed him. Guild notes was locked in my guild but the next day they read 'most magical warrior ever'.

I switched to blacksmithing in BC. At the beginning of BC the only thing that eng was supplying was the gas cloud extractor and pre-raid bullets/arrows since the best arrows in the game came from the rep vendors (the arrows, not the recipe). Goggles and most the other stuff including the mount came much later and by the time they did come out I was invested in Blacksmithing. Some days I think I should swap back to eng (go blacksmithing/eng no way I can give up blacksmithing with some of the rare recipes I have). I notice this time round the goggles are really customisable. lets hope to many more tiers of goggles and not have them drop in ulduar as normal boss loot.

I will never let go of engineering.

Wormhole Generator
    Nitro Boosts
    Parachute
    Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan
    Ultrasafe Transporter: Toshley's Station
    Synapse Springs
    Jeeves
    MOLL-E
    Gnomish Army Knife

Sure, it hurt that they changed it so that mind control cap, nitro boosts, frag grenade and other stuff all went to the belt, but at least now you can have both the runspeed enchant AND nitro boosts.

You can NOT be seriously mad that you need to get a Chaos Orb in order to get a best in slot head.... WotLK kiddies everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    You can NOT be seriously mad that you need to get a Chaos Orb in order to get a best in slot head.... WotLK kiddies everywhere.
    TBC baby here tyvm, and I am just pointing out the nerfs....cwutididthere
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

TBC baby here tyvm, and I am just pointing out the nerfs....cwutididthere
    Might have been "born" in TBC but you act like WotLK. Calling something like that a nerf is absolutely absurd. It took me a whole 2 hours to get the head after I dinged on my first 85. Just because it's not as easy as it was in the previous expansions doesn't make it a nerf worth our breath.

Remember that the cogwheels are designed to replace the missing stats that engineering helms have, so that you can make a custom-made helm with the stats you want on it, they are not meant to be extra stats that you wouldn't get otherwise.
    Yes I totally understand that. If they did that then they would have to be less of the stat but then it would be like BS and JC in one. Make the socket and get the extra from the cogwheel. Believe me, this is not what i would like to see. i would honestly like to see more tiers added.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The biggest DPS gain cooldown in the game isn't worth it? It is activated meaning you can get more of a benefit from it than any other professions passive buffs.
    yeah ok the enchants are very worth it too...forgot bout those, my bad =\

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, if you could just add them to any piece of gear it would be way OP. However, that's not the point the guy was making. His point, which I think is a good one, is that it seems unlikely they would create the cogwheels and then just have them used only this tier and only with these helms. It is a good indication that there will be additional benefits in later tiers. It may be more helms that we can customize. It could be something like an engineering trinket that we can use cogwheels in, or other specific pieces of gear that would obviously be balanced around having those stats on them, much like the helm is now.

Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    If you think that hurts....don't ever re-level eng now on an alt...it's been streamlined so much, you will weep when you think back to the painful grind it was to lvl when you did.
    *blinks* ... go on ...
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound like farming mats for a goblin BBQ is like a week long adventure.... come on bro

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    It's not BiS for Holy Paladins, the one from the Elemental Dudes in BoT is better. I can imagine it being worse than the Tier helm for a lot of classes that uses the 4 set bonus. Although, the helm requires you to kill Nefarian and actually get the head, so I guess it will last quite a will, though.

I'd like to see elemental clouds in Cata that allowes you to gather Volatile elements using an Engineering BoP item. That would be awesome, especially combined with mining, skinning or herbalism.
    i did say "just about" not EVERY single one...plus id still even say it could be subjective on the helm your refering(http://www.wowhead.com/item=59509?) to or the gogs since it would just be more of a trade off of certian stats depending on what you use for the cogs, but the main diffeance being you can customize your gogs to what you want or need more

Yes, you are totally right. Engineering is so horrible you should drop it immediately.

That way Blizzard will buff it for the rest of us that actually enjoy the tradeskill.

Historically, engineering has always suffered at the start of an expansion and is buffed as the expansion goes on. We just got hit extra hard at the start of this one because everybody and their bank alt took it to get nitro boosts near the end of Wrath.

Engineering is fine now, and if the past is any indication, will be really nice by the end of Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

How can you whine about eng, srsly?

yeah just like in TBC and WOTLK....o wait.......didnt have to then. Just another nerf to this profession.
    You do realize everyone else needs orbs for their items, plus the old TBC patterns needed primal nether. So you're full of it.