Thread: Back to SV?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by scmeck View Post
    1. Hunters did not have focus in 3.2-4.0
    2. Hunters did not use AS in their rotation until cataclysm (as MM)
    Hate to burst your bubble, but 4.0 came out over a month before Cataclysm did. With 4.0 hunters did have focus in Wrath of the Lich King and MM hunters used Arcane Shot as the focus dump. This was the case until after Cata hit and SV with Cobra Shot made MM look like Wrath Subtlety Rogues. So, yes, MM did use Arcane as a focus dump from 4.0 release until Cata release at which point no one that cared about doing reasonable damage stuck with MM.

Back on topic, BM will continue to be a horrible spec to play on most fights in Tier 11 specifically because of target switching, adds, or bosses that can't be hit with a pet during certain parts of the encounter. BM still has the worst AoE and a target switch means you lose pet dps until it reaches the other target. BM would still be a situational spec at best. Although, at this point it looks like they're making all 3 specs into situational specs which is starting to make me feel like I'm playing my druid again. Dual spec isn't enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsy View Post
    Not sure about all this "BM is new top spec" business tbh...

High numbers in BM (like any spec) is situational - I haz to target switching - oh, c**p! lulz.

Anyhoo, Frostheim reckons SV will be back on top for the time being (mkay).

In the meantime I'd like reliable data on what the newly valued "One With Nature" means to both MM & SV spec's - where should I be putting my last 10pts exactly?
    MM didn't get nerfed that much honestly. The hawk change nearly overrides it and buffs the other two specs, BM more so. BM is already above SV on charts.

Thanks Redsun...

I think I'll be staying MM for the moment, though as I said I'll definitely be watching the forums and researching where those 10pts are best placed - currently it's focussed into SV to get CA onboard but the "One With Nature" thing could well change that ofc.

As long as the DPS loss at high gear levels is not too significant I'll certainly be staying clear of BM (I'm pretty much top-to-toe Epic now and about to get into the Heroic raids, "gimme my wrists Chimaeron u *******!") - I'm practiced enough with MM & SV to switch between them whatever but BM feels so alien to me now (not really used it since levelling).
    Last edited by Joolsy; 2011-02-21 at 04:33 PM.

Also, the 2k AP buff counts to all attacks, not just aimed shot, so you'll be seeing a fairly large damage increase in hunters across the board. (just slightly less in MM)

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    BM is now the best (single target) dps spec for hunters!
    hah no it is not
    you are so wrong its unbelievable

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 02:22 PM ----------

I think MM will still be top, followed by SV and then BM.
    In my opinion Frostheim isnt a valuable source. He does a lot of number crunching etc for standing still NOT moving in fights etc
    Also the guy is a terrible PVE player. He has little to none raiding experience, his gear is bad, etc etc.
    Why would I take tips on how to play from a Hunter in blues thats 1/12?