The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto Shaman Maloriak POV Kill

Hey guys me again just going to post another vid of us killing a boss. Tips appreciated on whatever. Watch in HD tell your friends!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSdGgs6ZheU
    You might want to turn down your volume a bit it sounds kinda loud imo.

Your UI scares me.

Got scared when the pally tank got so low. :P

Just a tip, you can have your lightning interrupter interrupt the lighting before it even does any dmg. Pretty much as soon as the graphic appears, he can be interrupted and allow you guys to completely negate that damage. Other than that, pretty good kill. Was the release of 12 aberrations intentional or....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was on accident lol. our interrupter messed up and yea we just happened to get lucky on that one.

Deleted
    If I were you I'd change it so not all the heals show up, that can get pretty distracting.
    Try changing it so it only shows your heals above 10k, or only your crits...
    you will get a more cleaner screen that way.

You use healing surge way to much instead of just doing riptide and combine it with GHW.. less mana loss per health and almost the same cast time.

I could also see that for a couple of time you had your riptide rdy for like 15+ seconds. <-- That's bad

Why ain't you doing maloriak the easy way btw? We have always taking EVERY single add at first green (No interupts) just get the tank to kite them around the room and in green phase pew pew and then everyone can focus on boss for second green phase.

And ye, wierd UI
    No cooldown counters or anything.

Btw, what was your HPS on the fight?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think i was second on hps for that fight around 9k or something. yea ive been working on my ui lately btw. also the reason my riptide was on cd for such a long time was probably because no one needed heals and it was probably already on people that needed health.

Then pop it on a tank as a HOT, to not cast it is a waste :P

Use Unleashed Weapons and GHW more and you should really try to keep Riptide on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the video and random achievement!

But heres a few tips for the actual content
    True HD: Your HD was killing my eyes! haha
    Try this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHu-vb_uVb0
    it'll look something like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1tZ_n5SiU

Other then that music was good
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

For about 50% of the video, I thought you were running 3 tanks. Then I realized your Fury Warrior really needs to step up his game. I hope its an off-specc or something, because seriously, that fight is a joke on melee.

I haven't really healed raids since WotLK (except for Halfus and Valiona/Theralion) so I won't try and give any tips, other than your UI needs work. I think any kind of scrolling combat text addon is a bunch of fluff. No one actually watches the numbers roll by, as they're just too fast and you should be busy watching yourself, the environment, and health bars, over how much you just healed someone by. The only thing I have combat text is for Notifications and to watch for any incoming damage on myself.
    Last edited by PaintOnASign; 2011-02-20 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoccE View Post

Why ain't you doing maloriak the easy way btw? We have always taking EVERY single add at first green (No interupts) just get the tank to kite them around the room and in green phase pew pew and then everyone can focus on boss for second green phase.
    could u explain this further? we are failing 2 nights on him already with letting the first tru and then get 9 adds before green phase.
    so we as guild very intersted about this way.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Houbski View Post
    could u explain this further? we are failing 2 nights on him already with letting the first tru and then get 9 adds before green phase.
    so we as guild very intersted about this way.

Thanks,
    The idea behind this is to have the tank pick up all the adds, no interrupting, and kite them around the room so he avoids getting hit, blowing defensive cooldowns if need be (tank and healers), as he's gonna get hit like a truck with so many of them running around. Personally, I don't see how its the "easy way", its pretty easy doing 9 adds each green phase, and frankly, there's less chance of screwing up. We usually do 9 each phase, or 12 first, and 6 2nd phase, we play it by ear. Also, it could be very dependent on what your raid comp is. I'd imagine its very hard for a tank to kite more than 9 adds without help from a Shaman/Mage/Hunter/etc.

Deleted
    I really don't understand how taking more than 12 adds is easy unless it's 25 man. We do 9 per phase unless the interrupter fails when it'll be 12 first and 6 second. In 25 man you can have one tank per side so picking up the adds is trivial and in 25 man you definately should have enough utility to kite them for a looong time.

In 10 man you'll have utility to kite them for ages. Even I alone as warrior have tons of utility for that. The thing is that with just one tank for the adds picking them up isn't as trivial, especially when you have a big pile of adds following you and limiting your movement since you probably don't have that many things that actually immobilize the adds for a long time (Hungering Cold, Circle of Frost and glyphed AoE fears from priests or warriors). Even 3 classes with those is just 24 seconds.

And yeah, really, Maloriak is a really simple and easy fight with 9 adds per phase, I don't see how it matters if some tactic is easier unless it completely trivializes something.

Hmm, probably shouldn't comment on this, as it's been quite some time since I did raids of that standard, but people that heal the way you do just pisses me off :P I'm not gonna say it's not functional or anything (as it clearly is), but you're really doing yourself a dis-service if you plan on doing heroic raids at some point. The constant spamming of unnecessary spells, and the reluctance to actually heal up quickly just... well I think you get the point =)

Just think about this, people do the exact same encounters but they're forced to pull 10k+ hps and it still works out fine. Sure, there's a gear-factor in there, but it's far from enough to cover the distance. Don't want you to take this as a flame or anything, just want you to know that if you try you'll find easier and better ways to do it.