Thread: Movement

Movement

I recently started raiding again. I usually pull 10k-13k dps on the boss fights. Most fights require some sort of movement, and with my shadow priest i've realized that on fights with heavy movement my dps drops drastically from being unable to mind flay to keep up the empowered shadows effect. I was wondering what all of you do to keep up your dps/dmg when you have heavy movement phases.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should specify which bosses you're having trouble with so we can see whether you and your raid might be doing something wrong. I can't think of any "heavy movement phase" bosses right now and I've cleared 12/12 normal.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

If you have no choice but to move, make sure SW:P doesn't drop, use SW when available and spam DP.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is spamming DP really a viable option? I imagine that would be a massive waste of mana.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Is spamming DP really a viable option? I imagine that would be a massive waste of mana.
    It works for me. SW helps with mana, as does using SF when a healer uses HoH. Like you said there are very few fights where you need to be moving constantly, so much so that it impacts seriously on DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    It works for me. SW helps with mana, as does using SF when a healer uses HoH. Like you said there are very few fights where you need to be moving constantly, so much so that it impacts seriously on DPS.
    I am not a priest, and this is off topic, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how SW is Shadow word smiley face

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can afford the mana cost, spamming Devouring Plague is the best thing you can do while moving (assuming you HAVE to move). This does have a high mana cost, however, it can be quite manageable as your average ilevel increases. The DPET of Shadow Word: Death while moving is quite small compared to even just the initial nuke through Improved Devouring Plague.

As always, take the above statement with a grain of salt. An OOM Shadow Priest will do less DPS than someone not spamming Devouring Plague. It is up to the player to manage their positioning and mana effectively for this strategy to be considered a DPS gain.

Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #74 US
    www.yetanotherraidingguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Imp DP is higher DPeT than MF and with the current DoT mechanics when you refresh a dot you don't clip any ticks. The only possible issue is that you may overwrite an existing DP that has temp buffs applied to it with a DP without any buffs... if you can't notice when that may occur don't worry about it, you are generally better to use GCDs dealing damage than not.