Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    "Recruiting RDPS Hybrids" = "Recruiting a Boomkin or Ele Shaman, but you're going to be healing 99% of the time"

That's not *always* true. I actually had to try and recruit some DPS with heals offspecs just in case. They only heal about 10% of the time. Course that's 25..not 10..

I love you. Plain and simple. I didn't know more people felt the same way every time I see these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Someone's bitter about their string of bad guilds...here's what any decent guild's actually means:

"Recruiting RDPS Hybrids" = "Recruiting a Boomkin or Ele Shaman, you'll be healing on fights where we need a 6th healer."

"Recruiting Exceptional Players" = "If you're better than our current players, we'll give you a shot to try and prove it."

"We raid X nights a week, Y - Z server time." = "If you don't show up consistently on these nights, we'll boot you."

"Looking to round out our core." = "We like to keep 20-22 core raiders with a guaranteed spot, and that number is a bit lower than we would like, so if you're applying chances are good of you getting said spot."

"Looking for raiders who show up CONSISTENTLY!" = "If you skip more than 2 weeks without giving a reason, we'll boot you."

"We are 6/12." = "We're bad. We're actually talking about ICC still. Damn you, Putricide." (LOL, not arguing here, even the bads should have everything but end-bosses by now.)

"Looking for people who don't stand in fire." = "If your WoL shows you standing in fire, please don't bother making me waste my time moving your app to the denied folder."

"We use a loot council to ensure optimal loot distribution." = "No, we're not letting you free roll on you everything you want."

Quote Originally Posted by zyano View Post
    this definitely made me lol. I guess in some cases it might be true. I always hated the idea of loot council because things like this could happen
    "could" is an understatement there they do happen everytime with that kind of system ^^
    Was a good laugh though - too much truth in all of them

Deleted
    Bahahaha, 2 weeks to get booted! xD
    Be honest, 3 days at most. Probably at day 1 even.

Deleted
    Gratitude for a funny post. My current guild that I've been in for 1 month or so is also running around with that council loot system. I guess that could mess up things but from my POV it has worked fine in our guild. Maybe because we are all from same country and majority of players are grown ups so people are fair and mature.

These are pretty funny but not really true (at least not all of them) in most cases:P

15+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to add:

"Looking for <X/Y> to fill out our 25-man roster. Currenly <unimpressive progression in 10-man content or mysteriously not listed at all> 10-man 1/12 25-man"

Which basically means, they can do normal modes but their guild leaders have no idea how to organize 15 extra people and they can't get more than Halfus and maybe Magmaw; Mainly, because they haphazardly threw two mediocre 10-man teams together full of people who applied and flashed their Bane title they got between 3 to 10 days ago in a trade pug while laying as a corpse in a Shadowtrap, and a Rusted Protodrake achievement still missing 1-light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recruiting mellee dps = We need a interupter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    full of people who applied and flashed their Bane title they got between 3 to 10 days ago in a trade pug while laying as a corpse in a Shadowtrap, and a Rusted Protodrake achievement still missing 1-light.
    this made me lold out loud. pretty true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Recruiting mellee dps = We need a interupter
    In current content, a few good interrupters are pure win. *<3 to our rogues and our exceptional enhancer who manages to do awesome dps while never missing his interrupts <3<3<3*

"We are in need for all professions" = because out of our 15 JC's, no-one wants to drop profs.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    "We are in need for all professions" = because out of our 15 JC's, no-one wants to drop profs.
    And none of the JCs have cuts besides STR AGI and INT. Maybe ONE caster has the Reckless cut. Everyone else is stockpiling for epic cuts.

"<Guild Name> is now recruiting all classes. We are a fun, social guild with people who love to help! We have a tabard and 6 tabs."

We are only recruiting you to get our guild level up. We may help you once or twice, but anything past that and you are being needy. We don't have any noteworthy raid progression, so please be distracted by our fancy guild tabard and large gbank you will have no access to.

All of those are so true, but I'm going to have to disagree with the Loot Council one. My guild did loot council back in Wrath and there was not a single incident where an officer got a piece of loot first simply because they were an officer. I saw plenty of incidents where regular members that just performed well and had great attendance got the piece of loot first.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Social raiding Guild" = "We raid more than the hardest of the hardcore, but we just can't kill anything"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    "Whisper an officer ingame or go to our website for more info" = "Go to our website or be redirected by an officer to our website"
    Haha yeah, exactly this is what I do
    And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!

We easily gear up players --------- by farming BoT trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    "Social raiding Guild" = "We raid more than the hardest of the hardcore, but we just can't kill anything"
    I don't spam trade for members, but I'd use the word social if I had to and we've downed 9/12 (not much to brag about, but it's something!) with 2 x 3h per week raid time with a couple of the raids being cancelled once in a while due to people having better things to do.

But yeah, for some guilds your point does hold true.