Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Palehoof's quit post on WoW General Forum

I don't know what to say. Wow.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2112092638
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-21 at 06:44 AM.

Including a link wouldn't hurt..

Deleted
    Ok? And we care, why again?

Deleted
    This is MMO-champion, people have short attention spans. inb4 "LINK!!!!!!" for the next 5 pages even when OP has one.

OT: A quit post is still a quit post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2112092638

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2112092638

My money is on it being his wife.

Edit: The post was locked and I sure will be deleted, so here it is, quoted.

I really like that phrasing. And it is apt for this post. This will be my last post, as my internet obsessions have really been Beyond The Pale of all conduct:

I would like to thank the internet for the endless supply of naive young women I can chat with and have phone sex with--and other good stuff. Sometimes they sent me their underwear in mail at my office.
    I played computer games at work, called and emailed my girlfriends, and got fired last year. But I did get away with it for about 7 years, all while professing my undying love for my long-term girlfriend, then fiance, and now wife. Cowards are cheaters and I am both of those things in my personal life. I did not have the courage to man up and let Mrs Hoof see the choice she was making to marry me. Before and after we married, I carried on all sorts of emotional secret relationships she did not know about. If I had bothered to be honest, she never would have married me, and would not have to be a part of the world I have created for myself. As it happens, I have destroyed the only thing of real importance to me and I will be rewarded with this public outing and a very sad and lonely existence henceforth.
    Of course, you all worship me for my RP chops, and I playact at home and away. I am a practiced liar, and no one can doubt my sincerity if I should have it so. I loved being King of all the internet losers and freaks while it lasted, but if I'm going to work things out with my wife, this is the beginning of my public humiliation. Please help me by making this a popular post as long as it stays up.
    Oh, yes--a special shout out to one of the easy ladies, -removed- (aka -removed-, from -removed---another fine RPG). She too is married, and her husband needs to know about this too I think, poor -removed-, the cuckold. Last November she offered to send me another "Christmas Card full of love?", and I responded:
    "November 15, 2010 at 12:19am-- Oh, I don't know if that'd be right. I no longer take mail at the one address you had for me, and I shouldn't be receiving packages like that anymore, no matter how wicked a fellow I may be!
    I hope things are going well for you and yours, though? Your message reminded me it's been too long since we corresponded. Let us rectify that shortcoming posthaste!"

-removed-, I was not being honest, as usual. I no longer take mail at the one address you had for me because I go fired last July and was unemployed in November. I am a 37-year old married man with gray hair and an unremarkable physique, and I need to grow up and stop pretending I can be 2 or even 3 other people at the same time. I also need to stop having "friendships" with every young woman who allows it and pretending that I don't open up to any woman who will have me. I am not so closed and mysterious as long as you are a female under 30, but preferably under 25. I hope all of you can use this cautionary tale of the great crash and public burning of Palehoof. I really thought I was famous, stroking my ego (and my "magic rooster") to the max. I had a great turn on the Blizzard stage, and I am sorry I am not the person I make myself out to be--well, sorry that I've been caught. To that end, RP is real. Everything that goes on is taking place in the real world. You can't carry on fake married and pop-up chat erotic talk without affecting reality. In closing, here is a last taste of my prose, my oh so precious turn of phrase, and a perfect example of how to keep something going with the ladies:

"Well. I answered my question. She's still out there. And I'm really glad that you are. I'm gladder still that you're happy. I hope that you always are. And I hope you always feel free to reach out? Just for a moment. We already travelled so much ground, Holly. There's no need to re-travel it. But thank you, for everything. What I know of people, I learned from preying on them. What I know of love, I learned from you. And the one is so much more worthy of the knowing."

...and so forth
    Palehoof
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-21 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    Just 1 word for that guy.

Attentionwhore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Obviously a pathological liar.
    If you're so proud of RP abilities, go write a novel. At least then you'll have something substantial to show for it, at the end, other than hastily (poorly) written "high English" chatlogs where people stumble over explaining what is going on around them (ie, game mechanics) in an attempt not to break the fourth wall (interspersed with necessary, and completely non-interruptive, OCC posts).
    I never saw the bad in breaking the 4th wall one of my favorite super heros well kinda anti hero I guess breaks the 4th wall all the damn time and its hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this. This guys a pervert.

I would like to thank the internet for the endless supply of naive young women I can chat with and have phone sex with--and other good stuff. Sometimes they sent me their underwear in mail at my office.
    I stopped reading here
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    This topic has been deleted.
    Click here to return to the forums.

What a pathetic man.

as I was going through the pages and clicked page3, "This thread is deleted" He sounds like a lonely fat guy where his guild mates sends him stuff in the mail and "secret" love notes just to mess with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Who was this guy?

ehm what did I just read :S

Deleted
    It's likely his wife who posted this. And it's beautiful.

if you don't know who Palehoof is, he has been an MVP since the program has been introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was boring... anything interesting happening today?
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice post, but as someone said sounds like his jilted wife.

Anyway, this is a more common problem than you think - the nature of the Internet allowing a certain amount of escapism to add laye upon of layer of your existence to the point where things go pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    That was boring... anything interesting happening today?
    My thoughts exactly. I expected something impressive to read, not some sad middle aged man whom I've never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I expected something impressive to read, not some sad middle aged man whom I've never heard of.
    You click on a thread that has someone's name you've never heard of and expected a mindblowing read about someone you've heard of?
    Pure genius.

Good thing (i think) someone quoted it before Blizzard deleted it. Don't let this thread get out of hand.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-02-20 at 03:25 PM.