Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Tol'vir solving (bad) luck? Looking for numbers!

I'm at 3 rares into Tol'vir and am in the middle (or hopefully the end!) of a string of bad luck here. Between that and how much time it takes to dig up any significant amount of Tol'vir sites, it has got me thinking: taking the entirety of my Tol'vir solving into account, am I really having bad luck? For almost everything except Archaeology, Wowhead has drop rates and such and you can easily figure it out... but Archaeology remains a mystery!

So... I've done 51 commons in Tol'vir so far and have the Ring, Staff, and Scarab Pendant thing. 6 of these commons were Canopic Jars - no Vial of the Sands recipe yet in those 6.

How does this compare to you guys? I don't care if you've only done 10 commons or 250... post your numbers! Number of commons solved and which rares you have. Alchemists also please include number of Canopics until you got Vial of the Sands recipe if you can. Wowhead claims 4% drop rate on these, and I'm assuming it's lumping in all the non-Alchemists with that, so the drop rate has to be pretty decently higher... I just have no idea what the % actually is hopefully getting a bunch of numbers can shed some light on it.

Must find ways to keep interested in Tol'vir... the patch was nice for upping the dig sites to make them a little less frustrating for people who have completed NE and either have completed or can't use Zin'rokh, but it's still pretty painful. A streak of 1000 fragments for nothing but commons makes me wonder just how many hours I should expect to finish Tol'vir. 1000 fragments is a whole lot of hours for Tol'vir. Seeing all my guildies starting to get Professor title when I've stuck myself in Kalimdor til finishing (or nearly? Don't care too much about the Scimitar and could pass if I get pet and mount first) has left me far, far behind!

I have 50 commons and 2 rares. The rares was the ring and the scarab pendant

i'm at 59 tol'vir commons 2 rares (ring, scarab pendant)

5 canopic jars (the lowest of all commons) no recipe

so i would say you're not alone in your "tol'vir arch luck"

27 solves, 2 rares - boy emperor ring and scarab pendant.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

13 solves, 2 rares. Scarab Pendant was my second solve, and Boy Emperor Ring was my thirteenth. Haven't spent much time digging on Kalimdor since.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

29 solves, I've got the ring, the ultramarine qiraji battle mount, the pendant of the scarab storm, and then I also got the vial of sands recipe in the only canopic jar I've seen at around 10 solves.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-02-20 at 10:48 PM.

I don't know my current number, but since I got my Vial recipe, I didn't encounter any new rares. But I admit that I switched to other continents, so I didn't actively pursue the Tol'Vir rares anymore. Switching back to it now, though, since I got just about everything else (just need the Dwarf Staff, Yoggy's box and 3 Tol'Vir rares to be done completely).

Anyway, as for my numbers: 67 Tol'Vir solves completed when I got the Vial recipe, from jar no. 14. Besides the Sandstone Drake, I of course also have the Ring of the Boy Emperor, as well as the Scarab Necklace (those two seem pretty common), and somewhere around the 62nd or 63rd solve, I got the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank. Still looking for the Staff of Ammunae ...

Deleted
    Im farming tolvir for a pretty long time now. Havent seen a rar since my 21 solve and im on freaking 112 solves and counting...Just got the ring and the pendant in the begining, thats all. Just bad luck i guess. fml.
    Only more or less usefull item is the doll, zin didnt show up and i got 19/20 rars.

Like most I have the ring and pendant and I am at 94 solves.

19/20 for Prof and still no NE trinket or recipe. Fun fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope people realize the recipe is 100% for alchemist and 0% for non-alchemist's, considering the pattern is BoP... I hope people READ this.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

Quote Originally Posted by PreventerWind View Post
    I hope people realize the recipe is 100% for alchemist and 0% for non-alchemist's, considering the pattern is BoP... I hope people READ this.
    thats wrong...
    ...it just is lol

That's not true actually, my first Tol'vir item was a Canopic Jar and even though I had maxed alchemy, the jar did not contain the recipe.

That's funny. 525 Alchemy, 525 Archeology and I open a canopic jar and get nothing but guts.

Moron......

this is incorrect. 5 canopic jars and no recipe for an alchemist. before and after the last patch.

im super lucky with archaeology, except when im trying to get the NElf trinket

i have the scarab pendant, MOUNT, ring, and the vial of the sands recipe with only 21 commons

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    24 Commons, 4 Rares (Ring, Pet, Scarab Pendant, Mount)

Like others said, this is not true. I had 525 Alchemy when I started on Tol'Vir digsites. I needed to open 14 jars to get the recipe.

61 solves including rare Ring, Staff, Scimitar, Scarabs and Mount. Of the 8 jars I solved, each has contained organs not the Alch recipe.

Deleted
    i dont get it how insanley lucky some guys are...:/