Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Probably wrong, but it just seemed to me the way it was worded, it didn't include something like "Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85 instead of 637 attack power."
    They could have made it clearer yes, but if they did that everytime someone said "oh it could mean something else", then patch notes would be twice as long as they normally are. Hell they might even start including a link to Dictionary.com. (If this sounds aggressive its not meant to, im just tired and easily agitated atm, apologies in advance).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    They could have made it clearer yes, but if they did that everytime someone said "oh it could mean something else", then patch notes would be twice as long as they normally are. Hell they might even start including a link to Dictionary.com. (If this sounds aggressive its not meant to, im just tired and easily agitated atm, apologies in advance).
    It's no problem lol, it's just that they actually do that sometimes, which is why it confused me. - "So and so now provides X of Y (instead of Z of Y)."

Deleted
    Ya I know what you mean. They say one thing then do something entirely different and blame it on bad phrasing. But if i was a betting man, i'd say they did mean additional. There has been alot of debate about those notes, mostly people debating whether it was actually meant to be 2000 or it was a typo and meant to be only 200.

The fact they announced that these changes aren't live probably means they are watching all the discussions about this latest hotfix so if there were any other typos, i reckon they would have been fixed by now.

Deleted
    Cool, thanks for the math.

I just hate that we have aspect of the hawk and hunter's mark anyways as +AP abilities. I wish we had something that would scale better with each tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asciiguy View Post
    I just hate that we have aspect of the hawk and hunter's mark anyways as +AP abilities. I wish we had something that would scale better with each tier.
    There is. Most attacks scale Off weapon damage with little RaP contribution. Take AS for example.

Arcane Shot Level 85
    25 Focus 40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    An instant shot that causes 100% weapon damage plus (RAP * 0.0483)+289 as Arcane damage.

The majority of this shots damage contribution is from Weapon damage. It recieves just less than 5% of your RaP. I believe steady/cobra shot is in the same boat and maybe afew other attacks.

Edit: Should Also add Trueshot aura to the list of abilities to scale with tiers and gear. Along with the passives for each tree (Animal Handler, Artisan Quiver and Into the Wilderness). There is plenty that scales with gear.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-02-21 at 03:15 AM.

Deleted
    Hawk and Hunter's mark *DO* scale with gear.
    Get more haste or crit or hit and the dps you get from them increases as well.

Also, the majority of shot contribution *IS* from ap as ap increases weapon damage. Look at your base weapon dps and then look at the modified ranged dps on your character sheet. Not to mention a part of your dps (serpent sting, for instance) completely ignores weapon damage.

For instance, Chimera shot gets about a 1damage per 1ap at my current level (74), probably a good deal more at 85. 1 weapon damage would increase that by a similar amount and 1damage is a lot more expensive than 1ap as far as gear budget goes.
    Last edited by mmoc4b41585514; 2011-02-21 at 05:16 AM.

Read the hotfix patch notes please. And so you dont need to go through the effort of going to the front page, here is what they said.

- Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85.

I bolded the important part.
    Not additional to the 637 or so it gives us now.. It's additional attackpower to what we have at 85.. The way the hawk works now is that we get an additional 637 AP when we use hawk..

EDIT seems half of us are on the 2000 flat, and the other half is 2000+ what we have now. I don't think Blizzard is going to give us 2000 attack power on top of the 637 because talented that would be coming close to 3500ap just for AOTH. I can't see blizzard giving us something that good. You know what another 2100 or so AP will do to Arcane Shot, and Chimera Shot ect ect ect? It will be worth a lot more than the measley 7-9% we will lose on AiS.
    Last edited by pyropete; 2011-02-21 at 09:38 AM.

While the OP is right on the money with a tier 1 bow, will it still be a buff with tier 2?

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Expect nerfs if this becomes viable tactics.

The best posibility is that they'll increase cooldowns on it or add kind of penalty for switching.
    its already viable. Only downside is that sometimes you might delay your steady shot...
    And no there wont be any penalty for it, blizz will just see how much they screwed up hunter balancing.
    They dont want us to aspect dance in pvp but this is exactly what is already happening so yeah, they have to either merge aspects again or change hawk so its giving something else than raw ap. Something that aint so desireable for pvp as it would be for pve. Then buff hunter dmg by fair margin to offset loss of over 3k ap (2.6k+30% from OwN)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    . Then buff hunter dmg by fair margin to offset loss of over 3k ap (2.6k+30% from OwN)
    But it gets even higher with TSA or BM spec (25% additional AP)

Effectively, if you are a BM with a Blood DK, Enh Sham or a MM hunter you can get 4713AP with just Hawk. (if it truly is additional to what we already get ie. 2637AP)
    It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

"you are the offspring of some deformed idiot savant super-villain who an unfortunate belief in the pull-out method"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Focault View Post
    What bracket of arenas are you in that you are sitting for any time at all in aspect of the hawk?

Going to put this one down as trolling.
    It's called aspect dancing. IF you're not doing it in arena's then you are quite bad... even I do it, and imma 1500 hero.

I fail to see how this could mean "AotH now gives 2000 AP". It clearly says it will give you an "additional" 2000 AP (around that anyway). Now I don't know about you, but if im told im going to recieve an "additional" £200 payout in this months salary, I don't think im going to think they are telling me "your only getting paid £200 this month".
    Aspect of the Hawk currently provides an additional 637 attack power that you do not have if the aspect is not on. Therefore you can read this as either the additional is "in addition to what it already provides" or as "in addition to what the player has without the aspect at all". There is certainly room for interpretation here and it is not black and white as to what "additional" means without proper context.

When I read this I think it's an additional 2000 attack power on top of what the player has without the aspect turned on. I'd love it if the way I am interpreting this is wrong, but you can't just assume it means the one that you want it to mean when there is clearly a way for it to mean something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman835 View Post
    Unless I'm severely making the macro wrong just copy past from

/cast !Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aimed Shot

This macro seems to take a long time to trigger for the Aimed Shot! buff from MMM
    Should be

/cast Aimed Shot!

The insta has a different name

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 04:38 PM ----------

I fail to see how this could mean "AotH now gives 2000 AP". It clearly says it will give you an "additional" 2000 AP (around that anyway). Now I don't know about you, but if im told im going to recieve an "additional" £200 payout in this months salary, I don't think im going to think they are telling me "your only getting paid £200 this month".
    Yeah but also Aimed Shot cast time will be 2.4secs, when it was 2.9.... they don't always seem to know whats live.

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Aspect of the Hawk currently provides an additional 637 attack power that you do not have if the aspect is not on. Therefore you can read this as either the additional is "in addition to what it already provides" or as "in addition to what the player has without the aspect at all". There is certainly room for interpretation here and it is not black and white as to what "additional" means without proper context.

When I read this I think it's an additional 2000 attack power on top of what the player has without the aspect turned on. I'd love it if the way I am interpreting this is wrong, but you can't just assume it means the one that you want it to mean when there is clearly a way for it to mean something else.

I didn't read it this way when I first read it, but now seeing it like this leads me to believe that this is what is intended. Either way, its a buff for BM and SV as well, out of which BM needed buffs. I think 24k in a 25man is about what they are shooting for.. if you look at the 2 week snapshot to stuff like BH, seems like most dps are around that point, except for MM hunters which are 25k+. BH leaves out any crazy AOE mechanics or anything too nutso with dmg buffs.

Course when you add in AOE, I'm sure the other classes go nutso.

Deleted
    Ok I guess I'll post in here again.

Currently Aspect of the Hawk reads :

Aspect of the Hawk Level 85
    Instant 1 sec cooldown
    The hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 637. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Now Blizzards patch notes say:

- Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85.

Now to me, that says "we're making AotH give you 2000 more AP than it currently does". Especially since the spell doesn't use the word "additional" but rather "increasing ranged attack power". Looking over at all the thoery crafters, they are under the same assumption that it is in fact an extra 2000 ap on top of it's already existing bonus. If im wrong, when this goes live on tuesday/wednesday i'll come on here and make an apology thread.

Edit: I guess my point here is that if they meant it will give a flat 2000 Ap, then they could have said "AotH now Gives around 2000 AP at lvl 85", rather than saying "additional".
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-02-21 at 05:49 PM.

I've discovered the rub here, and it turns out that all of you are wrong so far.

What AotH will now do will be to provide 637 RAP like it always has, and an additional 2000 AP that will only apply to our melee AP.

Once again those crafty bums at Blizzard have pulled a quick one over on us!

I'm more worried about PVE impact. In PVP, if I'm hardcasting Aimed shot, I can easily be in Hawk. If I'm running around in Fox, I'm not hardcasting Aimed anyway. I also haven't noticed a whole lot of luck hardcasting Aimed in arenas unless I'm either coming out of Camo or under Rapid Fire. Cast time is just too long - it's easy to LOS it, interrupt it (with like a disorient or stun or knockback), or just beat the crap out of me while I stand still for 3 seconds. I can hardcast when we're up 3:2, but at that point, 90+% of matches are over anyway.

I suspect that this change will just change the PVP 'rotation'. Instead of SSx2 (other), SSx2 (other), we'll end up with something like (Fox) SSx5 (full focus), (Hawk) Chim, Arc, Arc, (Fox) SSx5, while moving the whole time. Aimed on procs, or in situations where we can stand and cast for whatever reason.

If im wrong, when this goes live on tuesday/wednesday i'll come on here and make an apology thread.

Edit: I guess my point here is that if they meant it will give a flat 2000 Ap, then they could have said "AotH now Gives around 2000 AP at lvl 85", rather than saying "additional".
    I hope that we don't have to hear an apology since no apology would mean there's over 600 more attack power than what I first thought when I read the hot fix note