All the guns look like super soakers.

Am I the only one who thinks this ? Every gun I have had or seen looks like a damn super soaker 5000 or something.

So why the goofy looking guns ?

Because bows are better and everyone at Blizzard knows it.

On a more serious note, I dunno. I guess it IS kind of difficult to make a cool looking gun that doesn't look like it came from a Nerf toy set. There's only so much you can do to a muzzle and barrel before it begins to look... odd. Same thing goes for most weapons and armor.

It's sort of just the wow design.

I mean, look at the swords, they look like nerf toys or something out of power rangers. My shaman's hammer looks like a beer cooler on a stick with nails in it.

There are some "real" looking guns in the game, they're boring. I raided hunter in wotlk and I started raiding with some rep gun from argent crusade that was your standard double-barreled shotgun. It was pretty dull.

Always did like the looks on this one though
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=28581
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2011-02-21 at 04:57 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only REALLY good gun model was the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle from LRRH in Kara. I'll never delete that gun because the model was phenomenal.

Beyond Vanilla, where every single gun model was either a musket or a double-barreled musket (hyperbole, but essentially), most gun models have been dramatic and nothing "realistic". That's what makes them look epic in the eyes of many people. ZOMG! A real "hand cannon" (speaking of the Horde's gun that dropped from ToC), or the Gunblade! (Gun from Blood Furnace and the model was used in a BoE in TBC).

The models could always be worse, we could be firing ammo from brightly colored chickens ... oh wait ...

The gun from kara is by far the best gun model in the game.

Personally I prefer bows. However, there are SO many nice guns if you look for them.

If they don't actually become super soakers by the time we start raiding Rag, I'll be very disappointed in Blizzard.

Deleted
    I hate guns...you are in a boss fight, listening to the dialoge of the boss, fight starts and it only goes "Bumm, click, bumm, click, bumm"

Once started yelling at our hunter to get a bow or crossbow or even melee the boss as long as he puts this stupid gun down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    I hate guns...you are in a boss fight, listening to the dialoge of the boss, fight starts and it only goes "Bumm, click, bumm, click, bumm"

Once started yelling at our hunter to get a bow or crossbow or even melee the boss as long as he puts this stupid gun down.
    There are addons (such as Silencer) that reduce the gunshot sounds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only one gun has ever truly looked like a "Super Soaker". In fact, it was the appropriate nickname of the gun.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18282#.

I still have my hunter's Super Soaker in the bank. Ah, those were the days.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present