Level 60 rogue help.

Hi, my rogue is @ level 60, he is my main since i have come back to wow.
    i leveld as subt bekoz shadowstep was good for levelling 3x xp with a hunter. was epic fun in bg's too.
    now that im instance levelling i feel that a more dps spec is now needed so that i can pull my share of the dps.
    wondering if combat is in a state at 85) where itd be worth my way levelling up and learning it. or ass would be my best option. any other relevant info would be great too

Either are valid choices at 85, excelling at different things by a small enough percentage to make the choice between them almost negligible. Both are fast levelers, as well. It's down to personal preference at this point.

Try out both in a few instances to see what you like.

I never understood why people truly care about lower level DPS. Either way, Sub's damage at 85 still lacks from what I've seen in comparison to Assas and Combat.

As paloalto said, try them all out. Gold's not an issue? Respec a few times =P

How did you get to level sixty? The highest level is fifty, and it didn't even come out yet.. However, for more dps, use a sabo build. You'll do crazy AoE damage, along with great single target DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Boinkat View Post
    How did you get to level sixty? The highest level is fifty, and it didn't even come out yet.. However, for more dps, use a sabo build. You'll do crazy AoE damage, along with great single target DPS.
    Are you talking about Rift rogue and not WoW here?

After 4.0.6 Blade Flurry change Combat is awesome for low lvl instances. Mobs don't live long enough so poisons and VW from Muti spec don't have time to work. Just turn on Blade Flurry, spam Sinister Strike and SnD. And Wound poison on both weapons seems to work the best on lower levels.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

We are talking about Wow? I just saw a "Rogue" class forums. Where are the Rift class forums?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    I never understood why people truly care about lower level DPS.
    Some people like not having to completely relearn rotations for classes because they switch to a spec they've never used before. As for which spec is better at 85, mut is a couple K dps ahead of combat and almost double what sub is (sub is the lowest dps spec currently in game) with the exception of Halfus where combat is slightly above mut.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 12:49 PM ----------

We are talking about Wow? I just saw a "Rogue" class forums. Where are the Rift class forums?
    Waiting for the banhammer to fall on you. A quick search of your 7 posts show that you don't post anything other than Rift related crap on the MMO-Champ site....

Deleted
    There is none you have to go to the Rift forums for that this is a world of warcraft forums and yes i know the name is mmo champion but its still a wow forum.

False advertisement and Trolling Mods. Hmmm.

gaymer77, please don't search me. You can find someone else to have a little crush on.
    Last edited by Boinkat; 2011-02-22 at 08:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    False advertisement and Trolling Mods. Hmmm.

gaymer77, please don't search me. You can find someone else to have a little crush on.
    God you're an idiot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Some people like not having to completely relearn rotations for classes because they switch to a spec they've never used before. As for which spec is better at 85, mut is a couple K dps ahead of combat and almost double what sub is (sub is the lowest dps spec currently in game) with the exception of Halfus where combat is slightly above mut.
    Say what? Mut & Combat double what sub is? Why would people even play it?
    Last edited by mmoc0bb82ff854; 2011-02-23 at 01:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalic View Post
    Say what? Mut & Combat double what sub is? Why would people even play it?
    Because people can be stupid? It's the same reason why some people still play BM hunter, frost mage, arms warrior, or arc mage which all round out the bottom 5 dps specs after sub rogue.

Deleted
    I've got a level 70 rogue twink and I played Sub to level up, However this was in the beginning of Wrath so it may of changed,

I would recommend Assassination for infinite HP due to recuperate improving talents, Also if you can pick up some 60PvP gear from the vendors for honor then do it, It's pretty much the best gear you can get at level 60.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Because people can be stupid? It's the same reason why some people still play BM hunter, frost mage, arms warrior, or arc mage which all round out the bottom 5 dps specs after sub rogue.
    How do you explain that people like Reckful plays sub? And that sub is the best PVP spec according to must people in here.

But since you seems so convinced that Sub is that bad, let's se some evidence?
    Last edited by mmoc0bb82ff854; 2011-02-23 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think something is wrong with some comments... I feel really confused now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalic View Post
    How do you explain that people like Reckful plays sub? And that sub is the best PVP spec according to must people in here.

But since you seems so convinced that Sub is that bad, let's se some evidence?
    Where in the OP do you see that he's wanting advice about pvp? Sub has been the go-to spec for pvp for years and probably will continue to be the spec for pvp since its the survivability spec for rogues while the others are about maxing your damage. As far as evidence of how bad sub is in PVE then you can look at http://www.stateofdps.com and see for yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 11:49 AM ----------

Just thought I'd throw it out there that the bottom dps specs also happen to be the pvp specs for those classes. Reasoning for that is Blizzard thinks that gaining survability over maxing out your dps is a decision to be made.