Deleted

High end gaming PC with potential for 3D modelling

Hello all,

I used to run wow on a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, it didn't have DX11 but it worked fine as I'm told Geforce is tailored towards gaming. However I also use Autodesk Alias for 3D modelling for freelance work and the like. I upgraded to Alias 2010 as it has the tools and bug updates that 2009 needed, however the problem is that the shader tools for 2010 require open GL 2.0 compatible drivers, something that the GTS 250 doesn't have (even when I downloaded open GL2.0 for it, Alias still wouldn't run the shaders).

So I have recently bought the new Nvidia Quadro 2000 which is tailored towards Modelling - I assumed that this would be perfectly fine for WoW but also allow me to get my work done for my clients. Its running smoothly but every once in a while (while playing WoW) my screen shuts off and stays off for around 20 seconds before reloading. At which point Windows states that the graphics driver had failed but has successfully recovered. My worry is that its causing damage to the card or the driver every time it fails and recovers so I was wondering if there were any other Alias users out there that have found a solution.
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2013-02-20 at 09:46 AM.

Quadro cards dont come with proper DirectX support, you might be able to find some hacked drivers that allows DX9 acceleration on it, or set WoW to use OpenGL instead of DX9 in config.wtf
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Hmm, the spec page on Nvidia shows it supports DX11 http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/produ...o-2000-uk.html

Some years ago Nvidia intentionally gimped OpenGL performance on GeForce cards and DirectX performance on Quadro cards in BIOS to justify the 5x higher price of Quadro cards into professional use, and there were hacked BIOS files available to unlock the cards' full potential on both sides. But honestly I don't know if that is the case anymore so could be I'm wrong about this. Google might be able to help you better.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I'll have a look into it, thanks Vesse