Poll: Proffesion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Alchemy/Engineering

Greetings forumlovers, atm I have alch and herbalism maxed out, but engineering/mining is really tempting.
    I am a big fan of rocketboots etc, and those googles looks amazing, just.. jeez.

In your opinion, what do you prefer ?
    MOP BETA CLUB

Nearly all my characters are engineering/mining (Except my main which is Eng/BS) solely for the aesthetic value. That said, however, there aren't very many reasons it'd be worth switching. Nitro boosts have a higher failure rate than they did in WotLK, making them rather dangerous in any meaningful situation and also requiring you to have a parachute attached andready. The goggles, though highly customizable, aren't really better than any other 359 headgear you can get, and might even cause problems if it has to compete with a T11 item.

I'd stick with alchemy/herbalism and the limitless supply of flasks (and gold, if you still need it).

Unless you're a tank, the profession bonus from mining isn't near as useful as Alchemy, and even that's debatable (Though with cauldrons becoming more common, the flask duration bonus is almost nil)

If you can handle it, Alch/Engineering is a great combo, so long as you can afford it (or have farm alts)

Rocket Boots need their failure rate reduced to be viable for anything other than fun. The goggles are great for getting your head slot filled till heroic raids. All the other toys are awesome for mobility and convenience.

Some tips on what flask I should make to earn gold etc ?
    MOP BETA CLUB

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NCIS Troll Angeles View Post
    Some tips on what flask I should make to earn gold etc ?
    If you have a highly populated server, most flasks aren't *great* money. In most cases your better off selling the herbs themselves. Although, you should look on your AH to see which flasks are the best bang for your buck to make.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both together! I have a alchy/engy, engy/jc, jc/alchy they are awesome, i prefer 2 crafting but not everyone has the gold.

Deleted
    My honest opinion: Get yourself a farmbot and go Alchemy/Engineering.

I'm Alchemy/Engineering on my Prot Warrior, and personally I love it. I am potion spec'd, and have started to make a good deal of money off of 3 of the oddest things, Potion of Treasure Finding, Deepstone Oil, and Potion of Illusion. Everything else sells alright, but nothing quite has the same return. I also went Engineering because I have ALWAYS had it since BC when I spec'd it the first time, and will never go back. Being a Goblin Engineer Prot Warrior I am the most mobile thing in the game right now. The tinkers (hand) are the best in the game for DPS and tanks (not sure about healers/casters), and the best enchants are INCREDIBLY useful, even with the failure rate. The thing you have to do is you only use something like rocket boost in PvE when if you don't use it you die, you use it and it fails you die, or you use and it works great and everything is awesome!

Plus, you can level your Archeology, find the Sandstone Drake Alchemy mount, get the WotLK Mechanohog mount, and have your own niche as providing more crafted mounts than anyone else can.

I've always loved herbalism, but depending on your class, it really isn't the best raiding profession.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imo get mining/herbing on a second character, Alch/engineering on the main character, I was Eng/mining for a while on my paladin, but the droprate of airs was disappointing and the new alchemy trinkets + 2 hour flasks just make it so much more worthwhile then the 120 stamina.

Deleted
    If you wanna have fun, engineering.
    If you wanna make money and save gold for raids, alchemy.

Do you want haste or stamina?

Haste -> Herbalism 2min SC
    Stamina -> Mining

My main's alch/engineer, never lookin back. Gathering professions are for alts.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

For a few weeks herb up a storm, make some bank. Then drop herbing for engineering. Best of both worlds. Gathering profs are great for leveling up or for alts, but a serous gamer should have two crafting profs. In addition to the benefit to your character, they're also how to make the most bank if you know what to craft.