Poll: Who's Topping Your Healing Meters ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In 10 man i can top the meter as paladin healer, but in 25 man with all the raid dmg i cant beat resto druids - but im close to them

Deleted
    Speaking only from 10 man exprience with 2 different setups.

Holy Paladin
    Restoration Druid
    Disc/Holy Priest

Holy Paladin
    Disc/Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

I'm always topping the meters with exception of Maloriak(50/50 here) and Chimaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me as a holy priest. But then it's me and 2 shamans in my group and I haven't healed against a similarly geared Pala/Druid in a very long time now.

I consistently beat my holy/disc priest and holy paladin on every fight as a Restoration Druid in 10 man normals. They may be above me during the fight, but all I care about is what happened when the boss died and who's healing targets are alive.

a little bit OT but.. isn't the purification buff coming out tommorow?

10+ Year Old Account
    With our ten man healing raid comp,
    Rdruid, Hpally, and Rsham. I as the resto druid usually are first or second witht he pally. The Shaman and the pally out gear me by a fair amount. But over all me and the Pally are almost tied.
    Last edited by Wrak; 2011-02-22 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Playing a Druid and i am always on top, close second - Disc Priest. All others are always below 2-4% healing done.

Oh and, its by looking at the Healing + Absorbs meter.

In both my 10/25 man raids, Ive seen our resto druid out heal all our healers by a margin and that is all fights. We don't have a disc priest so no idea about that on where they fall under. Usually our heals would be like follows for who tops it in 25:
    1. Resto Druid
    2. Holy Priest/Holy Pally (depends on fight)
    3. Resto Shaman/Holy Pally/Holy priest. (Depends on fight)
    4. Resto Shaman
    But thats only in our raids. Dont know how other raid healers in other groups work. We run 6 healers, 2 shamans, 1 holy priest, 1 resto druid, and 2 Holy pallys.

Deleted
    This is a ridiculous question; I would advise you not try raiding heroics with this ideology; all healers got different type of jobs; rather than comparing healers focus on DPS to make it a healtier raid. Each healer has unique spells and abilities to complete each other. Without one being present the other will not be succesful in a higher tier of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen every healer in our main raiding core team (25) on the top of the meters - it used to be our best pally healer all the time, but later when we have been progressing in heroics, the healing has gone pretty balanced
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

We run druid/disc priest/shaman. Since the buff to shaman (it was needed) it's been pretty close. I think our druid is a little more competitive about topping the healing meters though, and prebuff he was outhealing everyone by a lot.

our Druid, usually.
    It's pretty close most of the time. Like 25/23/20% between the three healers (I forget the numbers exactly, but it's something like that).

Bear in mind that he's pretty ... zealous about it. He's not hesitant to post Recount and go "I did more healing!"
    And if someone else does more healing in a particular fight, he'll be all "Well I did more HPS!"

But, hey, he still tops the meters, for all it's worth.

Holy priest and disc priest

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the shaman healer (me) I can tell you that...

But thing is, as a healer, I find that as long as you do your job well, HPS and meters don't matter.

Usually disc priest(OP shields) me (resto druid) than palas and shaman mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    It's not the shaman healer (me) I can tell you that...

But thing is, as a healer, I find that as long as you do your job well, HPS and meters don't matter.
    It matters to some degrees - like you are good if your healing reaches minimum amount. Beyond that, the more you heal the less other healers do, in many cases it causes snipe heals, massive overheal for HoT classes (druid/priest) and waste of mana & effort. OP might think of healing as competitive job, but honestly its a terrible attitude.

Deleted
    We have three good healers, myself included. There isn't much between us bar the classes we play - we could each do what the other does on their class and stuff. Thus, it completely depends on the fight.

Overall the course of an entire raid (there is less than 3% in it), we have always ranked Druid > Paly > Shaman.

Deleted
    Lately me as resto druid as I got better gear
    Pala healer really close and sometimes higher
    Holy priest

Mostly, I see a Druid topping my raid group's healing meters.

8/10 druid and the other 2/10 a paladin - That's usually the way it is, oh well.

I think it really does matter in 10/25 mans. In 25 mans you have between 6-8 healers and more classes/more people. For example, in my 25 man we generally run 2 healadins, a resto sham, resto druid, and 3 priests. Sometimes we run 3 healadins, a resto sham, 3 priests and have the druid go boom. In this setup, I'm generally 3rd (as a healadin), and top healadin, usually. However, the other night I was the only healadin running and came in next to last in healing meters every fight. My tanks never died, however, so I really didn't care, but I did notice a significant difference in running 3 healadins to running one, and honestly, I felt quite weak. In our 25 mans, we have a disc priest who constantly comes in #1. All. The. Time. And usually by a large margin.

In the 10 man I run with, we usually have 2 priests and a paladin, with the pally coming in #1 almost every time. However, we lost one priest and substituted with a shaman, and generally that shaman came in 1st every time that raid.

So I'm not too sure, but I'd say priests right now are hella strong in 25 mans, paladins seem to be hella strong in 10 mans.
    Araceli - Cenarion Circle