Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post
    probably the whole "bads" thing. Using it as a noun instead of.. what was it, an adjective? (i forget my grammar >_>) Is just the pinnacle of idiocy.
    Ever heard of nominalization? It's taking a verb, adjective, or adverb and turning it into a noun (or the other way around). You use those kinds of words every day. For instance, do you water your plants or do you pour water onto your plants? Water, in this instance, is used as both a noun and a verb. One you're probably familiar with is "Blues", as in "One of the Blues said...". Blue is an adjective, while it is also a name given to Blizzard posters (also a nominalization of "post" by morphological process of adding "-er") referencing the color of their posts.

Using the term "bads" is not incorrect, nor is it "the pinnacle of idiocy".

umad?
    l2p

I harbor great disdain for many WoW/internet terms, but these really boil my blood, particularly because of the context in which they are used. Trolling and/or mocking players for making gameplay mistakes gets people a quick /ignore from me.

Lesser but notable offenses are the abbreviations that make no damn sense. Where the Hell did "pl0x" originate?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Noob, and i hated seeing GS everywhere but it was killed quite easily with Cata's release
    Not really. It went from "PST GS" to "PST ILVL"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

"Mechanics"
    "Core"
    "Cap"
    "HC"

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone angry about "lol u mad?", "u mad bro?", "why u mad?":

You do realize the whole point of those phrases is to piss you off even further, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"

I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    Loving that edit. Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by SinfonianOAEU View Post
    Where the Hell did "pl0x" originate?
    please
    plz
    plx
    plox
    pl0x

Makes perfect sense: typos, abbreviations, and phonetic spelling! Just like:
    owned
    pwned
    pwnt

DPS is a completely acceptable term. My argument if you wanted to get technical would be that, when people say "LF DPS", they are literally looking for damage per second for the encounter - get 2 classes/specs that specialize in damage. DD just looks wrong, and I've never come across it in EQ, EQ2, SWG, WoW, Vanguard, or really any game I've played.

Other things that annoy me somewhat:

HC. It's H. LFG H <Insert Encounter>

Link GS and Achi. How about no. I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't ready for it. (I realize some people do, but come on. This is insulting to people)

People telling casuals to shut up. They have as much right as the rest of us to witness all the content. The fact that you spend 8 hours a day theorycrafting and perfecting raid tactics in your backyard in no way earns you special content over someone who plays 3 hours a week.

1. Blizzard staff uses "toon", so get over it.

2. plox or pl0x. These don't even make sense. Use pls or plz if you are that lazy. It's one less key to press.

3. Pwn. I guess they are so awesome, Own wasn't descriptive enough. So they had to increment the O to P and made Pwn. Sigh. You do realize you are an idiot and it sounds like you are saying Pawn? Cuz believe me, that's all you ever will be.

4. Although the O is right next to K, it's still faster to type "kk" than "ok". It's not that bad, kk?

5. No one on my server says HC. We say HM for Hard Mode, since blue posts often refer to it this way.

6. Trial of the Champion vs. Trial of the Crusader. This was stupid on Blizzard's part. So everyone had to ask when seeing "ToC" in chat. I always made it a point to type ToC5 or HToC5 when referring to the dungeon. But no one else does it.

7. TB. Thunder Bluff? Tol Barad? Oh, brother!

8. DM. Deadmines? Dire Maul? Grrrr! Back in classic, peeps always said VC for VanCleef, meaning Deadmines. But now in cata, everyone uses DM=Deadmines.

9. GS. No one uses GearScore anymore. But they will still say "GS" when they want to know your average iLvl. It's aggravating.

And slightly related --

Me: Where are you?
    Them: In front of AH
    Me: Orgrimmar has four AHs
    Them: ??
    Me: Sigh. Are you in Valley of Lag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Nobody has mentioned " meh " yet, i once asked someone in our guild who uses it every fucking sentence what it meant and he couldn't tell me. haha
    It's a neutral response, also a way of describing something mediocre.

Bob: So John, how was your day?
    John: It was meh.

Some people also use it instead of Me, but not as often.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lolcat talk

"oh hai" "kitteh" "ma _____"

Its not funny, nor is it cute... just don't
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

I hate getting the reply "inv" when you're trying to gather a group in public chat. Especially when yo've asked for achievements and stuff. If you say "inv" because its shorter then "Hello, Can I join your raid? Im Spec-Class. [Achievement]", then I will say "No" because its shorter then "Yes".

I hate when people say Shammy. It's 6 letters, Shaman is 6 letters i don't see the point of this it's retarded and needs to stop

LF inscriptioner

i always charge those guys double
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfix. Hate that shit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying on my Celestial Steed through rainbows eating delicious rainbow coloured marmalade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabrius View Post
    W8 an eight cylinder engine configuration.
    That would be V8 good sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSteedOwner View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W8_engine

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSteedOwner View Post
    look up a W8 its a volkswagan engine made for Passat B5.5

Well, pretty much everything you all said but I read through page 1 to 10 and I saw no MOM JOKES ?!

Wow, Momjokes, those are like fighting the position 1 with rouge, QQ, gief, liek, stuff like that for me....

LEARN TO INSULT ME INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET ON MY MOM. Anyway she doesn't like you.

edit : Even if it's no terminology, its so RAGING !
    Last edited by SantaClauss; 2011-02-22 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    chuck norris dirge anal etc anything like that deserves a ban