4.3 is, without question, bringing me back to WoW, but...

If blizzard really pulls off all of the new features successfully, I will no doubt be returning. It honestly feels like they're making this patch just for me. Two of the heavy hitters (transmorgifier and raid finder) have been on the top of my /want list for the longest time, but I always felt like they were something blizzard would never implement.

And now for the huge, hairy but....

I'm not sure if these are things are features that will keep me playing after their novelty wears off. I suppose the raid finder may end up to be a great tool, although I suppose it all depends on who queues up for it and how well tuned the bosses are for random PUG groups with no sense of accountability. If its the same crowd from the dungeon finder that I was playing with before I unsubbed, it will get old real fast. And of course, the transmorgifier is probably only going to be cool for like a week until you see everyone wearing the same gear sets, as each class has an undisputed best armor set.

TL;DR These new features will bring me back, but I'm doubtful as to whether they'll keep me playing.

My thoughts on the transmorgifier? everyone is going to be wearing the same two-three sets of gear per class, making everyone look the same. Obviously there are some sets that are just flat out better. Me personally? I am going to wear the current gear, and if I change it, it is going to be the most mis-matched crap you will ever see in your life

10+ Year Old Account
    You are obviously burned out beyond redemption if you are already planning to leave again.

So honestly, why come back?

Ultimately you will be unhappy and spread that unhappiness.

Overalls, a straw hat and a pitchfork for my Warrior.

I find both of the new features you mentioned the least appealing aspect of the patch. What pool of players do you think will use the lfr?? Many are unguilded or benched for a reason. That sounds elitist, but in 7 years no one has shown me anything different. For the record I am not an elitist, just a realist As for the transmogrifier..there have been far too many threads about recycled armor and weapon models over the years, except now Blizz is going to let us recycle. Way to say yay and be a lemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    My thoughts on the transmorgifier? everyone is going to be wearing the same two-three sets of gear per class, making everyone look the same. Obviously there are some sets that are just flat out better. Me personally? I am going to wear the current gear, and if I change it, it is going to be the most mis-matched crap you will ever see in your life
    Everyone already looks the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imwaldofindme View Post
    I'm not sure if these are things are features that will keep me playing after their novelty wears off
    In that case, you can just take a break again until new content comes out. Rinse and repeat.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

OK - you get your toon, transmogrify your gear to be all tier 2.

Well... that was 10 minutes well spent! What next?

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 09:51 PM ----------

My big question about raid finders are... how the hell are you going to organize all the players to play again to finish the raid zone? Will there be some fancy calendar option that pops up with it where the raid leader selects a time and place?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    You are obviously burned out beyond redemption if you are already planning to leave again.

So honestly, why come back?

Ultimately you will be unhappy and spread that unhappiness.
    I'm not planning to just play for a month and leave, but I guess it did kind of sound like I was saying that. I'm merely skeptical that these features, which are no doubt taking up a big chunk of dev time and commitment, are things that will keep players interested in the game until the next expansion arrives.

However, I suppose the first and only time I came back after unsubbing was when they introduced the LFD tool; it ended up where that feature got me to renew my subscription, while new friendships and a new guild kept me playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Well... that was 10 minutes well spent! What next?[COLOR="red"]
    Takes more than 10 minutes to collect a set of raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Well... that was 10 minutes well spent! What next?

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 09:51 PM ----------

My big question about raid finders are... how the hell are you going to organize all the players to play again to finish the raid zone? Will there be some fancy calendar option that pops up with it where the raid leader selects a time and place?
    Yeah, thats definitely what I'm thinking about the transmorgifier.

Regarding the raid finder, I personally hope that they give you an option to queue for specific bosses or to queue for a full clear (and, of course, to queue for the last boss you have to have cleared all the other bosses). Thats the only way I could possibly see it working out. In a best case scenario, the tool would provide the capability to "save" your raid group if you wish to continue at a later date.

If blizzard doesn't disappoint with this feature and provides some sort of gating to keep the trash out, this could definitely be a game changer, at least for me.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Takes more than 10 minutes to collect a set of raid gear.
    On the front page, it only states that you MIGHT have to own the gear. I'm not quite sure whether I want that to be a requirement or not...on one hand, it would mean more time spent with mah buddies, but on the other hand, running old content at max level can feel really grindy and gets old pretty fast.

oh man, does this mean i can get my warlock raiding in his brewfest gear? that would be fantastic!

On the front page, it only states that you MIGHT have to own the gear. I'm not quite sure whether I want that to be a requirement or not...on one hand, it would mean more time spent with mah buddies, but on the other hand, running old content at max level can feel really grindy and gets old pretty fast.
    Hrmmm... it would really be interesting if they unlock all the loot from the game should you have the achievement for completing that dungeon.

Though that would be really odd as to how that would work with current dungeons. (Could I theoretically make my shoulders look like T12 cus I killed the third boss in Deathwing's Lair but didn't see the drop?)

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    oh man, does this mean i can get my warlock raiding in his brewfest gear? that would be fantastic!
    Apart from the Dark Tankard - nope.

It has to be gear that has statistics on it. I'm thinking they're putting that stipulation in so people aren't fighting with flowers while wearing pink dresses and a gassmask.

Yeah, thats definitely what I'm thinking about the transmorgifier.

Regarding the raid finder, I personally hope that they give you an option to queue for specific bosses or to queue for a full clear (and, of course, to queue for the last boss you have to have cleared all the other bosses). Thats the only way I could possibly see it working out. In a best case scenario, the tool would provide the capability to "save" your raid group if you wish to continue at a later date.

If blizzard doesn't disappoint with this feature and provides some sort of gating to keep the trash out, this could definitely be a game changer, at least for me.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 05:08 PM ----------

Blizz blue post that I saw said that yes, you have to own the gear.