Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Fun thread.
    I guess a lot of these have been posted 5 million times already, but oh well.

I HATE "toon". Whenever I see someone use it I can't help rolling my eyes. Where does that even come from?
    "Bio", I find it more disgusting for some reason when someone says "brb bio" than as if they just told me "brb taking a piss" or "brb toilet".
    "The bads" or "a bad", it just sounds idiotic.
    "Retardin" - "Retadin" is already bad but that takes it one step further. Also because I play - among others - a Ret/Prot Pally and I don't like being called a retard, basically.
    People calling an "alt" a "twink", guess that's only common on German servers where no one knows what the crap an alt is and everyone calls their characters who are not their main their "twinks", annoys me a lot but I have to overlook it.
    "Dudu" or "drood" for Druid, although I've been guilty of using it as well. :/
    "Styles" instead of "skills" - haven't heard that in a long time but gahhh that made me want to rage every time. Again, I have no idea where that even comes from.
    "+" for when you are ready/agree with something whatever. Seriously? Are you that lazy?

I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember right now and I believe that's enough. :P

Deleted
    m8,
    god i hate that word especially when they spell it m8 too instead of mate
    but its both bad!

Deleted
    L2P or "FFS" are the ones that get on my nerves. Although not original "wow terms" but still. And these "gogo-whores" you meet in dungeons. And yes im a tank.
    I also dislike when people spell PLZ instead of please.
    "noob" is also quite annoying. feels like people don't even know what "noob" stands for.
    Last edited by mmoc181dcea0e2; 2011-02-22 at 10:12 PM.

Calling Dead Mines 'VC' annoys the piss out of me. That's about it really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistdbarbie View Post
    "Bio" annoys me, just say "AFK 2 mins" or something, I really dont need to know your going to pee (or worse lol)
    I thought bio was for any biological need, so like grabbing a snack or a drink too or whatever lol

but yeah i agree with imba just seems stupid and i hate how quickly the anoying ones tend to get adopted lols

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    Just because dire maul is gone doesnt mean that stops being the abbrev for it.

Deadmines has been VC since vanilla (yes vanilla not 'classic' *Vanilla = unchanged/plain/original*) and new wrath baby players are not going to change that.

So that is also what I am adding to the list. When people new to the game come in and try to change terminology for things set in place long before them.
    OH MY GOD newer kids calling deadmines DM drives me insane. I've admittedly exploded way too many times at a newer player not calling deadmines VC.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    u jelly brah?

Gah, I hate that. Someone I know personally says that IRL and I wanna punch him in the face every time he says it.
    u jelly brah?

'Toon'. Ive hated the term since I started in BC.
    Its a character. Or more recently, an Avatar.

Hate 'toon' with a passion.

IMO. Of course its your god damn opinion, you said it.

I hate pretty much anything that would acceptable for phone users but NOT for people sitting at a full damn keyboard

Deleted
    "LF rouge"

so you need some red?

/sigh

"umadbro?"
    Seeing those letters infuriates me to no end. YES I AM NOW! I am not your brother, don't try to be cool with me. Every expletive comes to mind seeing see those words mashed together.

'nadda' ... wtf is a nadda

toon is unfairly annoying to read

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    "umadbro?"
    Seeing those letters infuriates me to no end. YES I AM NOW! I am not your brother, don't try to be cool with me. Every expletive comes to mind seeing see those words mashed together.
    the thing about this is that the kids of wow got a hold of 4chan wayyyy after everyone else did so tired memes become way more tired when the rest of the internet picks them up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Oh an also one that has bugged me ever since i started playing wow - DING it makes no logical sense, the sound sis not ding, the animation is not ding, you did not ding in anyway shape or form apart from your mind.
    What do you call the sound the microwave does when it's done cooking? A ding. Granted, the sound you get when gaining a level is more like Brrrrrwwwwhing, but we call that a ding too.
    Of course I guess you could say: "Hey, chaps! I just gained an experience level"
    Whereas someone in your group would go "Congratulations!" To which you would reply: "I am laughing out loud", and you would have merry-good times, but the time gap between pulling packs in dungeons would increase radically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Using single letters for words like U and R. It makes you look like an uneducated child to do so. At least kids that are texting on phones have an excuse to abbreviate to such extremes but anyone with a real keyboard has no excuse.

I also hate people calling their characters "toon". I think that is ridiculous.

Most of these things listed here don't bother me though, I guess after 12 years of MMO history i'm just accustomed to all of it. As for the noob thing, i'm not sure if this is related to the origin of the internet insult, but the navy refers to new crew on a submarine as nubs.

As for people who get all offended when people use the word "gay" or "retarded" as insults or describing activities or actions instead of people, I think that is a little ridiculous as well. Language and the meaning of words is constantly changing and gay didn't even mean homosexual for most of human history, yet it's meaning changed to that at some point, and now it refers to anything stupid or lame, and yet people are still hung up on the old meaning and cling to it. Language evolves, get used to it. Otherwise everyone would speak the same one and there wouldn't be thousands across the planet.

toon
    drood
    TSG (i just hate that faceroll comp xD)
    Raiding raiding 5 nights a week that hasnt got 12/12 on normal atleast.....those people should quit the game..seriously.

and all the people who hate umadbro. its the best gaming saying that i have come across in AGES, so at the moment its my best xD

so to all of you.

UMADBRO?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedwarf View Post
    So how americans name heroic if not HC ?
    Maybe someone answered this, but i'll do it anyways

They (From what i saw when i played there for 3-4 days) use the full word when alone and just the H when together with the instance abbreviation.

Examples:
    H SFK
    H HoO
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker H
    Sometimes:
    Nefarian (H)

[guy 1]: You guys ready for tongihts raid??
    [guy 2]: Are we doing normal or Heroic this week?
    [guy 1]: Some wipes on Heroic, then do norml if we fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

"Vanilla" and the people who think they're cool for playing it annoy me to no end, especially when they're terrible.
    Bro
    l2p
    Any retarded spelling variation of "lol".
    toon
    umad and the trolls who think its funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I hate this too.. so much so that I gave my resto shaman enchanting.. when someone asks for one for any reason i say sure.. then link my enchanting.. and ask why so specific about class?
    That made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think the one that gets me is people that say I R like I R leet or I R awesome idk it just annoys me. Also people that put QT in there names as well.