Disc or Holy for Dungeonleveling

I'm leveling up my priest as we speak and i was thinking about what healing spec i should use for dungeons. What spec should i choose? I want to be effective and not sit and drink all the time in dungeons.

thanks in advance
    "When it comes to WoW, you must remember two things: everybody that accomplished less than you is a noob and everybody that accomplished more than you has no life"

disc. The bubbles are OP at low levels, and you can get some dps in there with penance and smite.

Im thinking more of 78+ dungeons, sorry for not writing that. Disc might still be good at lvl 78+?
    "When it comes to WoW, you must remember two things: everybody that accomplished less than you is a noob and everybody that accomplished more than you has no life"

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you prefer one? Probably you do. Pick that one.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    It does not matter.
    Personally i prefer disc for the smiting in parts where you're bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been dungeon leveling my priest (currently 82 from 80 done in dungeons) and Disc seems extremely OP, never oom, and your tank barely takes any damage after Bubble + PoM. Just my 2 cents.

I did zero quests from 15-79 on my priest. Primarily BG's and some instancing mixed in for teh lewtz and low end of brackets. This was before the 5 level bracket spread, I'd probably just do straight BG's with the current bit.

Anyway, Atonement was ridiculously stupid before cata dungeons and apparently PW:S is now too, but since you're already there it really doesnt matter at this point. I ran holy for my healing spec from 80 onwards, but I did do a bit of questing mixed in once I hit cata content. I'd say go with what you like, either of the 2 will do you just fine although I tend to think holy has a smaller learning curve mana-wise.

Deleted
    I leveled Disc 1-80. Had no problem healing in dungeons and the dmg while questing is fine. When I entered the Cata-zones I re-specced to Shadow mainly because questing is much faster 80-85. When I entered a dungeon it was only because of the quests, and if I got a grp that knew what they where doing I had no problem healing it as Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Creytar View Post
    Im thinking more of 78+ dungeons, sorry for not writing that. Disc might still be good at lvl 78+?
    I leveled 80-85 just by dungeon grinding as disc, and it wasn't too bad. I did have some mana issues, but it was mostly because rapture only gave half the mana of what it does now. I imagine with all the buffs it got, it would be pretty sick now.

Also, smite healing really helps when you have a bad dps in the group.

Deleted
    I personally consider Holy FAR superior to disc, disc feels extremely gimmicky. That's also what makes it interesting though. If you like the gimmick of healing by dps, try disc atonement. If you like to spam shields, play disc. If you want to actual just heal in a stable way though, it's all about holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option 1: Disc, very boring and barely anything to do apart from shielding as they barely ever break.
    Option 2: Holy, fun and entertaining and you accually learn to heal a bit.

Ive made my choice, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Option 1: Disc, very boring and barely anything to do apart from shielding as they barely ever break.
    Option 2: Holy, fun and entertaining and you accually learn to heal a bit.

Ive made my choice, how about you?
    Having played both specs since level 60, I can completely disagree with this. I found Disc to be much more fun than Holy.

This is therefore a personal choice, and therefore you (the OP) should try both specs yourself and decide what YOU prefer. Don't trust the opinion of anyone else, since as I said it is a matter of personal choice!

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Having played both specs since level 60, I can completely disagree with this. I found Disc to be much more fun than Holy.

This is therefore a personal choice, and therefore you (the OP) should try both specs yourself and decide what YOU prefer. Don't trust the opinion of anyone else, since as I said it is a matter of personal choice!

Agreed, I've been Disc for 2+ years and these patronizing/condescending statements make me laugh. Opinionated/closed minded people will play a spec for 5 minutes, judge it with impatient vehemence, then go back to their original spec, usually flaming whichever spec they attempted to try.

Gimmicky? We (disc) are based on mitigation, you (holy) are based on direct healing. Claiming that "you'll learn a thing or two about healing by going holy" is a ridiculous statement made by a child who obviously has no understanding of the spec. For those of you thinking about trying Disc, I highly suggest you give it a chance because you'll likely fall in love with it.

I personally don't like holy, but I'm not going to make ignorant claims about a certain spec because it's all about perception and personal choice. If you seriously struggle with disc to the point where you think it's gimmicky, you're doing it wrong. I rarely have mana issues and I'm happy with my throughput and spellbook.

Just ignore the kiddies who bash without reason, most of them are fat and inept.