Heroic Raid Lockout System.

I just wanted to get some clarification on how the raid lock out system works now. The way I understand it is the decision on heroic mode vs normal mode is made on a per boss bases. Some people in my guild are under the impression that once you down a boss in heroic you can't switch back to normal. Basically, I wanted to know if you say, downed halfus on herioc, would you then be able to clear the rest of BoT on normal or would you be forced to try to down it on heroic?

You can select specific bosses to do on heroic, just like in ICC.
    Herring seeks your life!

You can switch back to normal, you just can't switch raid sizes once you down a boss on heroic AFAIK.

So if you kill Halfus on 25 Hard, you can't then go and kill Cho'gall on 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pick and choose which bosses you do on heroic and swap back and forth. The trickiness comes if you want to change raid sizes. I know that Blizzard has said that you can't do 25 heroic if you've done a 10 man heroic or vice versa. I don't know that doing a heroic boss on 25 means you can't do a different boss on normal 10s though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    You can switch back to normal, you just can't switch raid sizes once you down a boss on heroic AFAIK.

This is what we've experienced. Kill a heroic boss in 25 man BoT and couldn't flip over BWD to 10 man heroic. Kind of weird, but that was our experience. Kind of lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoT & BWD lockouts shouldn't impact each other - if they are I suggest putting up a bug report about it on the official forums.

My understanding was that once you do some bosses on heroic, you can't do the other bosses (from the same dungeon) on heroic unless its a continuation of the same lockout, but you should be able to do them on normal with any group. I could be wrong but that was the gist of my understanding when they announced the flex raid lockouts way back when.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    Yes, you can. If you kill Halfus on 25 hard, you can't do Cho'gall on 10 hard. You're still free to do whatever you want on normal modes.