Thread: Fun Ele idea

Fun Ele idea

Since Ele has such a problem with mobility, I though it would be a cute idea if near the end of the Ele tree there is a talent that makes SWG a static buff. Mobility fixed and no more turret in PvP

Wishful thinking, but I think it'd be cute.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Deleted
    That would be op - better give us the ability to cast lighting bolt while moving - it is our filler spell already... i think that would go along with how Fire Mages can cast scorch while moving.

Deleted
    yeah or remove cd on Thuderstorm !!! that would be just as awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TheJan View Post
    That would be op - better give us the ability to cast lighting bolt while moving - it is our filler spell already... i think that would go along with how Fire Mages can cast scorch while moving.
    Just saying it's OP won't mean it would be OP, but I not saying it couldn't be.

For PvE I know that Ele Shams have a horrible time with anything movement and for PvP this would be a neat way to help them not be killed within 2 seconds because they have to stand still.

I could see it working and not being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by hippaw View Post
    yeah or remove cd on Thuderstorm !!! that would be just as awesome
    I was just saying a cool idea that technically isn't serious; don't have to be a jerk -.-
    Last edited by BlueRising; 2011-02-22 at 09:10 PM.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Seriously though having that as our 31 point talent would be something I would take. Instead of earthquake which is complete rubbish. And with all the snares and roots these days being able to move and cast as a passive ability wouldn't be overpowered at all. Because most of the time shamans are trying to run away from nearly every class that stomps on them, which at this stage is all of them.

Fight a deathknight and tell me that we don't need something like this. deaths advance/desecrate/deathgrip/silences/interrupts/anti magic shields/necrotic strike/multiple pets... its beginning to be a little bit stupid how blizzard are 'balancing classes'

Earthquake is a good spell but should definatly be baseline for shamans, like blizzard is for mages and rain of fire is for warlocks.

I play / played Elemental for pvp on my shaman although i now play resto due to elemental being a waste of time. Ive had a few idea's at what kind of things blizzard could give elementals as a new 31 point talent and came up with idea's like:

Elemental Weaving: Weave your current shock spells together to combine different effects - 2 minute cd, 45 second durationl.

Frost Shock and Flame shock - Frostfire shock - Combined frost and flame shock idea, dealing frostfire damage... duuh

Earth and Frost - Glacial Shock - Slows the target with a chance to root him in place for 3 seconds

Flame and earth - Magma - Ignites the target - Increasing vulnerability to The shamans spells ( 5% increased crit with all spells?? )

Flame and Wind shear - Firestorm- Interupts the target, Also causes a pillar of fire to engulf the shaman dealing fire damage to anyone nearby.

Earth and Wind - Sandstorm - interupts the target , Causes a sandstorm to engulf the shaman reducing the chance that the shaman is hit by melee attacks and spells by 5%

Frost and wind - Tempest - surrounds the shaman with bitter cold winds slowly all targets within 15 yards of the shaman and has a chance to interupt any enemy player casting spells that is affected by the Tempest.

And finally turns your wind shear into: Galeforce winds - 15 second cd, interupts the targets casting and prevents any spell from being casted in that magic school for 4 seconds, and slows casting speed by 50% for the next spell.

All of these would share the same cooldown as normal shocks, and you could have a totem bar like interface for casting them, sort of like the mages portal interface or hunters trap interface.

these are only very quickly thought of idea's and could easily be overpowered and or underpowered, or completly useless ;p but let me know what u think, atleast all the pvpers can agree its more use than earthquake for your 31 point talent.