Spriest, am I going crazy?

Morning, random question of the week... Are other shadow priests finding they are doing even less damage right now even after the nerfs?

I'm not talking about the 25% down to 15% damage nerf as I still found I was avg 18 - 19k depending on fight. dummy I was 13k.
    Few nights ago in a raid I felt like my damage was very low, fights where I was geting 18 - 19k I was only pulling 16k~ (this is all after the hot fix nerfs btw).
    So I went to the dummy straight after raid and found I was only able to hold 10k on a dummy. Haven't changed my rotation and I've even got 2 peice bonus now and im down 3k dps?

Thinking that I might be bugged or my gear was broken I double checked everything, gear, glyphs I even respec'd my talents incase they where bugged.

Question is, am I the only one feeling a stealth nerf at all, so confused why I've dropped close to bottom of dps table?

Nothing was changed.

Things that effect your dps is RNG, missing buffs (dark intent), missing gear, fight mechanics... the list never ends.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Even after the patch nerf I've been slowly going up in dps. But I do know a few other spriests who are experiencing the same sort decrease of which they do not know the cause. You're not alone, but you are not many either.

Ok Lets try cut this RNG down then.. Since I consider myself a smart player and I research a lot as it is.

DI - Never get it in my 10mans because we don't have a warlock
    Missing gear - What do you mean? All my gear is the same other than upgrade to Teir pants for 2 peice bonus.
    Hit cap - I'm Hit capped.
    Fight Mechanics - TBH most I really can't see a fight dropping my dps by 3k, also I am seeing this loss in dps on trash too. Multi dotting I could easily get over 20k now I'll be lucky to break 18k.

Any crazy maths dude with spare time on their hands want to test spriest dps? For a bit there I thought it might of been the SWain refresh bug back again, but I dont think so.

SP right now is on top of the dps food-chain.

Full 359 geared in r25 with DI I do about 23-25k dps, depending on the encounter of course, 23k being my simcrafted theorical max dps.

4.0.6 patch was a BIG buff to SPs, it was sooo big that they had to nerf us asap , the numbers I was doing post-patch and pre-nerf were crazy.
    Last edited by Asavah; 2011-02-22 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
    Ok Lets try cut this RNG down then.. Since I consider myself a smart player and I research a lot as it is.

DI - Never get it in my 10mans because we don't have a warlock
    Missing gear - What do you mean? All my gear is the same other than upgrade to Teir pants for 2 peice bonus.
    Hit cap - I'm Hit capped.
    Fight Mechanics - TBH most I really can't see a fight dropping my dps by 3k, also I am seeing this loss in dps on trash too. Multi dotting I could easily get over 20k now I'll be lucky to break 18k.

Any crazy maths dude with spare time on their hands want to test spriest dps? For a bit there I thought it might of been the SWain refresh bug back again, but I dont think so.
    You must of overlooked something, because blizzard did nothing. Trust me if blizzard did something the forums would be flooded with it.

You also lose dps on movement heavy fights. Also there are some fights that increases damage a boss recieves (omnitron, magmaw and some herioc fights).

Hmm, Not to be rude.. But your post means nothing. I'm comparing my dps in same situations just a week later. My Dummy dps has gone down and I've changed nothing.. I suppose I'll just have to live with being confused about it and do avg dps unless we somehow get a warlock in our 10man raid.

Deleted
    Maybe more lag, so you cant chaincast as well as you used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
    Hmm, Not to be rude.. But your post means nothing. I'm comparing my dps in same situations just a week later. My Dummy dps has gone down and I've changed nothing.. I suppose I'll just have to live with being confused about it and do avg dps unless we somehow get a warlock in our 10man raid.
    Yes, your rotation, latency and RNG is perfect and not flawed at all, so when you see your dps drop sometimes its automatically blizzards fault. Not to be rude.

Could even be something as simple as your recount not merging pet data, recount can also be rather inconsistent with tracking shadowy apparition damage. I've had plenty of peope post recount data and it's missng my shadowy apparition damage.

I also think human memory is fallable, just because you remember you were doing 19k dps doesn't mean you did. Have you got some logs you can post which shows this mysterious change? I'm betting not, but if you do post both weeks and after looking at that for 5mins I'll tell you exactly why the numbers are different.

Even cutting down on most of the RNG factors, you still have Crit, Shadow Orb proc chance, Mind Flay crits reducing Shadowfiend duration meaning higher uptime, ect.
    Basically, you got unlucky, it's not a nerf. Also, I did notice on the forums a lot of players experiencing a LOT higher latency inside instances, which would have a big effect on your boss fights.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-22 at 09:54 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

/offtopic/ When I first read the title I thougth in Black Swan

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Could even be something as simple as your recount not merging pet data, recount can also be rather inconsistent with tracking shadowy apparition damage. I've had plenty of peope post recount data and it's missng my shadowy apparition damage.

I also think human memory is fallable, just because you remember you were doing 19k dps doesn't mean you did. Have you got some logs you can post which shows this mysterious change? I'm betting not, but if you do post both weeks and after looking at that for 5mins I'll tell you exactly why the numbers are different.
    You are correct, I didn't expect my dps to drop after a few days so no logs where taken. I am one to believe memory could be at fault but also one of my team mates who is a mage also noticed my dps drop, and even though I noticed it I didn't really care till he picked up on it also. Normally I push him for top spot in meters now I'm more down the bottom and hes ahead easily.

Lag could be an issue, but I always run with 500ms (yes very high but I'm in a country that doesn't know what the word boardband means) however I've always had this ping so its not like thats changed.

Hmm, maybe understanding where I am in regards of dps vs other shadow priest might help clear my mind.
    I would link my profile but I'm currently in healing gear.
    I've also never used a sim before, anyone care to link to a easy to use one? Normally I'm a reader not someone who would simcraft. Cheers.

I think a lot of pre-heroic shadow priests are feeling the nerf more than the raiders.

I didnt read the whole thread but this is to the OP. I'm finding it hard to find a fight where I dont finish in the top 3 in raids. The dummy dps is really RNG based and like someone else said, you have a lot more buffs in a raid then at the dummy. make sure your doing everything u can in raids to max your dmg output. The only fight that I have a slight problem on is the anne frank boss. But I still finish in the top 5.

Ok, well just an update. I went back into BWD to raid last night after doing a few things, respecing for the 2nd time and manually putting on my shadow set rather than getting the equipment manager to do it.

I'm now back to do 19k+ dps. So pass what went on, but things seem to be back to normal and I'm competing vs our Mage again (which he's not happy about haha).

Mostly #1 on meters, just fine here.