Question Resto Shaman Healing - Post 4.0.6? Are we competitive?

So I'm trying to get a sense from the Shaman Community on how Restoration healing compares to Paladins and Priests after the 4.0.6 buff?

My "GUT" is telling me that we are still behind.

The meters I am seeing at worldoflogs.com are showing Holy/Disc Priests and Paladins pretty much dominating the boards.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, as I'm not getting anything from the WoW forums except grief and misery.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradral View Post
    So I'm trying to get a sense from the Shaman Community on how Restoration healing compares to Paladins and Priests after the 4.0.6 buff?

My "GUT" is telling me that we are still behind.

The meters I am seeing at worldoflogs.com are showing Holy/Disc Priests and Paladins pretty much dominating the boards.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, as I'm not getting anything from the WoW forums except grief and misery.

Thanks!
    For me, it doesn't matter if we're still behind as long as we're close.

After the hotfix and the purification buff, i have seen my healing output increased.

I have to admit - the numbers I am seeing on my Shaman are much higher, but I think in a 25-Man raid situation, we are still 4th choice out of Priest, Paladin, Druid, Shaman Healers. - which is kinda' messed up. It's like WoW Class Discrimination!!

Deleted
    The meters won't update overnight. Many servers haven't caught the Purification hotfix just yet either. I'm expecting us to even out roughly 5% behind the curve on average.

But yeah, we're certainly competitive as far as throughput goes - we just need that defensive CD and we'll be in a pretty good place.

checking the logs tonight will be the best judge... i know i was on new content when they hotfix'd us. Couldn't really get a judge.

in terms of eHPS, we're better. Factoring in smart healing we can be a lot more competitive. But we're still dead last outside of 25man low movement raid stacking ability fights where we are now basically on par.

In terms of raw HPS, we're still so far behind it's stupid... We need another 20-40% buff still.

Last night, I was slightly ahead of our Pally and our Holy Priest in 10-man. But most of the raid consisted of about 20 Chimaeron hc tries (and one kill *yay!*) which I pretty much rocked.
    I still ended up being third on Nef, but the gap to the others was smaller than usual(~1%).

We're just about on par with Holy Priests and Resto Druids. Any difference, give or take, would be small enough to the point where whining would be quite futile. We aren't par with paladins, nor given the limitation of their healing are we ever likely to be. Same issue with Disc, mechanical differences and situational output.

We do need our cooldowns though. At least one, I just hope we can keep (group) Tide in the process. I really enjoy that brand of utility.

Also, stop looking at World of Logs and StateofDPS. Use your own evidence and contrast it with modern examples, not sites filled with very old and highly rigged parsing information. Look at other guilds on your realm and their night to nights, etc.
    Last edited by Merin; 2011-02-23 at 12:05 AM.

Ill find out tonight and post the results!

Raiding 25 man, I've seen a huge improvement, Just started heroics, downed Halfus Chimera and i was top 2 both times

Quote Originally Posted by Yauzer View Post
    Raiding 25 man, I've seen a huge improvement, Just started heroics, downed Halfus Chimera and i was top 2 both times
    Bout the same as this. Personally think we're very competitive now.. Yes, we lack a big defensive/lifesaver cooldown, but we also could say other healers lack a mana tide (our last real unique ability) - and of course 4.1 is just around the corner which should bring more updates to us. I think shamans and druids will have more focus applied to them as well, seeing that priest/paladins are more than fine. (from a healing pov)
    Last edited by SuperNick; 2011-02-23 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm "feeling" the same thing. My priest (holy) just seems more "powerful" - if that is the right word. In a pinch - where everyone is taking large amounts of damage. - recovering seems easier. I can toss out 2-3 Prayer of Healing spells - and I'm usually out of "someone might die" danger. - with my Shaman, especially if people are spread out, I really am kinda' Outta Luck.

But thanks for the responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradral View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm "feeling" the same thing. My priest (holy) just seems more "powerful" - if that is the right word. In a pinch - where everyone is taking large amounts of damage. - recovering seems easier. I can toss out 2-3 Prayer of Healing spells - and I'm usually out of "someone might die" danger. - with my Shaman, especially if people are spread out, I really am kinda' Outta Luck.

But thanks for the responses.
    This seems true for me and my guildmate. On his priest and druid he can really throw out a burst of high throughput when he needs to, but he has problems with consistent heavy damage. On my Shaman it's the opposite, as long as I anticipate the bursts and pre-heal them I have no problem getting through the rest.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Well, to be honest I dont know if it was because our Pally healer had an off night or what but I topped the meters in almost every fight. 2 Nights total and cleared all normal content. We will be starting some hard modes this week and will see how it goes but I felt considerably better with my heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    My consensus: Yes, we're competitive again.

My experience: last night 10m BWD, every encounter I beat a holy priest that outgeared me, but lost to the paladin healer that also out gears me. I think if my gear was on the same level as them, I would have topped the meters on most encounters. That being said, I'm happy with the state we're in.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Since the purification buff, we are totally awsome.