Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Hell not only do I WoG I switch to seal of insight after my threat is established and normaly hold 3.5k hps doing so.
    ... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivalz View Post
    Owned...
    Not much to be said, DK's survive, Warriors survive, Druids survive, why should Paladins go healbot mode?
    And i realize those classes can heal themselves aswell, but i myself, never have to use my self-heal(Death Knight).
    ... Your self heal (well one of them) should be part of your rotation. Death Strike is the awesome, heals you and gives a spiffy damage shield. Why wouldn't you use it?

removed my post after rereading
    Last edited by Thorakar; 2011-02-23 at 06:25 PM.

I usually use WoG when my life is below 70% and I see the healer is having trouble to raise my HP. I'm tanking with Seal of Insight since there are 2 pallies besides me in my raid and lack of Hand of Salvation is not an issue. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
    Dear healers. I will use word of glory every cooldown if I need to but have never needed to when running heroics with a good healer. Please evaluate your own performance if your tank needs to use WoG.
    This is what I was thinking. If the healer is good then the Paladin doesn't need it. WoG is only useful if you are topped off so that you can get the overheal shield. Other than that the healer should be able to heal. It's amazing if you think the tank should be tanking and healing himself at the same time.

Also Word of Glory gives healing threat, so when aoeing its also good!

Quote Originally Posted by Higg View Post
    holy power goes toward Inquisition or Shield of the Righteous, unless I'm fairly low health and my healers are obviously struggling, then I use Word of Glory. It's really good for its circumstancial uses, and not nearly as good as Inq or SotR otherwise.
    This is how I do it. WoG is good when its needed but the other 2 are usually better choices imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
    Dear healers. I will use word of glory every cooldown if I need to but have never needed to when running heroics with a good healer. Please evaluate your own performance if your tank needs to use WoG.
    +9999!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bishe View Post
    Hell not only do I WoG I switch to seal of insight after my threat is established and normaly hold 3.5k hps doing so.
    I do the same thing if the healer really fails...also i've found that seal of insight = good threat for aoe

*waits patiently for morning when this whole topic EXPLODES on every forum across the internet*

Deleted
    Well, not on a 20 sec cooldown it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Well, not on a 20 sec cooldown it isn't.
    Unfortunatelly, this. Being on 20 second CD just makes it now worth enough to spec around. As of now, I use it every time I believe it has merit, and sometimes on others. From 4.1 on, I will keep it off CD just in case I suddenly need extra heal NOW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am literally the most disappointed at this nerf to WoG than I have been at almost any prot paladin change since 3.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Given that this talent has an internal cooldown and WoG heals for 30k, i'd tend to think that you are inventing your stories, or else you only have 100k HP to "get back to full in 3 WoG in a row".

Please stop creating your stories.
    I've had WoG proc to where I can use it 3 times in a row. Between HoTs and WoG I have gone to full. No story ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    This is how I do it. WoG is good when its needed but the other 2 are usually better choices imo.
    Agree, tanks do their part to help the healer by having a large health pool and gearing and reforging for avoidance.

Tanks tank, dpsers put the hurt on the mobs, healers heal.

When people assume otherwise, things go south.

15+ Year Old Account
    seem like Blizzard disagree..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    seem like Blizzard disagree..
    I don't think so.

You will notice that when you queue for a dungeon, you either get a shield, a cross or a sword. When Blizzard changes that shield to a shield/cross icon, then I will agree with you.

Survival skills are useful, *secondary* skills to a augment a *primary* role. Ret pallys can WOG and heal also, but I would only expect them to do so in rare or unusual cases also, not as part of a standard rotation. Same applies to tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    I don't think so.
    He didn't quote you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like it's not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.