Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury of Angerfore - How good is it now?

I've been looking into this trinket now for my Arms Warrior for some time now. The current Trinkets I am using are Impatience of Youth and Darkmoon Card: Hurricane. I know they have made changes to the Angerforge trinket, apparantly it procs a lot more now than before, so I ask the question: How good is it now? Maxdps.com still has it ranked surprisingly low, is that even after the changes to the proc rate?

If it is indeed that good, will it increase my DPS significantly? It sells for around 35k plus on my server, so I wonder if the DPS increase would be worth that amount. Thoughts, ideas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Warrior Subforum.

Crit is very nice for Arms warriors, and yes it builds up stacks a lot faster than before. That being said, I don't know "how much" of an increase it would be for you over what you're currently using. It would likely be an upgrade over Impatience, but at the same time you can simply reforge the Mastery on Imp. over to Crit and it'd be somewhat close. Probably not worth blowing 35k for unless you really want to min/max.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

I assume this is Arms PvE? I don't really know tbh; for Fury PvE, it is BiS coupled with Heroic HoR.. I assume it can't be too far off the mark when talking about Arms PvE too.

I'm an Arms PvE warrior. Just looking to see how well it will benefit me if I bought it... I think I'm more attracted to the proc then the actual value of the item hahaha

http://chardev.org/?profile=16153 This is the generally accepted BiS list for Arms as posted on EJ. It includes FoA so I'd say its a safe bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine its BiS for all PvE warrior specs (TG, SMF, Arms).

I use it myself and its a great trinket, stacks relatively quickly with a great passive stat and looks cool to boot. You won't replace this trinket in the current tier under any circumstances I'd wager.

A a TG Warrior I peronally don't like the trinket so much. While it's better than before witht eh speed it stacks, the stacks can easily drop off if say you have to hop up on Magmaws head, getting Biting cold or anything else that has you stop hitting a target for more than 5 secs. The Crit gain over using IPoY for me is about 1.2%. The inability to CD stack makes this one a little more of a challenge to use. Chimeraon is probably the only fight I can use it without issues. Personally, I'd like it better if it turned you into a Dracnoid instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    A a TG Warrior I peronally don't like the trinket so much. While it's better than before witht eh speed it stacks, the stacks can easily drop off if say you have to hop up on Magmaws head, getting Biting cold or anything else that has you stop hitting a target for more than 5 secs. The Crit gain over using IPoY for me is about 1.2%. The inability to CD stack makes this one a little more of a challenge to use. Chimeraon is probably the only fight I can use it without issues. Personally, I'd like it better if it turned you into a Dracnoid instead.
    It is 10 seconds before the stack/s drop off, not 5 seconds. The stack stacks on a 5 second increment for a total of five stacks before you can "use" the trinket.

I think it is a great trinket. TG Warrior here, if you time your CDs right, you can rip some serious damage/dps. I have this trinket coupled with DM trinket. I've retired LtS for the time being, given my satisfaction with DM over LtS.

I agree with you that falling stacks can be annoying. When I see the timer on my 5 stacks getting low, I turn to any trash mob I can hit to reset the stack timer. If you are at five stacks, as long as you keep hitting something, it will stay at 5 stacks and NOT drop off. It is annoying though.

The fight length affects its worth imo.

Ramp up time for the stacks could take 30-45 seconds, leaving you to hold off on your CDs. That long might cause you to lose a cycle, plus if they fall off...

But that's the price you pay for the str on the bastard. If there's a fight like Atramedes, best put something else on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ramp up takes 20 seconds at most. And if you play correctly you will never lose stacks... except if you are forced to jump on magmaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tingol View Post
    Ramp up takes 20 seconds at most. And if you play correctly you will never lose stacks... except if you are forced to jump on magmaw
    It was lowered to a 5 second ICD, but still it can still fall off.

How does one play incorrectly? Not hit the boss?

The issue my guild's fury warrior pointed out is you cannot DW + Trinket five to ten seconds into the fight because if you are TG, you need 25s to build up the stacks.

I've been seeing 20-30s.

Like I said, with that much ramp up time you could short yourself a DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragall View Post
    I've been seeing 20-30s.

Like I said, with that much ramp up time you could short yourself a DW.
    You don't have to.
    Just don't line up the first trinket use with the first DW. DW has a 144 s CD, trinket 120 s.
    First time usage of the trinket should not be timed with DW but used as sonn as possible (with DW already running).
    All following uses however you should use them in parallel.

The issues I have with the trinket is that in some encounters it is a severe handicap to use this trinket. Magmaw e.g., If you are the one doing the rodeo, the stack is falling off *just in time* for the exposed head phase (and 100% dmg buff). Ouch. Changing platforms on Conclave can also result in a stack loss. etc.

bast case scneario for this trinket: burn phases (with vulnerabilities e.g. or the last 10% zerg), with enough uptime on mobs so stacks do not fall off

worst case scenario: stacks fall off (due to moving, RP events, phase switching, etc) and a homogeneous damage time on the boss.
    For these you should select another trinket. Sadly Nefarian HC would be ideal for this trinket IF stacking of the stolen powers buff would not take so long

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    You don't have to.
    Just don't line up the first trinket use with the first DW. DW has a 144 s CD, trinket 120 s.
    First time usage of the trinket should not be timed with DW but used as sonn as possible (with DW already running).
    This. I'm not sure why people are making this harder than it has to be to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think you should use the proper trinkets according to the fight, i'm always changing from HoR+FoA for HoR+IPoY.

To the OP, if you can, you should get FoA

Deleted
    If you can get your hands on it and if you're good at managing your cds - do it!

Quote Originally Posted by alexunlv View Post
    It is 10 seconds before the stack/s drop off, not 5 seconds. The stack stacks on a 5 second increment for a total of five stacks before you can "use" the trinket.

I finally got this trinket on Tuesday. The stacks last 15 sec, and if you're hitting a target, it refreshes ~5 sec.

On (Heroic) Magmaw, the burst it provides on Exposed Head phase 2 is insane (aligning it with DW and Recklessness). I bound the trinket to Death Wish for one click use, along with Blood Fury orc racial. I peak at 25k to 30k attack power at this point = 110k+ BT crits. Juicy.

Off-topic but I hope somebody can help me with this question.

I just got Band of Bees (valor ring) with Mastery and Haste, but I just looted Ring of Rivalry with expertise and haste what is BiS between those 2?

Thank you