Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    its funny how words like "additional" always disappear when the patches go live! and words like "approximatively" get put in in random places. i think I'm done with this game lol, i loved how they actually maintained there game when is started but these major class changing patches every week just get so old, i can't understand why they have a PTR if they are not going to use it to test changes. and they are always constantly fixing the parts that arnt broken when we point out over and over bugged or broken part of the class and they just ignore it.

its also important to notice that they do all these things to the class to improve mobility (auto shot while moving (good hunters did this b4 the patch), aspect of the fox) then they turn right around and nerf our shots (ES, CS, BA, AiS) and buff AotH making it so important we can't afford to use fox.....im confused.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-02-23 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderbeatdown View Post
    Just a reminder to those comparing specs. During your tests, you must gear appropriately for each spec! This is a good example of a bad example. For BM, all of that haste is wasted. You want crit for focus regen and ability procs, and mastery for pet damage.
    Actually, no, Haste > Mastery for BM.

Haste affects Auto Shot (affecting GftT procs), Focus Regen, Pet auto attack and Pet Focus Regen while Mastery affects Pet auto attack, Special attacks and Kill Command. Haste also affects Cobra Shot casting, but as far as FD goes, it only changes something on certain break points.

Changing all my haste reforges into mastery showed as 180 dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    I would be greatly interested in the break points at which, or the increments of haste, you fully benefit from haste, e.g. you can fit an additional CS into BM rotation.

I reckon standard rotation for BM would be: kill command > arcane shot > cobra > cobra

What amount of haste, and at what delay/ping, will support above rotation without wasting haste? Is it also taking into consideration quick shots or not?
    Pretty much that rotation, once all excess focus is burned off. I thought I saw the exact haste value on elitistjerks a while back. They seem to be of the opinion that haste is great IF you can get to those haste plateaus in one go. Otherwise, it's a fairly useless stat. I'll check to see if I can find the post.

EDIT:

Found it.

Starting at no haste, you want one Arcane shot per 6 second rotation, leaving you with 4 seconds to cast Cobra shot( to get an additional CoS, you would need to get the cast time down to 1.33. With full FF, 3 points in pathing, WF/HP/IT that translates to 1937 haste rating ( not counting T11).

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    Actually, no, Haste > Mastery for BM.

Haste affects Auto Shot (affecting GftT procs), Focus Regen, Pet auto attack and Pet Focus Regen while Mastery affects Pet auto attack, Special attacks and Kill Command. Haste also affects Cobra Shot casting, but as far as FD goes, it only changes something on certain break points.

Changing all my haste reforges into mastery showed as 180 dps loss.
    Nope.

The effects on auto shot, focus regen do not outweigh the benefits of other stats so far as we've seen. As you've stated, Cobra Shot cast time is improved via haste, but until you stack enough to cram an additional shot into that 6 second timeframe before Kill Command comes off CD, it's a dps loss.

Things may have changed since the last patch though, so you might be right and I'm just behind the times. I'll do some some research and some messing around on my own, and see.
    Last edited by commanderbeatdown; 2011-02-24 at 05:42 PM.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    Surv's DPS still stinks and its way below the other two specs.
    In you dreams. And btw, i'm guessing a reason for your current spec being SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaymmc View Post
    In you dreams. And btw, i'm guessing a reason for your current spec being SV.
    Because he's ashamed to say he's not the "top dps spec"