Leveling With Archaeology...Experience?

Simple question. My DK is level 70. He is getting ~3.4k per dig, 3 digs per dig-site is ~10.2K experience per dig-site, and this is all in Eastern Kingdoms. If I go to Northrend, will I get more experience per dig site? 3.4K doesn't seem like a whole lot.

Deleted
    As i remember there is no diffrent for EK/Outlands/Northrend. The experience gained is increased slightly with higher levels, but not alot. I leveled my Paladin from 80 to 83 1/2 with archaeology. So far i remeber it gave me 9k-11k per dig.
    But its not a good way to level up, this takes forever.. I only did this to farm Zinrok for my Warrior.. (20%speedaura ftw )

Deleted
    It takes longer than questing as far as I've noticed. I've leveled one char from 70-85 with it and two from 80-85 (yes, as you can see in my signature, that's all my level 85s ), all with +20% mount speed buffs and the fastest riding skill available at their levels. The XP is okay, but you can go faster through other means.

However, if you're after some rares.. might be a worthwhile way to spend your time. If you wait until level 85, you will still have to do about the same amount of farming but you will get no XP for it anymore.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the experience gain is the same as killing a mob at your level, meaning it will increase, but it'll take a lot of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Isn't the experience gain at level 70 about 1 - 1.5k per kill? If killing Northrend stuff that is...

When Cata hit I didn't care much about rushing to 85 so I decided to take it slowly and give archaeology a try before starting to do quests. I ended up 83 quicker than I thought and started questing in Uldum then.
    So unless they nerfed the XP gain from archaeology (of which i dodnt remember ready anything anywhere) and considering you want arch maxed on your char anyways, I'd go for it from time to time. Might not be the quickest way if you look at it from an xp/hour point of view. But if you are going to do the arch grind anyways, then I guess doing it while you still benefit from the xp gains should make it pretty efficient. Also, adding some variety to your grind to max level is always a good thing

Deleted
    I leveled my 2 alts (truth is from 80-85) with archeology and mining/herbing only. It goes really fast if you are rested. Planing to do it on my rogue also and he is lvl 70. Will probably do some quests also to get some gear or just buy thru AH.

Deleted
    The AH method for getting gear is quite easy in my opinion I got to 85, bought some gear, did a couple of normal dungeons and was ready for heroics (also made an alchemist stone and used the night elf trinket from archaeology to boost my ilvl). And you can always do the quests when you're 85 to get extra money for them instead of xp. Conversely, if you do archaeology at 85 you don't get extra money ...

The xp is quite good if you are rested and going after a couple rares. The main issue I had with it was that I get no rep so for an alt that I expect to raid with down the road I would still have to grind rep for gear etc so it wasn't as good. But for a farm alt it is a nice way to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    The xp is quite good if you are rested and going after a couple rares. The main issue I had with it was that I get no rep so for an alt that I expect to raid with down the road I would still have to grind rep for gear etc so it wasn't as good. But for a farm alt it is a nice way to level.
    Agree, for a farm alt it's quite nice... leveled a large part of 80-85 with archeology on my druid (herbalism alt mainly) with rested you get like 90k per digsite at lvl 84...if you want arch to skill arch anyways you might as well lvl a bit through it

Can be overly tedious, normally do it when only extreme boredom occurs, am yet to find anything useful, and am at over 425 skill