Atramedes 10HC - Searing Flame?

So my 10man group had a few go's at Atramedes Heroic last night, and while we've got the whole lining up for swirlies down, and killing the add down, what seems to be wiping us is getting 2 ticks of Searing Flame. Everyone is down at 10-20%, and it's just impossible to heal everyone up before we get smacked with another 50-80k Modulation.

Our MT said that the strat he read said that it's possible to get only one tick of Searing Flame, yet we've never, ever been able to get just one. The person we have hitting the gong did say his latency isn't the best, and I don't know if he's running DBM or not, but we're calling out 5 seconds before Searing Flame for him. The fight is going smoothly otherwise, it's just getting 2 Searing Flame ticks that's wiping out 2-4 people every time.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-02-23 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

personally im playing with about 40ms in 25man raids and im *the gong master*. So far ive gotten the searing flame cast twice before it actually even ticks, but Id definitely say that was pure luck.

However it is absolutely possible to get it on the first tick - make sure your gong clicker is on the spot, and has perfect connection and is paying attention to absolutely nothing except the cast bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    I think it has been said before, latency is likely the culprit.
    yup, try to have the range with the lowest latency and highest reliability to do the gonging.

Well he's always standing right next to the gong, and we're calling out 5 seconds before Searing Flame. Should I tell 'em to go get DBM? (I don't know if he's running it or not)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Check he's also got Vent

Deleted
    use some raid cooldowns like Aura Mastery , Divine Guardian , Power Barrier etc just before the Searing Flame

AtramedesShieldClicker

*use it at your own risk

Deleted
    One tick Searing Flame should be baseline. Zero ticks is possible, but that's most likely just luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm the clicker for my guild, and I use the Atramedes clicker mod: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ldclicker.aspx

It puts a frame in the middle of your screen that intercepts all mouse clicks about 5 seconds before Searing Flame is out. This lets your clicker spam right click incredibly fast. When Searing Flame actually is cast, the frame disappears. Essentially, the "reaction time" on the part of your clicker is cut out, which is a good chunk of the overall time from the first tick to second tick.

You'll always get 1 tick. If you have a holy paladin or disc priest (and you should have at least one of these), you can use aura mastery or PW:B at every one.

I click for my guild. You need to stop entering commands about 3 seconds before searing flames hits. On our first kill attempt we took 1 tick of searing flame THE ENTIRE FIGHT. If you watch Atramedes casting animation you can pre-empt the first tick if you have an elite reaction time and good MS. (I run around 70-90 during raids, so mine isn't ridiculous to obtain)

Maybe dbm has been updated since 2 weeks ago, but at that time the timer was wrong about half the time. Sometimes searing flame would be up to 2 seconds before the dbm timer said it would be. Sometimes it would be a full 5 or more seconds late. It's possible to get just one tick, if the dbm timer is accurate, but it's not. Despite my low 40ms ping we had someone else try and he ran into the same problem.

I did not pay attention to the timer this week, so maybe dmb fixed it. But I dont think it's a dbm issue. I think the encounter is inherently slightly random.

Bottom line, either use the addon or find a way to heal through 2 ticks. If the timer was accurate you wouldnt need the addon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tust View Post
    Maybe dbm has been updated since 2 weeks ago, but at that time the timer was wrong about half the time. Sometimes searing flame would be up to 2 seconds before the dbm timer said it would be. Sometimes it would be a full 5 or more seconds late. It's possible to get just one tick, if the dbm timer is accurate, but it's not. Despite my low 40ms ping we had someone else try and he ran into the same problem.

I did not pay attention to the timer this week, so maybe dmb fixed it. But I dont think it's a dbm issue. I think the encounter is inherently slightly random.

Bottom line, either use the addon or find a way to heal through 2 ticks. If the timer was accurate you wouldnt need the addon though.
    The timer is based on the ability cooldown. It's not a guarantee that they're going to cast it RIGHT THEN. You're supposed to wait for Atramedes to cast Searing Flames before you gong it, not to gong the moment the DBM timer runs out.

This has been true for basically forever. DBM is a tool you use to help track boss abilities, not a failproof engine that shows you exactly what to do and when.

I've tried that, maybe it's latency, but that always results in 2 ticks, at least on heroic.

Maybe he goes through some animation as someone else suggested, I didnt look for that. But if you wait till there's a cast bar to gong, it's too late.

I was in charge of gongs tonight and with 20 ms latency and being extremely focused on the very large cast bar I had set up, I consistently interrupted after 1 tick.

10 heroic mode.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-02-24 at 12:07 AM.