Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy can't dispe party membersl anymore?

So according to the latest new on mmochampion:

Dispel Magic can now only be casted on yourself to remove harmful effects, and now only removes 1 beneficial spell from enemies, down from 2.
    (Disc)Absolution (Mastery) *New* - Enables your Dispel Magic spell to be cast on friendly targets to remove 2 harmful magical effects.

Does this mean only disc priests can dispel friendly targets in the upcoming patch or will this talent be high in the disc tree? Can't see how you are supposed to heal heroics without a magic dispel on friends. I mean every single healer can dispel magic on friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    More than likely what will happen is it will be 1 on others, and mastery makes 2

Deleted
    Or it's intended to be a nerf to shadow, just holy part not yet completed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will be low in the Disc tree. This seems to be a Shadow PvP nerf. Perhaps they'll bake the same thing into an existing Holy talent. Do remember that this is a very, very early list of changes and there will be many changes before we see this live.

Deleted
    idk...they are ruining this game....

They went to a lot of trouble to make sure that ALL healers could remove magic debuffs. Most can remove two kinds of debuffs.

Changing it now so that Priests are the only healers who can remove ZERO debuffs would be insane. That's either a data mining error, a half-done change, or Blizzard has completely lost their marbles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
    They went to a lot of trouble to make sure that ALL healers could remove magic debuffs. Most can remove two kinds of debuffs.

Changing it now so that Priests are the only healers who can remove ZERO debuffs would be insane. That's either a data mining error, a half-done change, or Blizzard has completely lost their marbles.
    BTW......cure disease and mass dispell still here

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy can do Poison and 1 Magic (presumably), Disc can do 2 Magic. Shadow can only do 1 Disease/Magic. It's targeted at Shadow no doubt and at the same time diversifies the two healing trees a bit more.

Tbh, most other healing classes have to spend talents to do what priests just take for granted.. Looks more like a balancing than a nerf to me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy can do Poison on themselves. That's pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Holy can do Poison and 1 Magic (presumably), Disc can do 2 Magic. Shadow can only do 1 Disease/Magic. It's targeted at Shadow no doubt and at the same time diversifies the two healing trees a bit more.
    Ugh, gonna hate not being able to remove disease

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Holy can do Poison on themselves. That's pretty useless.
    Lockmaw disagrees

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsa View Post
    Tbh, most other healing classes have to spend talents to do what priests just take for granted.. Looks more like a balancing than a nerf to me.
    oh sure....balancing the game is "let all class have the same ability" .....WTB stealth and maybe charge cuz game isn't balanced
    dispells was a core for priests..ffs

More then likely this is aimed to be a shadow pvp nerf, as currently shadow priests are the only dps with a defensive dispel.

We'll have to see what they do with Mass Dispel to make this work. I'm sure if this does go through they will add it to holy.

Also, RIP Mage / Spriest 2s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridus View Post

Agree here.

Almost all of the changes and hotfixes for classes have not made any sense to me. Why fix what isn't broken? Who is deciding these things? Priests have been dispelling magic for ages, why suddenly take it away, when no one was complaining, or when it wasn't causing any major issues? There's even a glyph to add a heal to it FFS. If they nerf holy priests because of PvP or because of shadow I'ma cry me a river.

And after making it so every healer has a magic dispel for party and raid members, they take it away from priests? This makes no sense...at all... I'm genuinely confused. Hoping its an error.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Ugh, gonna hate not being able to remove disease
    You'll still be able to dispel Disease as Discipline, I more meant what the tree brings in terms of bonus.

Deleted
    This can't possibly make it to live, this is the worst decision I've ever seen Blizzard make. Since I rolled priest dispel has been a major part of playing a priest in every spec, priests were always the class with the strongest dispels. Even people trying to justify it by saying it's a shadow pvp nerf don't make sense, A very key part of shadow pvp is being able to dispel your team mates and play defensively, it makes up for the lack of a proper CC and the fact that nearly all of their damage can be dispeled. If this makes it to live I will be extremely angry with Blizzard and any more plain stupid decisions like this I'll probably leave the game which is changing into something entirely different.

Bring the spec, not the class?
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethean View Post
    This can't possibly make it to live
    Duh! Of course it's not going live. This is datamined info from a ptr build, not a live patch or official notes.

All healers get three dispels - priests currently have defensive magic, offensive magic, and disease. Also all healers get defensive magic. Holy absolutely won't be the odd one out there, they just haven't added the spec ability into the build yet.

This is a shadow friendly dispel nerf and an offensive dispel nerf (to bring it in line with purge).

Tbh what is new? doesnt this already apply to paladins who can only remove magic effect if they spec for it?
    Besides, start the whining when it goes live

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably both holy and disc will get that absolution mastery (not a talent). The only change will be that offensive dispels will only remove 1 effect and shadow won't be able to dispel friendly units, only itself.