Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    I think we should shoot in melee range. Raptor strike and wing clip still get used. Raptor strike should become an interrupt like kick.
    you already have silencing shot, no need for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    In Rift you play rogue and u can play MM, range and assasin. So what does that means? You can start fight from range and get some combo points on and after mob reaches you, u can kill it in melee. Simple as that and I like it.
    Then GTFO and go play Rift? WoW>Rift, at least i think so. I can't believe i wasted $60 on collector's edition. >.<
    Aiguille <3

Back pre-Burning Crusade it was always entertaining to come across a 'lol melee huntard'. Often no pet... no ranged... just an axe or sword, and wondering why their dps was low, or no one wanted them in groups.

LoLSurvival was a lot like LoLRet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like being absolutely awful in melee. We have lots of ways to get out, these ways also have cooldowns you can easily die inside and/or are counterable.

But I don't think a melee ability is the answer.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire point of being a Hunter is that you can avoid being in melee. Unless if the said melee would stun the target (so that I can get within range again), I don't really care one way or the other.

What I really want though, is the removal of the dead zone. If I am using a shotgun, why can't I unload it on your face at point-blank?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    you already have silencing shot, no need for that too.
    Yes and silencing shot is on a huge CD, ranged and also specific only to the Marksman spec. We're one of the few classes that don't have baseline interrupt plus we can't melee for shit while mages + shields mitigate the same as hunters do but can nuke in your face. Fair? no.

PvP top spec: MM
    PvE top spec: MM

Something has to change, such as a baseline interrupt or being able to dps in melee range. Right now, hunters don't DPS in melee range. I don't think raptor strike cuts it, its pathetic hitting while every other class in game thats ranged can nuke your face off regardless of distance. The problem with hunters is you interrupt them just going close to them, and you don't interrupt that mage, lock, spriest, ele shaman or anything just by using WSAD.
    Last edited by Lilyana; 2011-02-24 at 11:41 PM.

I want to have at least some melee capability. Right now it's like: Hunter in melee is a chew toy (unless BM)

I'd like it a lot if hunters were able to do half-decent damage in melee, but nowhere near what they could do at ranged.

bm shoulda been our "rexxar" spec

/thread

Surv should have been a melee spec and I'm pretty sure it's initial cause was a melee spec back in beta/early 'nilla
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

15+ Year Old Account
    If I had the choice, as a hunter to have more melee capability, I would most certainly say yes. Why you ask? Well, if given the option to throw off the weaknesses of your class, why would you not want to? A hunter with all of its current abilities, combined with the abilities of say a rogue would be just fine; to be unstoppable is the best scenario to me.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

we have wing clip, thats enough for me

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 06:57 AM ----------

however for making like, SV a melee spec like it was, id vote no, simply because blizz would need to split the focus on hunter development, id rather have great ranged opposed to good range and good melee.