Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to compensate for loss of shred?

Ran into this problem last night, being the first time iv raided with my (undergeared) kitty.

Magmaw - frontal fight - cant use shred
    Argaloth - dps from sides - cant use shred
    Chimearon - frontal (but cant be attacked from behind at points i guess) - cant use or little shred

this wacks down my dps a hell of alot and i was just wondering what you guys replace this with in your rotation when encountering bosses that you cant really dps from behind.

Also, even though i know hit isnt one of our priority stats, i found myself missing a fair bit (especialy since i couldnt attack from behind) and thats WITH 4.5% hit

any idea guys?

I dont know your positions on the fight, but
    Magmaw we attack from behind
    Argaloth from behind/side half the time
    Chimearon is also from behind except when we have to collapse!

You dont need to be straight behind the target.. you can be on the side as long as you stay like more then 90 degrees from the front if you know what i mean

Deleted
    All 3 of those can easily be shredded, just ask your raid leader for a better position. Argaloth you can move in front of him a few seconds before the meteor slash, then go behind again. Magmaw should be turned to the side by the tank, and melee can then stand behind him on the other side.

Deleted
    Ok thanks for that, i only did argaloth on my feral last night, the others i was merely considering the raid positions from past experience. I think i get what you mean cluasen, thanks guys.

Do you think the hit rating problem is merely just gear based? and as soon as i have cleared out all my greens it should be less of a problem? Im reforging my hit (usualy to mastery) so there is ofc, still some there.

15+ Year Old Account
    on magmar (atleast whiy my raids positioning) i can stand at the verry edge (near the lava) and use my shreds
    on Argaloth i simpely dont soak meteor strikes, 1 person more of less saoking is not going to make or break it, so i keep moving to his backside
    on Chimearon, the phase infront of the boss will gimp you a bit but, tha boss allows you to use Ravage! every cooldown to make up for the dps loos and whne you are infront of the boss dont burn your energy to much i try to pile it up a bit todo a extra shred when i am behind again
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

As people said, on magmaw, you are on left, boss is tanked facing right, you can shred him.
    For argaloth, just stick with it on 10 man, fuck the group and dps from behind on 25 man.
    On chim always be behind, on feud phase you are suposed to stack up and heal yourself, yes heal yourself, that way healers will thank you.
    On maloriak 25, fuck the grouping and just dps. Stack on red phases in 10 man.
    And that is exactly the same with all the bosses. If your raid leader is not idiot you wont have any interupt, add switching, standing infront etc etc duties. Ofc on 10 man you may, depending on encounter/healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your raid need to position themselves better I think!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Your raid need to position themselves better I think!
    That!

(also belive it or not but Ferals can be made interrupters too - and raidleaders are idiots for putting you on it)

Btw Mihir got a question about specific encounter and that is Chima i seam to get around 10%+ dodged Shreds witch is totally strange,talked to a guildie(combat rogue) he has same issue missing specials(we all know rogue misses only white dmg) and my hit is around 5,5% or so with changed cloak in same raid tho i did went up in top 5 near end of fight but on few silly wipes i was at 13-20% dodged and 5-10% missed Shreds!!!!!! any known issue about encounter coz i see fury warr/hunters/mages dont have any problems at all and yes i was at his back aka tanked left and i was far right from raid group and it is 25mans tho
    Pff can't post armory link you can check Macorcina,Auchindoun EU

honestly every boss u can get behind with the rite positioning cept maybe council 3rd phase with the blue cirlces and what not but as far as hit goes this forum says dont worry about it but from the past 6 years as a melle class u never raid with out hit cap no matter what forum states what its just unethical in my opinion i notcied a 5k increase in my dps on a raid target dummy just from reforging everything but mastery/crit to hit to get that cap just my two cents tho

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Btw Mihir got a question about specific encounter and that is Chima i seam to get around 10%+ dodged Shreds witch is totally strange,talked to a guildie(combat rogue) he has same issue missing specials(we all know rogue misses only white dmg) and my hit is around 5,5% or so with changed cloak in same raid tho i did went up in top 5 near end of fight but on few silly wipes i was at 13-20% dodged and 5-10% missed Shreds!!!!!! any known issue about encounter coz i see fury warr/hunters/mages dont have any problems at all and yes i was at his back aka tanked left and i was far right from raid group and it is 25mans tho
    I dont need to be mihir to post this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88915
    You should learn from your warriors to not get hit by it and spread.

For Argaloth, if you have a competent raid group they will stack melee on one group and ranged on the other. The tank with the melee group will only taunt a second before meteor slash and the other tank will taunt back right after. Doing this method you can have the entire melee group not have to worry about parries/being in front of the boss.

When I tanked this as bear using this method I was able to be in cat form 90% of the fight and pull 18-19k dps lol

Quote Originally Posted by tg4life666 View Post
    honestly every boss u can get behind with the rite positioning cept maybe council 3rd phase with the blue cirlces and what not but as far as hit goes this forum says dont worry about it but from the past 6 years as a melle class u never raid with out hit cap no matter what forum states what its just unethical in my opinion i notcied a 5k increase in my dps on a raid target dummy just from reforging everything but mastery/crit to hit to get that cap just my two cents tho
    The hitbox on the boss in Phase 3 is bigger now, so you can still stand behind and shred and avoid the circles, atleast until they grow too big. But that's why you're kiting him, right?

Why should not gemming for hit be unethical? Obviously you want to perform at your best, and it is done by not gemming/gearing/reforging for hit since it's your worst stat.
    Also, it has been said it's going to make your rotation more annoying and perhaps slightly harder.

And to be honest, if your DPS went up by 5k after reforging hit I'm sure that's great, but saying everyone's DPS will go up by 5k if they reforge to hitcap is just as unethical. It could also be an l2p issue on your part if you can't keep your rotation without being hitcapped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as Andaja said it's the debuff effecting you. It's rng though so sometimes you could get splashed more than others and you can't avoid it. If anything you could wait a couple seconds when you get the debuff to shred again if you're not maxed energy already.

On Chimearon we stand right in the center on the room facing him and I'm able to shred till my hearts content. I don't bother healing myself but I do pop a barkskin each time right before the 1st wave of slime hits. You also have 15 seconds before it hits so that's caustic free dps time for the raid. The 3 waves of slime shouldn't hit for more than 10-15k each so if you survive you're good since a massacre immediately follows.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by tg4life666 View Post
    You can stand behind the elemental monstrosity.

I'm not sure where you got your opinion, oh wait.. it's an opinion, but considering the forum's normally state math, people are going to take it's advise over "It's just unethical". I don't even understand how that makes sense. If you're a Feral and noticed a 5k increase from getting hit cap, it's the player.. not the stats. Go read this cat sticky or the one on the WoW official site because you need help with the class. If you're not a Feral, you still didn't notice a 5k increase but probably some sort of increase because hit is important for everyone else.

Maybe you did notice a 5k increase... was the first test like 2 shreds and the second test 3? Learn to do a real test, math doesn't lie but you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    All 3 of those can easily be shredded
    This. I always *facepalm* when people mention one of these as an example of a boss that can't be shredded.

Deleted
    The only things that you will have trouble shredding are Al'Akir phase 2, and Chimaeron normal mode during feud (on heroic the tanks will probably stay on their tankspot during feud). Other than those I can't think of anything that's shred-unfriendly.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-02-25 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The only things that you will have trouble shredding are Al'Akir phase 2, and Chimaeron normal mode during feud (on heroic the tanks will probably stay on their tankspot during feud). Other than those I can't think of anything that's shred-unfriendly.
    I've had no problems Shredding on Al'Akir P2 (tank on the right, ranged + healers at the middle, melee dps far enough on the left to be behind Al'Akir, yet close enough to healers). Haven't tried heroic yet, so no idea this is viable there.

Supposedly you can't shred Sinestra, but I haven't been able to test that myself yet.

Pretty constructive post Andaja(sarcasm); but nwm lets put it other way with more info involved.
    We wiped like 4-5 times due stacking of range ppl not melee, that means no splash dmg/effect from slimes.
    I do know what Slime does and not using FC at all not to mess up positioning etc.
    But! after 1st feud we called wipe coz we lost ppl during it dunno how etc(also i pop tranq during feud+use bandages,etc to help healers) during that short fight i had like 4misses+4dodges and it was like 26% for both (according recount) next try it was like 13% dodge 8% miss same scenario. On kill i had near normal % of miss/dodge according other fights, slightly higher but decent amount unlike those few tries i was at 20%+ dodged shreds.
    Also stacking is NONO on that fight so don't post comments aka L2P plx .
    Constructive and polite post is like Tharkkun sad-rng+slime, thx for it btw.Either way it is hardly that i was targeted by slime 5 times ( 8 miss/dodge) in less than minute and i am sure i didn't get splash dmg/effect except during feud, and that is the reason i posted question about that encounter in specific not whole playstyle.

Also stacking is NONO on that fight so don't post comments aka L2P plx .
    You might want to try stacking during Feud.

Constructive and polite post is like Tharkkun sad-rng+slime, thx for it btw.Either way it is hardly that i was targeted by slime 5 times ( 8 miss/dodge) in less than minute and i am sure i didn't get splash dmg/effect except during feud, and that is the reason i posted question about that encounter in specific not whole playstyle.
    The slime debuff doesn't cause any extra dodges, just misses.