Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    you would be surprised the amount of hunters who try to fool me with fd only it doesnt work cause i can see his pet so i carry on attacking him
    The pet being "dead" wouldn't fool me anyways. Actually sure let the pet FD as well as the hunter, would actually mae most non hunters life easier. And the pet still hitting me is not what gives it away when a hunter FD's, it's the fact there is no "KILLING BLOW <insert random hunter name>" popping up in the middle of my screen.

Basically this change would probably only be a setback to hunters rather then any help.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I still don't like the pet feigning automatically as well. I think the best solution would be to give cunning and tenacity pets a talent called "Play Dead" you can spec into if you want to use.
    I like this idea. I also like how you mentioned it being for cunning pets, as it fits the description, and most pets used for pvp are cunning anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    I like this idea. I also like how you mentioned it being for cunning pets, as it fits the description, and most pets used for pvp are cunning anyway.
    Yeah, I added that in edit because I realized I hated the idea of a Ferocity pet "playing dead". How ferocious is that? I think you'd also have to make it that it can't be used during Bestial Wrath.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Having a pet play dead is the dumbest idea for two reasons:
    1. it would really fuck up people in pve who solo tough encounters as it is used so pet has some time to gain aggro.
    2. and this is more direct to the reason for the post, when you die your pet disappears, he doesnt also die. so if your pet "plays dead" when you FD then not only will it still give you away (which lets be honest its not vanilla people shouldnt fall for it anymore anyway) but it also makes your pet drop off target which means reduction in damage, some procs if BM, and also no longer knock backs cast time.