Thread: Priest nerfs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4pc PvP MC bonus doesn't work with BnS, both speedbuffs and debuffs get suppresed.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

15+ Year Old Account
    At any rate, what I find amusing is the crying over the nerfing of what is an optional talent. It's not even mandatory for your spec. If you think it's useless, go into the following talents in it's place.

-Surge of Light
    -Rapid Renewal
    -State of Mind

It doesn't add to healing throughput. In any way. At all. Without it, you can still heal a raid. Without it, you will still have a raid spot. So, if you think it's "zomg useless WTFbbq", spec out of it. I will, however, be keeping it. Because you all forgot the second portion of BnS that makes it very useful for priests. Self-cleansing of poisons.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    shield nerf was there a week or so already if you havent noticed yet

thought i feel it hurt my mana
    a more important thing is

Dispel Magic can now only be casted on yourself to remove harmful effects, and now only removes 1 beneficial spell from enemies, down from 2.

its just bs
    i as sp tend to do the dispelling in raids
    & now they take that option away from me for what ?
    caus mybe some guy found it to much in pvp ??

DONT DO IT BLIZ
    we need to create a front and confront em with this really
    & at least buff our MS or remove that 2 bliz

Quote Originally Posted by corola10 View Post

Dispel Magic can now only be casted on yourself to remove harmful effects, and now only removes 1 beneficial spell from enemies, down from 2.

its just bs

DONT DO IT BLIZ
    Jesus christ, READ PATCH NOTES BEFORE POSTING

Absolution (Mastery) *New* - Enables your Dispel Magic spell to be cast on friendly targets to remove 2 harmful magical effects.

They're making our normal Dispel only available to Holy and Disc, so Shadow can't dispel friendly targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I really don't get why people see (very early) PTR changes and flip the fuck out like those changes are absolute final.
    if no 1 comments bliz will do nothing & leave it like this
    even if you comment a small grp isnt even enoff
    if you could check beta forum from cata there ware lots of bugs in there reported that isnt fixed yet or fixed months later after big grp of ppl whining about it

They're making our normal Dispel only available to Holy and Disc, so Shadow can't dispel friendly targets.
    @vook
    its just bs
    Last edited by mmocea8dfff509; 2011-02-24 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    At any rate, what I find amusing is the crying over the nerfing of what is an optional talent. It's not even mandatory for your spec. If you think it's useless, go into the following talents in it's place.

-Surge of Light
    -Rapid Renewal
    -State of Mind

It doesn't add to healing throughput. In any way. At all. Without it, you can still heal a raid. Without it, you will still have a raid spot. So, if you think it's "zomg useless WTFbbq", spec out of it. I will, however, be keeping it. Because you all forgot the second portion of BnS that makes it very useful for priests. Self-cleansing of poisons.
    Okay, it's not mandatory. But it's really fun and useful. And if they lower the movement increase it will not be taken by anyone, and they're better of just replacing the talent. And the other talents: Surge of Light, already have it, but I'll give you that. Surge of Light is an interesting talent. Rapid Renewal and State of Mind are useless, Rapid Renewal is for spamming Renew, which we can't and with the increased duration of Chakra State of Mind is just outstaying its welcome.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I will, however, be keeping it. Because you all forgot the second portion of BnS that makes it very useful for priests. Self-cleansing of poisons.
    I can't name a single poison effect in the current raid content. There's a few on easier heroic dungeons bosses, but honestly who cares about that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I can't name a single poison effect in the current raid content. There's a few on easier heroic dungeons bosses, but honestly who cares about that?
    Because we should compare a change in 4.1 to content in 4.0. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Did you even do ZA or ZG? I am guessing there will be at least two bosses that will have some form of a poison debuff. Besides, I'll still run 25% faster than normal.

People aren't crying because this is a nerf that is going to affect them heavily. They're simply crying because it's a nerf. Nerfs happen. Get over it already. It's not the end of the priest class, or the World of Warcraft. Don't act like it is.

I am sure in the next day or two a blue post will answer the 578231753490185245897813489752385342652985398024 QQ threads about this as to why the change is happening. I am guessing it to be some form of balancing issue. So, if you're crying about balancing, then reroll the FotM healing class. This change is fine.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    The point isn't that this is a nerf, more what's the point of the talent now, nerfs are nerfs but holy is getting less and less useful talents and more and more which one am i going to pick to fill out the tree.....

Deleted
    Actually you only run 17% faster if you already have the boot speed enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    People aren't crying because this is a nerf that is going to affect them heavily. They're simply crying because it's a nerf. Nerfs happen. Get over it already. It's not the end of the priest class, or the World of Warcraft. Don't act like it is.

I am sure in the next day or two a blue post will answer the 578231753490185245897813489752385342652985398024 QQ threads about this as to why the change is happening. I am guessing it to be some form of balancing issue. So, if you're crying about balancing, then reroll the FotM healing class. This change is fine.
    I'm not crying because we get nerfed. I've never done so, and I'm not going to start now. What I'm talking about right now is that this change (it's a change, not a real nerf) seemingly has no reason, and thins out the Holy Tree even more. (Holy) Priests generally don't cry about getting nerfed. They shrug and adapt. Which is what we will all do. But Body and Soul is one of the most fun talents in the Holy tree, and how it seems right now is that they're removing a bit of fun, for no good reason. As soon as I hear something from Blizzard about this, it should improve. Right now, I'm completely baffled.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

if they lower s&b speed bonus to 25%, they'd better lower it to a 1pt talent because there's no way i'd spend 2pts on it.
    the poison removing feature is nice but is certainly not worth 2pts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I really don't get why people see (very early) PTR changes and flip the fuck out like those changes are absolute final.
    For me, it's just the concept that they are nerfing priests, yet buffing classes that do not need buffs. Holy pally's are getting buffed and warriors are get DR removed on intercept/charge, wtf. Meanwhile, Sin and Punishment still shares DR with itself.

Blizzard has had a severe case of ADD ever since cata released. It's like they are just blindly lobbing changes hoping that they work.

And seriously, what's with the body and soul change? I mean holy really sucks in PvP. Sure it can seriously crank out some heals, but it has no survivability. As soon as you get 2 people on you, you're gone.

And the PW:S nerf, I'm undecided. I hate bubble botting, so I can see how this is a good thing. I just hope they nerf weakened soul.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corola10 View Post

its just bs

DONT DO IT BLIZ
    I knew our dispel was going to be the next to get nerfed. Dispels are just way to strong right now <rant on>And to be quite frank, what did blizz fucken expect?! They gave dispel to every healing spec in the game, and then wonder why it's so strong. I said this was going to be a huge problem a year + ago when I read about it. <rant off>. Demo and destro locks for example, are utterly neutered when their dot's get dispelled. And any good healer will spam dispel against them because it's always cheaper to dispel their dots, than it is to heal through them.

I hope at least they combine cure disease with dispel for disc/holy.

Official PTR notes from Blizz:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

They make no mention of a nerf to Body & Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    I hope at least they combine cure disease with dispel for disc/holy.
    ^^^ This. If they are going to bring us in line with the others, go all the way so we don't have to worry about 2 different keybinds or clicks (and yes, I mess it up now and then and end up dispelling rather than curing and just wasting mana...lol. I'm such a n00b).

Quote Originally Posted by Hugitout View Post
    Official PTR notes from Blizz:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

They make no mention of a nerf to Body & Soul.
    It was subsequently confirmed as a tooltip error here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...oul-nerf-in-41

Datamined info was datamined.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyb View Post
    ^^^ This. If they are going to bring us in line with the others, go all the way so we don't have to worry about 2 different keybinds or clicks (and yes, I mess it up now and then and end up dispelling rather than curing and just wasting mana...lol. I'm such a n00b).
    I agree that the current design for Priests on this is a bit silly, but the problem is the design of the spells. Dispel Magic is both offensive and defensive removal of magic effects; Cure Disease is only a defensive spell. This, however, is a perfect opportunity to fix this problem. Make Dispel Magic an offensive-only removal of Spell effects, akin to a Shaman's Purge. Replace Cure Disease with Cure (or some other more generic name) that removes Diseases/Magics from only the Priest, and have the new Absolution passive allow casting it on others. It still achieves the same function, in preventing Shadow Priests from defensively dispelling magic on others, and it brings Priest cleansing more in line with the other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Datamined info was datamined.
    ^This. Boub really needs to put in extra-extra-large, red, bold, underlined text at the top of the changes:

"Information is datamined, may not be correct, wait until official notes to QQ on your class forums about being nerfed"
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Shadow is dead in PvP after these nerfs. Being able to dispel your healer is what made SP strong, and it was our iconic ability. This means we'll simply be trained 24/7 and our only defense is fear and dispersion. Fear will get instant dispelled anyway.

Thanks, Bliz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    Shadow is dead in PvP after these nerfs. Being able to dispel your healer is what made SP strong, and it was our iconic ability. This means we'll simply be trained 24/7 and our only defense is fear and dispersion. Fear will get instant dispelled anyway.

Thanks, Bliz.
    The fact that you will still be able to Dispel your healer as a Shadow Priest with these changes sort of makes this entire post a bit hilarious.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.