Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My problem is that I play too much, so each major content patch gets old quick. That doesn't change my attitude about WoW, and it's obviously not Blizz's fault. It basically just makes me realize that I spend way too much time playing this game. I have a fairly short attention span with any game, usually 1-2 years...I'll play a game so much I hate it.

That being said, I don't think that reusing content is a bad thing at all. I highly doubt WoW is observing any kind of decline in subscriptions despite all of the qq threads that think it's going downhill. Most posts like this are made by people who have played for a few years. New players have a ton of stuff to do and I'm sure lots of new people subscribe every month. Like everyone else has mentioned, if you are this concerned with the lack of content, it might be time for a break. I'm waiting until 4.1 to come back, and I'm sure it will be fresh again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    so, me and my GF were talking bout wow destroying its self..
    were talking bout the "new" raids that allready ppl done manny manny times,
    were talking bout the hunter volley was gone, (she miss her unter Q_Q)
    and i took a look about the new loot, it just seems exstremely overpowerd yeah? compared when they are changing the BS armor, (removing sockets and so on)
    naxxaramas in wotlk? ppl allready done those bosses before
    the list is just getting bigger and bigger,

anny thought's bout this?
    no.. just no...
    we are getting EXTRA heroics ontop of FIRELANDS + abysall maw.

why do people QQ when they get something extra?
    if blizzard only released firelands and abysall maw people would be happier it seems.

sigh.. strange world we live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Who cares about the difficulty etc?
    Or even the boss models and whatnot?
    Its still a reused piece of content, which isnt coded from scratch thus doesn't provide something new.
    In reality its just an old used instance that gets some new npc models (And yet still remain troll focussed so they will prolly use old models) and a new loot table.
    Thats not a new instance, regardless of whatever size format they put ingame for.
    We did ZG/ZA already, changing a few models doesn't mean it becomes a new instance, and while ZG/ZA where decent instances in their prime going back now trying to hammer on the old concepts again gets rather dull after 2 runs.
    I gotta love this. Mr Whiner, do you remember the ABYSMALLY COSMIC amount of whine when they removed the Amani Bear and later took away Zul'Gurub? I do. Threads full of endless QQ popped up all over the place.
    Now they fucking bring them back, after months of people crying all over their removal, and you start QQing because it's "'reused content"?

There should be a warning caption on these threads: "ATTENTION PLEASE! Whining for the sake of whining"
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    The map is old (probably) and the mechanics are old (probably). But it still has to be coded from scratch. If it was that easy to update content they would have done all the dungeons as HC for Cata launch.
    Because releasing all "new" content at once and having nothing left to release with the next content patches is the smart thing to do.

Right?

And how much coding will Blizzard actually have to do? Bosses may have a couple of new mechanics, but most stuff has already been done so it's a matter of adjusting and balancing them (and coming up with new names for abilities bosses have been using since vanilla). Compare that to completely modeling texturing and animating a new instance with new objects, npc's and mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    There should be a warning caption on these threads: "ATTENTION PLEASE! Whining for the sake of whining"
    Thank you sir for giving me a signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    The sky isn't falling quite yet, but Blizzard is on a path. What Blizzard started in Wotlk with Naxxramas and Onyxia, they are continuing in Cataclysm. .
    i thought the beginning of all this was when they decided to make a hard epic 25man boss into a 5man setback joke

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridith View Post
    Welcome to Activision's corporate mentality: Charge as much as possible for as little development effort as possible.
    Works well with their CoD Map packs, why shouldn't it work here, right?

Deleted
    Did any of you ever think about the fact that there is A LOT of content still available that nobody plays? i mean, who does ZA anymore? just a few peeps that wants to try some solo. what's the point to keep unused content on their servers when most of the players are happy with its return. stop QQ about EVERYTHING. -OT- wtf i just can't stand the fact that there's always someone QQ'ing about something, i know, all of us is different and likes different things, so as someone else already said, if you don't like how the game is going on, just do something else without writing posts and posts and posts that means precisely nothing; pls, leave the forum to post that can help the developers and gamers do better.
    P.S.: sorry for my bad english, i just do my best =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzard announced that ZG will close it's doors at Cataclysm, ppl raged and cried about it. And now, when it will come back as dungeon, with some new stuff inside, some ppl are crying again that Blizzard is recycling stuff and that it ruins the game. I doesn't make much sense to me? I'm happy that they give us ZG back. I'm happy that they give ZA "back". 4.1 sounds great~

15+ Year Old Account
    Gettin' damn tired of seeing all these doomsayer threads in both the Blue Tracker and Recent Threads on the home page.

Yeah people we get it you're sick of the game, but you don't have to go around telling the rest of the population that.

Theres nothing wrong with Blizzard "recycling" some older content if its for a good cause. Naxxramas for example was a raid only a very small percentage of the WoW population in Vanilla got to experience, let alone see it through to the end. Reintroducing it for others to experience was a great idea.

Onyxia? Was a classic fight in Vanilla that tons of people enjoyed, and was brought back as an anniversary present just for the player base. It wasn't like it was the main raid of a specific content patch, it was just an extra raid added in just for YOU.

Recycling of ZA and ZG isn't a valid argument either since they are getting the same treatment that SFK and DM/VC received. Sure its the same dungeon as it was years ago but the content within it is brand new. New bosses, new encounters, new mechanics and new loot.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

so, me and my GF were talking bout wow destroying its self..
    1. were talking bout the "new" raids that allready ppl done manny manny times,
    I tend to agree somewhat, that encounters can be similar, but it's a game after all. There's only so many ways to do things, and I personally think they usually come up with some pretty creative encounters on the whole. Probably never played WoW in Vanilla, where every boss was pretty much the same with the same gimmick - fear bomb, enrage, AoE dmg you had to run out of.

2. were talking bout the hunter volley was gone, (she miss her unter Q_Q)
    Hunter Volley was pretty silly to be honest. I've tanked dungeons where the hunters shows up, hits nothing but volley and ends up 1-2 on DPS. It was a pretty boring spell too, AoE-targetable, queue the channeling, retarget, repeat. But, to the larger point Blue is usually pretty good at making classes more fun (effective is a completely different issue).

3. and i took a look about the new loot, it just seems exstremely overpowerd yeah? compared when they are changing the BS armor, (removing sockets and so on)
    Item inflation is part of playing an older game. There's really no way around it unfortunately, other than expanding the game laterally instead of vertically (eg new raid content vs. new levels). There again though, you need to inflate items stats in order to make them worth the time it takes to gather the new items.

4. naxxaramas in wotlk? ppl allready done those bosses before
    the list is just getting bigger and bigger,
    I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but it if I am remembering correctly it was only around 1% of the WoW-population that even got to experience Naxx, let alone clear it, when it was released in Vanilla. It also fit into the lore pretty well for WoTLK for it to be the intro dungeon in WoW. It's funny though, everyone seems to just gloss over the, in my humble opinion, best raid in WoTLK - Ulduar; Great bosses, a truly epic feel, and great armor sets. But, that's typical, if something is good, it's never mentioned, if something can be seen as "bad" cause it's shown up before it's mentioned often.

As for the list getting longer, I assume you're speaking about ZA & ZG - but have you been on the PTR to see them yet? Can you say they are exactly the same encounters? Can you say they are exactly the same story lines? Probably no, you can't.

Personally, I'm not worried about revamped content. Blue did an epic job with the 1-60 experience (personally I think they've made it a bit too easy to level through it as I found myself constantly outleveling zones before I was even done with the quest content), and so them touching up ZG & ZA for 85 level I am expecting the same thing.

anny thought's bout this?

were talking bout the hunter volley was gone, (she miss her unter Q_Q)
    I have to agree with you on this point, I remember playing my mage and I just loved using blizzard on every single trash pull. It made me wish there weren't any bosses so I could just keep on using that one spell!

about Naxx again, the WoW community had doubled, so only 50% had seen it already.
    when i think about it, probaly even less, since i guess every player who played in Vanilia still was there in WOTLK.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 05:36 PM ----------

they closed ZG, people raged, and wish they would make it in some kind of CoT version to keep it.
    Blizz tries to make a happy surprise to everybody, that it now get a comeback! and then, people rage about recycling. whaaaat?
    also, about Volley. im a hunter, and first i was like "noooooooooooooooooo, my Volley!". but now im like, Volley was pretty boring to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    about Naxx again, the WoW community had doubled, so only 50% had seen it already.
    when i think about it, probaly even less, since i guess every player who played in Vanilia still was there in WOTLK.
    The problem most had with Naxx wasn't that it was reused, it's that it was way to easy. It didn't do justice to 60 Naxx sweetness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Now fast forward to 2013. Blizzard announces revamping Icecrown Citadel for level 90.

As part of our first content patch we are happy to announce the release of ICC as a Caverns of Time raid. Currently 20 million people are playing WoW: half of them never saw ICC when it was current content. Many others never got to experience the classic fight against one of the greatest villians of all time: the Lich King. We expect new and old players alike to be excited to stand head to toe with Arthas (once again).
    The problem isn't really that Blizzard is rehashing old content and using weak excuses for doing so, the problem is that many people feel that this is getting in the way of getting actual new content. This stuff should just be filler content, but it isn't.

they closed ZG, people raged, and wish they would make it in some kind of CoT version to keep it.
    Blizz tries to make a happy surprise to everybody, that it now get a comeback! and then, people rage about recycling. whaaaat?
    When you consider that the people QQ'ing when Blizzard closed ZG aren't the same people QQ'ing now, it really isn't all that strange.

This stuff should just be filler content, but it isn't.
    Erm, they're five mans, and they're in addition to Abysmal Maw, a brand new five man.

That is filler content. It's padding for casual non-raiders, who are probably not five to six year veterans anyway.
    Last edited by Merin; 2011-02-24 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's clearly already done the Firelands so is unhappy to see it retuned for 85.

I love when some people think they've made an epic discovery and come to post it on here like some kind of enlightenment scholar. WoW is not "destryoing itself." There is no evidence it is. You quoted a raid from The beginning of the LAST EXPANSION. This current expansion's raids took longer for progression guilds to clear than the first tiers of BC and Wrath COMBINED. Unless you've downed heroic versions of Nef, Al'Akir, and Cho'Gall, I don't want to hear it, seriously.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    I gotta love this. Mr Whiner, do you remember the ABYSMALLY COSMIC amount of whine when they removed the Amani Bear and later took away Zul'Gurub? I do. Threads full of endless QQ popped up all over the place.
    Now they fucking bring them back, after months of people crying all over their removal, and you start QQing because it's "'reused content"?

Removing content and then putting it back ISNT ADDING CONTENT.
    If i steal 50 bucks from you and give it back the next day did you gain 50 bucks?
    No.
    I didn't mind them removing ZG or the bear, nobody went there besides the mount farmers anyway.
    Just because i dont like them bringing em back doesn't mean i was against their removal.

O and just for the record, they removed old naxx as well. Gues you where a fan of naxx 80 because it was added so it was new content right?

short of HQ overheating and blowing up, wow will never destroy itself, there will always be people to play it