Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    It's fun how Humans are such an old race and so wide spread, yet there's no Arcaheology for them yet.
    i think that Vrykul being their ancestors kinda overshadows them. Just like how Night Elves over shadows High Elves.

And one thing I've noticed is that ruins, or very old settlements are digsites. I have yet to a Tauren ruins, especially since most of their buildings are made of wood and other perishable things. Qiragi architect as far as I know is only in Southern Silithid, those hives all over are just that, hives. So I really doubt we'll see a new race added this expansion, unless they make up another fossil like type that doesnt require ruins(harpies, kobalds, Quilboars, etc)

goblin archaeology. with a chance to explode in your face

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Arent humans like, the youngest wow race?
    its debatable, the supposedly the first generations of vrykul after the Titans left, were humans, who were smaller and weaker, thus they were ordered to be killed, but some parents would not go along with this and hid them. Thats what I remember reading, and if thats true, Humans have been around for some time, but their cities are very new, so only Strom would have old artifacts.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for Titan archeology (mimiron´s head included ofc)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I doubt it's a race like tauren, pandaren, centaur or anything like that.

It has a pickaxe, a shovel and Harrison Jones' hat.
    Could be Troggs.

Quote Originally Posted by morpsend View Post
    In outlands there are no sites in blasted lands. Maybe they could add an Ogre race? That could be a possible addition?
    In outlands there are no sites in blasted lands??? Yeah. Um.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    I hope for Titan archeology (mimiron´s head included ofc)
    Nice name lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not Tauren and Centaurs?

The Tauren have been around for ages. They were even around during the time of the War of the Ancients, but they weren't included in the Archaeology races list.

Yes, they were nomads but they are known, lorewise to have crafted trinkets and jewelry out of bone and precious stones and what not. Clothing. Weaponry? Lots of things for archaeological purposes. They also waged wars against the Centaur for ages. The Centaur have a large history in Azeroth as well...

Also Goblins.
    They are about as old as the Trolls and also, during their first centuries of high intelligence they cultivated a hyper advanced society that waned when their supplies of kajamite dwindled, leveling their intelligence.

My question is...what happened to all those?

Battles would leave weapons and armor on the ground (Centaur and Tauren were at constant war with each other). The Tauren also made elaborate burials where they decorated their dead with jewelry, etc. Carved weapons, etc.
    And the Goblins and their "lost technology" that they cannot remember how to make (before they blew stuff up they actually made technology that benefited people without blowing them up, but kajamite was limited and their intelligence leveled out and they forgot many of the old techs they had.)

Sources: wowpedia. Look it up yourself...
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-02-25 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    there are enough dragon bones they should separate it from fossil. There, a whole new race that works for classic, outlands and northrend .

god i hope its not tauren. such a lame race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    god i hope its not tauren. such a lame race
    Blood Elves are even lamer...>.>

Deleted
    Ever since I saw that placeholder in the Archaeology tab, I've been thinking that it was Pandaren. Anyone agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Ever since I saw that placeholder in the Archaeology tab, I've been thinking that it was Pandaren. Anyone agree?
    I could be...but the problem is the Pandaren rarely, if ever, left Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2011-02-25 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    i think that Vrykul being their ancestors kinda overshadows them. Just like how Night Elves over shadows High Elves.

And one thing I've noticed is that ruins, or very old settlements are digsites. I have yet to a Tauren ruins, especially since most of their buildings are made of wood and other perishable things. Qiragi architect as far as I know is only in Southern Silithid, those hives all over are just that, hives. So I really doubt we'll see a new race added this expansion, unless they make up another fossil like type that doesnt require ruins(harpies, kobalds, Quilboars, etc)
    Tauren Ruins barely exist because they were nomads, so they moved around and didn't say in one place for very long. It wasn't until the end of the Third War that the Tauren united as one and settled in Mulgore.

But think about it...they could have easily left things behind. They were constantly at war with the Centaur. And if wooden troll carvings and spearheads and Night Elf jewelry and a freaking dress can be uncovered as an artifact, why can't a Tauren headdress, armor, or jewelry (Tauren were master jewelers. They made lots of ornaments out of bones, wood and precious stones). Or even weapons? It would be awesome if the epic Tauren artifact were a Totem pole 2-H mace type weapon...like the one Cairne had...to smack people with.

Well, Alliance has 2 races with artifacts, Dwarf and Nightelf. Horde just has Troll if my memory serves me right, so I would think another horde race would get selected. Tauren and Blood Elf are good guesses, I cant help but think what type of goodies Forsaken (Undead) artifacts would be though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Hopefully we'll see some Tauren.
    good idea but taunka would be better ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Well, Alliance has 2 races with artifacts, Dwarf and Nightelf. Horde just has Troll if my memory serves me right, so I would think another horde race would get selected. Tauren and Blood Elf are good guesses, I cant help but think what type of goodies Forsaken (Undead) artifacts would be though.
    Orcs say hello!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    good idea but taunka would be better ;P
    You know what would be better?

BOTH! :O

I would kill for the mace Cairne had. I now want tauren archeology.

10+ Year Old Account
    I skimmed these two pages so I don't know if it's been posted.

Burning Legion artifacts? I don't see why there aren't already, apart from a few mixed in with other archaeology types.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Tauren would be nice, Something to stop kalimdor from being dominated by nelf fragments...
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Deleted
    someone that can get u a mount, maybe some kind of flying lasershooting dinosaur with an undead on his head playing a guitar?