Deleted

Holy Word: Sanctuary

Just saw this on the frontpage.

Holy Word: Sanctuary has a new spell effect.

Any educated guesses as to what it might possibly be? This piece of information has me highly excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Any educated guesses as to what it might possibly be? This piece of information has me highly excited.
    Yeah, I was a bit curious as to the wording. "Spell effect" is very generic and could mean "in addition to X, now does Y," "previously did X, now does Y," or "Previously looked like X, now looks like Y."

My hunch, which could be completely wrong, is the animation is getting a tweak.

* Efflorescence has a new spell effect.

Considering they share the same animation for the most part, I am leaning towards new graphical effect.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think it means new graphics. Sorry guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few 'void zones' that look almost exactly the same as Sanctuary, so changing the spell effect is kinda cool. I hope they make it more clear and maybe (but this is just a dream, not going to happen) differentiate it between Horde and Alliance.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    You maybe right. Though I hope your not. I would have expected them to use the word "Animation" in the patch note. "Spell effect" really does make it sound like something the spell actually does. And in any case, I like the spell animation the way it is.

Fingers crossed!

I'm fairly sure "Spell Effect" here is referring to the animation/particle effects.
    Though, I'm pretty interested in what they're going to make it look like, if that's the case...

Having it slowly heal more the longer you stand in it would be nice, because it currently heals for jack shit. (As in, the longer YOU stand in it, the more it heals YOU.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

For pvp purposes, I would love differentiated AOE spell animations. I hate having to wonder if that ring of frost is my factions or the enemy... or if I should be trying to stand under this bubble shield or pull my enemy out of it. Or try to stand in this green/blue circle on the ground... or ignore it completely.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auro View Post
    For pvp purposes, I would love differentiated AOE spell animations. I hate having to wonder if that ring of frost is my factions or the enemy... or if I should be trying to stand under this bubble shield or pull my enemy out of it. Or try to stand in this green/blue circle on the ground... or ignore it completely.
    I always go stand under the Big Bubbly Shield, even if there is no Discipline Priest for miles around. It makes me feel safe.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Having it slowly heal more the longer you stand in it would be nice, because it currently heals for jack shit. (As in, the longer YOU stand in it, the more it heals YOU.)
    When used on it's own, it is quite bad, however since it is "drop and forget" you can continue to heal using other spells while it is ticking away and do more overall healing in the same amount of time.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It costs a lot of mana and there is only one boss I use it on. Cho'gall phase 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    It costs a lot of mana and there is only one boss I use it on. Cho'gall phase 2.
    I use it on Maloriak in the Red Phase and on Chimaeron during Feud. I wouldn't have enough mana left on Cho'gall's second phase.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Just saw this on the frontpage.

Holy Word: Sanctuary has a new spell effect.

I read this as a visual tweak. Several spells seem to be getting them, probably to reduce issues with overlapping other effects.