Need some insight

Ok I am fairly new to the game... kinda stuck in the middle of not being a noob anymore but not game breaking "omg that hunter is awesome" but I have my moments in either direction. That being said I started in wrath so ya ya wrath baby but I have had no problems adjusting to the diff play styles of the cata heroics and I have just started raiding so thats new territory to me as well.

So now that a little of my WoW background is done you maybe know or can understand where I am coming from. So I understand the diff specs and I am the type of player who enjoys doing dps, the most dps I can dish out is better thats what I consider fun. I will play any spec to do the most dps. NOW to my main point WTF is going on here I have played another MMO going on 7 yrs before coming to wow and I have never seen anything like what I have seen with the hunter changes to the specs, I mean some weeks it seems almost every other day there is something new coming out or that they decided to change, they overnerf overbuff etc.

I understand a work in progress but this is unbelievable The nerfed SV cause it was doing to much dps and in the same stroke buffed MM to do MORE dps then SV was doing now looking at the specs ATM they all seem to have their place and solid playstyle.. only to now see they are looking at possible nerfing SV aoe dps ? now nothing is written in stone and it isnt live till its live I get that but is this how wrath was, ? or BC before that ? I am trying not to QQ here but this is starting to get frustrating.

Bottom line I need to know from long time players is this. Is the game always like this ? nerfs, buffs, omg this spec doing 1.5863% too much dps we better nerf it and on and on and on. I dont know how to or want to run an MMO but am I the only one who thinks they really dont have any type of vision for the classes and specs ? I mean serious, get an outline of what you want each spec of each class to do and share it with the public so we can see that you at least are attempting to reach a goal and not pulling diff ideas out of a hat every week.
    Last edited by Zolav; 2011-02-25 at 02:06 AM.

My insight would be to type properly, and divide this into sections so I'm not looking at some large blob of a paragraph.

And they do have visions for the specs, BM - Pet damage, MM - Ranged Wep Damage Based, SV- Elemental Damage Based

Read the masteries, that should give insight. Not to mention, it's early in this expansion.. they're trying their best to balance the three specs, and the only real way of doing that is breaking Aimed Shot enough to where it's not hard casted.

AHHHHHHHHH Paragraphs!

Other than that *eyes bleeding* - It's about balancing, they impliment what they think 'should' work, but then players have to test it, and it may need tweaking.

Yes that did run together my bad I cleaned it up, and now looking back at my QQ thread thats exactly what it is, alot of whining but I guess for a newer player its tough to learn stuff over and over I guess in the end that will just make me a better player.

Dude edit your post into freaking paragraphs....Not only will it communicate what you want better but it will make the reader a bit more, pliable in answering you...

Hunter specs right now really depend on a few things, what your guild needs, what you like, and the content you are currently in.

If your guild is in need of AoE surv is a great choice.
    If your guild is in need of good single target dps go Marks.
    If you are low on gear and can get your hands on mastery rating BM can be a good spec to gear up and do about anything with, however from what Ive seen its a bit sub par in most raids.
    If you don't have a guild thats raiding, go whatever suits you.

I personally like MM the most right now, for one I'm still gearing up, makes for easy questing for rep because you two hit everything.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    TKAsomething.com forums are a very friendly community willing to help. We don't suffer fools or any abusive comments over there though, and if you just want to ask stupid questions without being insulted, its a great place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    TKAsomething.com forums are a very friendly community willing to help. We don't suffer fools or any abusive comments over there though, and if you just want to ask stupid questions without being insulted, its a great place to be.
    So it's a bad place, for idiots? o.O

Guess no one really understands my question or it is so stupid no one cares to answer it. Which in the cleaned up version its the last paragraph, has this game always been like this with the constant changes of the hunter specs. And ty for the feedback and responses.

To answer the original post: no it has not. I've been playing since Burning Crusade, so since the first expansion up to now. The developers stated design philosophy has changed numerous times, but the current dogma of Blizz states they want to bring specs/classes as close together as possible. Through the various patches, hotfixes, etc there have always been some glaringly obvious overpowered/underpowered class specs but little to no more development was done to correct them for lengthy periods of time because the Blizz philosophy at the time wasn't affected.

Now, with equality being their biggest concern we are seeing lots and lots of tweaks, changes, and both positive and negative tuning. It is quite annoying for those players trying to maximize their play style to keep up with the whirlwind of change since Cataclysm launched. I wish there was a way for me to look at the breakdown of how many times I've respecced my hunter each expansion and the length of time between those respecs. Sure I can see a triple digit figure from my Statistics tab on my Achievements page but it would be quite telling to see how much of that respeccing has come since December. ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line I need to know from long time players is this. Is the game always like this ? nerfs, buffs, omg this spec doing 1.5863% too much dps we better nerf it and on and on and on
    Have you ever heard of "Chaos theory"? According to this theory, small changes in one subsystem can often cascade and cause massive changes in other parts of the system, giving rise to the famous observation: "a butterfly flapping its wings in Sumatra can cause a hurricane in Mexico"

What I'm getting at is, with 30 specs and a whole gazillion of variables, invariably things need to be tweaked, especially since WoW players demand something new with regular occurrence. But take heart - changes are never so incredibly drastic. You won't wake up one morning to find out that Mastery is now the topmost spec, and Agility relegated to the bottom.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in TBC also, and it wasn't like this. For hunters BM was where it was at and a lot of guilds would stack BM hunters over almost anything else. I didn't like it so I played Survival during that period for Expose Weakness since it was raidwide back then. Now with the bring the player not the class philosophy, IMO, Blizzard's job is harder since out of all the classes I feel Hunter is the hardest one to balance.

The agi nerf to Survival was needed since later on in tiers it was just going to get out of hand again. They've almost got it right, but they really do need to listen to the players more. The only problem with listening to the players is that a lot of times the players' ideas are things that would make the class really OP.