Page 1 of 381
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Rift - General Discussions

Rift - General Discussions

PLEASE read the rules posted in the Rift Sticky before posting

Please use this thread to discuss everything Rift (besides PvP and builds)

Helpful Links
    Insert more Helpful Links here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-screenshots
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Rift_Wiki
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-Player-s-FAQ - This is a new Player's Q&A section. Bring your short and simple questions to that thread instead.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...end-megathread - Looking for a 7-day trial or Recruit-a-Friend partner? Post here!

If you have suggestions for Helpful Links, please leave them in the thread with a brief explanation of why they're helpful. Please don't be upset if we don't pick your link to be put here (or if we do pick a link you don't think is worthwhile)... we really only want a limited number of links here.

Comparisons made with the purpose of bashing another game aren't acceptable. Comparisons made in a reasonable and levelheaded manner are perfectly fine!
    For example:
    • "Rift sucks because WoW is better" will likely earn you a ban as it is posted to purposefully incite negative reactions in others
    • "I enjoy Rift, but in WoW was much easier to use. The way Rift tried to modify to make it unique, while successful at making it unique, also made it much harder to use and is probably why we haven't seen it done that way before" is a perfectly reasonable statement to make when comparing some aspect of the two games
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-05-09 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I am really enjoying Rift! I love my 2-headed turtle.

Played till lvl 10 then re-made a char on a lesser populated shard and lvl'd back to 10, really enjoying it so far

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Spitescar and jeesus christ I love 1 hour queues. Price you pay to play with friends i guess.

Not sure if anyone posted this. More than 1 million accounts!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Trion-Accounts!
    1 million registered accounts already. Looking good Trion looking good.

I played up to level 10 then had to go to sleep. Hoping to get on later and have some more fun leveling my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    1 million registered accounts already. Looking good Trion looking good.

I played up to level 10 then had to go to sleep. Hoping to get on later and have some more fun leveling my ass off.
    Wait 2 months...

Nope. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-02-25 at 07:06 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Wait 2 months...
    Thank God for naysayers. Love em. Yep this game is totally going to fail because I can see into the future.

Anyone who sleeps want me to level an alt for them?

Sleeping sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Thank God for naysayers. Love em. Yep this game is totally going to fail because I can see into the future.
    I think what he means is when you buy the game you get a month free game time. So to see if the game's subscriptions hold up and are renewed wait one to two months to see. At least thats the general idea with pay to play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the 225 pages of discussion that happened about Rift (we all know it was 1% actual screenshots and 99% discussion/comments), there's not much that hasn't already been covered = /

edit: Wait a sec, Simca what are you doing here? I just noticed you made multiple threads labled "Rift - PvP", "Rift - Class", etc etc. Why not just make a dedicated Rift subforum instead of hoping that those threads get attention?
    There are a ton of other games that are being discussed, and you creating all these Rift sub-threads is looking really out of place.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-02-25 at 07:28 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Considering the 225 pages of discussion that happened about Rift (we all know it was 1% actual screenshots and 99% discussion/comments), there's not much that hasn't already been covered = /

edit: Wait a sec, Simca what are you doing here? I just noticed you made multiple threads labled "Rift - PvP", "Rift - Class", etc etc. Why not just make a dedicated Rift subforum instead of hoping that those threads get attention?
    There are a ton of other games that are being discussed, and you creating all these Rift sub-threads is looking really out of place.
    i totally agree, should make a RIFT subforum it's looking to be a pretty decent game and by the looks of the full server status on all bar 1 server it's going to be pretty popular
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're not making a RIFT subforum yet. As we've said, if the game proves to have lasting popularity, we'll consider it. We're making these threads in an effort to support increased discussion now that the game is live without overwhelming the rest of the video games forum.

Creating these threads instead of continuing the discussion in the old beta thread is a result of several requests for a "clean slate" without the speculation and information which has changed since earlier in beta.

If you have an issue with this policy, you're welcome to PM me or Boubouille. Please let this thread be about the game, not about our forum policies, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

There's been lots of bursty activity around new MMOs before -- Aion, Age of Conan, Warhammer. MMO-Champion has declared itself a wow-dedicated site, and we should respect their rules as guests.

I see the breakout of 4 separate threads at the end of Rift Beta as a positive step towards something more. Support the admin's rulings and we'll see more support for Rift, not less.

Aside from the logon queues, the servers have been ROCK SOLID. No lag, great performance. The smoothest launch I've ever seen to an online game. We need to see if the end game can hold people in 2-3 months time, but everything they've done to date is as good, if not better, than a Blizzard release. First night of Cataclysm was much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    There's been lots of bursty activity around new MMOs before -- Aion, Age of Conan, Warhammer. MMO-Champion has declared itself a wow-dedicated site, and we should respect their rules as guests.

I see the breakout of 4 separate threads at the end of Rift Beta as a positive step towards something more. Support the admin's rulings and we'll see more support for Rift, not less.

Aside from the logon queues, the servers have been ROCK SOLID. No lag, great performance. The smoothest launch I've ever seen to an online game. We need to see if the end game can hold people in 2-3 months time, but everything they've done to date is as good, if not better, than a Blizzard release. First night of Cataclysm was much worse.
    Agreed step in a right direction.

Had a 30 second queue on Aedraxis when I got home. Server was completely stable for the first 6 hours I stayed logged in for. Last half hour it started to get a little bumpy, but its bed time anyways. Very smooth time.
    Made a few chars then settled into my Chloro mage. Got him to 15. I love Chloro more every time I play it <3 I literally run around looking for people to heal. Chloro/lock/dom for groups and Necro/lock/dom for solo. Doesn't seem to be very many mages on my server and much less in the way of necros than what I saw in beta. Pyro still seems to be a favorite.
    Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna View Post
    Why do you think it sold 1 million units?
    Why do people take such an ambiguous term as "Registered Accounts" to mean copies sold or any variant of it.

I assure you, if and when they can make the valid claim that they've sold that many copies, they'll be doing it.

Registered accounts there means registered accounts. I have 2; 0 copies sold to me.

Was a smooth launch from my perspective.. though I did hear o fpeeps getting in very long queues...

I made level 20 today... am getting some shuteye.. then back at it tomorrow late morning...

Had a BALL today.

Deleted
    Fun tiems, I even solo'd a level 10 minor rift as level 7!...Challenging and tons of fun, didn't make it to the bonus rounds though(missed a bit too much on the boss.)

Anyone know where the vendor for the Corrupt Sourceshards is? (Would Rifthead it but nobody has made Rifthead yet
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made it to level 16 on Whitefall Eu PvP, didnt have to queue as i was there as soon as the servers went up.
    Currently 564th in the queue.

From what ive found so far PvP is amazing and the accidental Level 20 elite invasion was pretty funny

Uploaded with ImageShack.us